Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hey MCSmobiletech...

Any thoughts on what to do for a 1999 Acura 3.2 TL (w/Nav)? I wish someone would make a combo iPod interface and Bluetooth car kit all in one! I'm thinking of going with the Dension kit for the iPod. (Strangely, many iPod kits claim they won't work in cars w/Nav, but that makes no sense to me; my research so far says that if the iPod kit plugs into the Changer port I should be fine since Nav has its own dedicated connector).

Anyway, I'm currently using a Parrot DriveBlue ("portable") kit with my Treo 650, but would love to have a hard-wired (Bluetooth) kit like the 3100 where the phone audio goes to the factory speakers and mutes/pauses the stereo too. Alas, the factory radio doesn't seem to have a dedicated phone mute/pause input. I could probably hook in the same way the Nav does but that would mean muting only the front speakers, not the rear (probably an issue for the handsfree).

Or maybe I should just stick with the DriveBlue (and hope they fix the over-aggressive muting it does on the incoming audio even though I have the external microphone connected)? I'd hate to upgrade to a 3100 and then discover it has the same "feature".

Speaking of which, how does one update the firmware in the DriveBlue? Mine is 3.13 and I believe there's a 3.15 but the DriveBlue.com web site implies that it can only be updated via some mysterious serial update cable.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    Last edited by lemketron; 05/02/2005 at 04:55 AM.
    Lots of good info here in this forum!
    I'm about to put in the CK3100 in my Lincoln Navigator 2003. It has the early version of the navigation unit with a Phone button on it. Is there any harness out there that is "plug and play" to use in this vehilcle? I looked at the two vendors listed earlier in the thread, but the harness offered by them is not looking quite right... I've been Googling myself tired and have not been able to come up with anything. Any clues or advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Per
    I can not find an option incontacts to send ALL contacts. I ahve to send themone at a time. What am I doing wrong?
  4.    #64  
    don't send a "contact"
    send a "category"
    and the catagory name you should send is "all"

I'm doing this from memory, but I am pretty sure that is right
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    Make sure your kit is disconnected from the Treo before trying to send your contact category. This is a function often missed.
  6.    #66  
    I just wanted to update this thread to report that my Parrot CK-3300 kit is working perfectly as designed with my Sprint Treo 650, after I applied the 1.12 firmware upgrade patch to my treo. The phone and the kit stays connected all the time now and the info synchronizes with the phone now.

Could not be happier

<edited to update lazy typing>
    Last edited by car_designer; 07/04/2005 at 07:44 AM.
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    1.12? Did I miss something. I thought the last one 1.08 was the latest... lol
    Guess I better keep reading on. lol
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Greetings everyone,

I have spent a few hours reading up on BT matters. I noticed that Car Designer wrote this:

<<<I just wanted to update this thread to report that my Parrot CK-3300 kit is working perfectly as designed with my Sprint Treo 650, after I applied the 1.12 firmware upgrade patch to my treo. The phone and the kit stays connected all the time now and the info synchronizes with the phone now.>>>

I got a GSM Cingular Treo, is it possible to just install whatever BT Manager files are contained in the 1.12 Sprint firm upgrade to fix the BT connection.? Anyone?

G0THIKE
    I am having major problems with this 3300. I am unable to use the Tomtom nav 5 that I bought and neither web site documents that it is not compatible, which I think is poor support, nevertheless, I am also stuck with the 'disconnected' after a few seconds of it displaying that I am on 'orange' as my provider. This is not a great deal, as at least the handsfree works. I tried Mapopolis, but it is absolutely useless on the T650, and any route of large distance uses up all the RAM memory when it is caching the route... one was 11MB and still did not load even with Major routes selected.
    So main question is, IS THERE ANY HOPE OF TOMTOM MAKING THIS WORK WITH THE PARROT, has anyone had any feedback from either Parrot or Tomtom?
    My firmware and phone are GSM Software 1.13 hardware 1.3 , so i have the latest upgrades.
    Scudder,
    you should be in luck soon with the palm firmware updates, us sprint pcs users had been having the same problem with the disconnets and Tomtom is working on the tomtom 5 to be compatable with the treo650 and the gps for the ck3300 I do know that it works with the tomtom5 gps, at least that is what they told me ..

Quote Originally Posted by scudder
    I am having major problems with this 3300. I am unable to use the Tomtom nav 5 that I bought and neither web site documents that it is not compatible, which I think is poor support, nevertheless, I am also stuck with the 'disconnected' after a few seconds of it displaying that I am on 'orange' as my provider. This is not a great deal, as at least the handsfree works. I tried Mapopolis, but it is absolutely useless on the T650, and any route of large distance uses up all the RAM memory when it is caching the route... one was 11MB and still did not load even with Major routes selected.
    So main question is, IS THERE ANY HOPE OF TOMTOM MAKING THIS WORK WITH THE PARROT, has anyone had any feedback from either Parrot or Tomtom?
    My firmware and phone are GSM Software 1.13 hardware 1.3 , so i have the latest upgrades.
    Parrot have just told me that they have an upgrade within two weeks which solves the Palm troubles, but I have also heard that the cheque is in the post, etc before
    Last edited by MarkEagle; 07/11/2005 at 03:51 PM. Reason: inappropriate content
    Quote Originally Posted by phammari
    Lots of good info here in this forum!
    I'm about to put in the CK3100 in my Lincoln Navigator 2003. It has the early version of the navigation unit with a Phone button on it. Is there any harness out there that is "plug and play" to use in this vehilcle? I looked at the two vendors listed earlier in the thread, but the harness offered by them is not looking quite right... I've been Googling myself tired and have not been able to come up with anything. Any clues or advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Per
    Did you find what you were looking for? I've been absent from the forum for a while and can supply the parts you need if your still shopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by scudder
    Parrot have just told me that they have an upgrade within two weeks which solves the Palm troubles, but I have also heard that the cheque is in the post, etc before
    I was also told by our Parrot supplier that someone from Parrot had met recently with Palm to evaluate the know issues. They seem to be working to solve these problems with hopefully a software update from Palm. I will testify that my Parrot CK3100 works EXTREMELY well. I actually had a customer comment that my phone has more background road noise while holding the phone versus handfree! My wifes V3 Razr works just as well.

I have been selling handsfree devices for several years and actually thing that the full install kit is under rated. The call quality is perfect on both ends and out performs a headset by far. Probably the best feature I enjoy is the fact that if my wife drives my truck for the day, her phone works without any user settings to activate. If the kit turns on and doesn't see my Treo, it looks for other devices in the paired list and syncs with her Razr. No buttons to push, no cradles or hardware to become obsolete over time, only bluetooth. Most my customers who have hard-install handsfree kits will eventually find their hardware needs to be upgraded or replaced as phone models change, usually costing about $300-$400 for the original installation with equipment, brackets, antennas, etc. We currently sell the CK3100 for about $300 installed on most vehicles and you never need another kit as long as your phone supports bluetooth. You obviously don't get the charging service and external antenna connection that most older install handsfree kits offer, but with battery technology better that ever and cellular service constantly expanding, it's not as much of and issue.

How did this reply get soooo long. I'm tired and starting to ramble. Sorry!?! Getting very sleeppyyyy...... z z z z z
    Parrot tell me that Sprint users already have the fix and I have read that the 3300 does work with the Sprint upgrade. Irksome to have to wait though.
    Greetings everyone,

I have spent a few hours reading up on the Parrot car kit and I read that is working perfectly as designed with the Sprint firmware 1.12 update for Treo 650.

I got a GSM Cingular Treo, is it possible to just install the BT Manager files contained in the 1.12 Sprint firm upgrade to fix the BT connection.? Anyone?

Does anyone know WHY the Sprint firmware fixed the connection so that someone smarter than myself can provide a patch?

Would the app AlwaysON Help?

G0THIKE
    The CK3300 is reported to work with Sprint update, and NOT with the GSM version. Palm assure me they are working on this and Parrot also report that they have been in contact with Palm to resolve the problem. Best thing all us GSM users can do is keep up the protest via Palm's support email system so it gets sorted.
    A patch would be good if anyone could do that, but altering the BT stack is complicated...
    Seems to be confusion all round, this was the reply from Tomtom, so keep an eye out for an updated Nav 5 ;-)

Thank you for your email.

An update will shortly be available to improve connectivity with the Navigator 5 software on the Trio 650 and third party GPS receivers.
    Please keep an eye on our website for its release.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team
    with the parrot ck3300 are you able to connect one device for only gps and one device for only car-kit? so would I be able to have my treo connect to car-kit for calls and my laptop connected so it can use gps?
    Ok,
    I spent the money for the tomtom 5 software and everything seems to work great
    tomtom 5
    parrot ck3300 with the latest firmware 4.11
    sprint treo 650 with the latest firmware

the only catch is that your treo bluetooth name needs to me
    TomTom Wireless GPS
    for some reason when I do that the tomtom sees the parrot gps
    works great other than that
    and no
    you can't do both gps and hands free with the treo
    its the limatation of the treo
    Gibby
    How do you make treo BT 'Tomtom wireless GPS' work ?
    When I connect the Treo comes up with 'Parrot 3300'
    If I set Tomtom to 'Tomtom Wireless GPS' it will not connect, I have to set it to 'other bluetooth GPS'
    Wonder if you are doing something I don't know about?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast