Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Totenkopf
    I have the CK3100 mounted on the lower A-pillar of my Ford. It works perfectly with my SprintPCS Treo 650, but at first it would always disconnect when the Treo 650's screen shut off...just had to update the Treo 650 bluetooth. I also have it set up with a RAZR V3 and a T608, and they all work great. I really like the voice control for dialing. The caller ID on the LCD is also really nice.

http://homepage.mac.com/pequine/.Pic...Bluetooth0.jpg
    Thanks for the pic Totenkopf. I was considering the exact same location for my display. I'm a lefty and always prefer my handsfree device on the left of the steering wheel. Here's a picture of my display currently(attached). It's not ideal since the display tilts too far forward and it's hard to read at that angle. I installed mine to demo for customers and wasn't concerned about location at the time, but now I rely on the display and it's time to relocate (some day soon I hope). Do you know how difficult it is for installers to work on their own vehicles? Always time for everyone else, but none for yourself!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Here's a couple more pictures of a Parrot install for a disabled customer. He only has usage of his left arm so we had to install the control unit within reach. The voice activation was the key feature for this particular customer concerning safety with only one hand on the wheel.

'05 Lexus LS430

'04 Cadillac Escalade
  3.    #43  
    You guys really got me excited, thinking that maybe I just needed to re-apply the palmone update to get this stuff to work for me with my ck-3300. No dice for me. I reapplied the update and paired the treo but it works just the same as I described above.

Just to clarify, you guys are saying that your ck-3100 kits will connect when you enter the vehicle and then they will display carrier name, signal strength during the duration of the time you are in your car, regardless if you are making calls or not?

In other words, you guys dont have the word "disconnected" on your parrot screen in "standby" mode?

I have attached a pic of what my display looks like when I am not in a call.
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    There are a few things to consider why we are getting different results. Are there any differences from the Sprint and GSM software (bluetooth updates, firmware, etc) that might make a difference? Is your CK3300 and my 3100 designed to work differently because of the GPS? Is there an advanced setting on your 650 bluetooth set to only connected to trusted devices when needed? I would love to figure this out incase I run into this problem later with another customer. I have another install coming up soon for a CK3100 and Treo650. I'll compare results with another handset and bluetooth system. Maybe my unit is blessed to function the way it does since my contact at Parrot said your issue is normal for the Treo.

By the way, this is my first reply via my 650. I'm out of town on business and I'm very pleased with the keyboard on the Treo. I love this device, even with all the minor issues.
    MCSMOBILETECH,

I have just ordered the 3100 kit and was wondering if you could help a bit with the install. I'm going to be putting it in a 2004 Jeep Liberty with the standard base cd player for a stereo. Do I need to get ISO connectors? Can I get them anywhere locally (boston, MA?) or should i get them online. Or is easier to just get the connectors as suggested in this thread to complete a wiring harness?

Thanks for any help. I've tried the rest, no I'm hoping to install the best!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterGibbons
    MCSMOBILETECH,

I have just ordered the 3100 kit and was wondering if you could help a bit with the install. I'm going to be putting it in a 2004 Jeep Liberty with the standard base cd player for a stereo. Do I need to get ISO connectors? Can I get them anywhere locally (boston, MA?) or should i get them online. Or is easier to just get the connectors as suggested in this thread to complete a wiring harness?

Thanks for any help. I've tried the rest, no I'm hoping to install the best!
    PeterGibbons,

I suggest using this audio harness configuration. You need two different parts available, one that plugs into your factory stereo, and one that plugs into your factory wiring of the vehicle. This is one particular company here that sells these parts. I believe you need the 71-6502 for the factory radio and 70-6502 for the factory wiring if you go with Metra. You can consult with your local car audio dealer who should carry these parts on hand or be able to order for you.

Once you have these parts along with the CK3100, you can pre-wire the system outside the vehicle. Follow the instructions with the Parrot kit as far as audio in's/out's and connect to the harness adapters. Also connect the power connections to the harness adapters as well. Make sure you connect all wires from both adapters you purchased.

Once completed, all that's left is to pull out the factory stereo and connect the harness in-line with the headunit. Also, run your mic cable from overhead and find a good location for the display. You should be able to find a place in the dash to hide the control unit. On the Liberty, you can pull down the trim under the steering column and have plenty of room for all your wiring.

After installation, check you software version on the Parrot kit under setting/info. The latest version is 4.10b. All my inventory that shipped to me over the past few weeks has been shipping with the latest software.

Oh, and make sure you have the Palm update for handsfree.

Hope this helps.
    That is great info! Thanks, I'll see if my local Tweeter has the cables and should be good to go from there. I've done a car deck install before, so I don't think this should kill me. Man, i can't wait for it to come!
    Ended up ordering the harnesses from www.installer.com...waiting for it all to come in now!

Nick
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    This question is for anyone who's installed this before. I'm thinking about getting one of the parrot units (probably the CK-3100), but I'm wondering about installation. I currently have an Alpine KCA-420i (iPod interface) connected to the AUX port of my Alpine deck. It sounds like the wiring harness for the Parrot also connects to the AUX port. Is that correct? If so, is it possible to have both connected? (Can't live without the hard-wired, fully deck controllable iPod interface!)

Thanks...
    just got my stuff today, haven't started the install, so FWIW...

Looks like you can either go line in or just cut and splice to the speakers. I'm going the latter route with my Liberty. Harness is pretty cut and dry as to which is which, looks pretty straightforward.
    2 hours later...and its installed! Looks like everything is working well. Making that cable was the best thing ever...worth the money for sure!

Just have to sync my phone book over to the parrot, then i'm good. Thanks for the help MCS!
    Hay all,
    I am getting my CK3300 installed Monday and Someone said they use something other than TomTom for using with a laptop any idea on what is the best software for a laptops driving directions ....
    Hey guys, I just purchased the CK3100 kit for my 2000 Lincoln Navigator. Currently it has the stock premium stereo (made by alpine), but I am going to be upgrading it to an alpine multimedia station shortly. My installers took a look at the kit and were baffled as to how to install it. The wiring diagram that comes with the kit only identifies the power wires, and not the speaker leads. Has anybody deciphered which wires are which on this kit?If so, id like to manually splice into my current system. If there is an aftermarket harness available for my application i'd be open to that as well. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
    i purchased the cables from the link i think it was www.installer.com i got from here. The cables for my car 2004 Jeep Liberty had the wiring designations on the package, but I also double checked them from a diagram I got on a jeep forum. I'd search the web and see what you can find.
    The wires are listed in the manual, just not easy to find. On page 4 on the most current manual there is a cable diagram showing the connections. There is a mis-print on the configuration for the speaker in and outs (two right rears listed). I could explain the diagram, but it would be easier to list the color configuration.

Positive and negative leads are not listed because as long as the polarity stays the same on inputs and outputs, it's not important.

There are two ISO conntectors. The male socket goes to the radio (audio out from the radio) and the female socket to the speakers in the car (the factory wiring harness).

For reference, use the first color listed for the positive lead.

Right Rear - Grey / White
    Right Front - Blue / Green
    Left Front - Red / Orange
    Left Rear - Brown / Black

When connecting the wires, the best thing is to cut off the ISO connectors one at a time to not confuse the inputs and outputs from the switcher since the colors are the same on both. The yellow wire is the negative mute output from the kit. This is only used for radios that offer a mute input to display "phone" or "call" on the screen during a conversation.

before wiring this kit in manually, check to see if the Ford factory radio has a mute button on the face with a picture of a phone receiver. If so, an interface harness for direct connection is available. I believe Ford did not start using this format until 2002.

Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by MCSmobiletech
    The wires are listed in the manual, just not easy to find. On page 4 on the most current manual there is a cable diagram showing the connections. There is a mis-print on the configuration for the speaker in and outs (two right rears listed). I could explain the diagram, but it would be easier to list the color configuration.

Positive and negative leads are not listed because as long as the polarity stays the same on inputs and outputs, it's not important.

There are two ISO conntectors. The male socket goes to the radio (audio out from the radio) and the female socket to the speakers in the car (the factory wiring harness).

For reference, use the first color listed for the positive lead.

Right Rear - Grey / White
    Right Front - Blue / Green
    Left Front - Red / Orange
    Left Rear - Brown / Black

When connecting the wires, the best thing is to cut off the ISO connectors one at a time to not confuse the inputs and outputs from the switcher since the colors are the same on both. The yellow wire is the negative mute output from the kit. This is only used for radios that offer a mute input to display "phone" or "call" on the screen during a conversation.

before wiring this kit in manually, check to see if the Ford factory radio has a mute button on the face with a picture of a phone receiver. If so, an interface harness for direct connection is available. I believe Ford did not start using this format until 2002.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information, that should help me out tremendously. The phone does in fact have a mute button with a picture of a phone on it. Do you happen to know what the harness would be that would work in my application? To reiterate, it's the premium factory Lincoln alpine double-din cassette reciever with a 6 disc changer.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I am trying to install the CK3100 in a 2004 GMC Envoy with navigation radio and bose system. I can't seem to find a harness for my car, and there are a ton of wires going in and out of the radio. I connected the kit to power leads correctly and connected an external speaker in the dash so it works, just not through my radio. I have no problem with that, but I would like it to automatically mute the radio. Anyone know which wire, or how to tell which wire the mute would be?

Thanks!

- Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by csunracer
    Thanks for the information, that should help me out tremendously. The phone does in fact have a mute button with a picture of a phone on it. Do you happen to know what the harness would be that would work in my application? To reiterate, it's the premium factory Lincoln alpine double-din cassette reciever with a 6 disc changer.
    The audio interface cable runs about $50 and will allow the Parrot kit to interact with the factory radio. When a call placed, the radio display will show "phone" or "call" and all speakers will mute. The Parrot audio will play through the factory speakers. This is the easiest interface option for the do-it-yourself type.
    Quote Originally Posted by jselkowe
    I am trying to install the CK3100 in a 2004 GMC Envoy with navigation radio and bose system. I can't seem to find a harness for my car, and there are a ton of wires going in and out of the radio. I connected the kit to power leads correctly and connected an external speaker in the dash so it works, just not through my radio. I have no problem with that, but I would like it to automatically mute the radio. Anyone know which wire, or how to tell which wire the mute would be?

Thanks!

- Jon
    The On-Star system uses a negative trigger to show the word "phone" on the screen during a call. The audio harness I sell for the GM headunits with On-Star just uses the same input. I'm sure I could pin out the connector and send you the info.
    If you use the harness instead, the audio will be sent to the factory speakers instead of an external one you mentioned. This harness basiclly uses the same audio patch and inputs to the system as the On-Star. It does not disable the On-Star system either, only uses the same inputs.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MCSmobiletech
    The On-Star system uses a negative trigger to show the word "phone" on the screen during a call. The audio harness I sell for the GM headunits with On-Star just uses the same input. I'm sure I could pin out the connector and send you the info.
    If you use the harness instead, the audio will be sent to the factory speakers instead of an external one you mentioned. This harness basiclly uses the same audio patch and inputs to the system as the On-Star. It does not disable the On-Star system either, only uses the same inputs.
    I would like to use a harness, just wasn't able to get one. Can you post more info on ordering?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast