Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Nice F-150 Lariat, I have the same one in red. Want to install mine?
    If you are in the metro detroit area, Id be happy to give you a helping hand. Alternatively, you can always email me with any questions about your install.

heres some more pics of my truck

click here
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    Thanks for the update, I just ordered this kit for my Audi, it comes next week and I can't wait! Currently I am hardwired into my factory harness for my Nokia 8260 so it should be a nice and easy swap.

I got mine from JDHines.com at $299 (ebay auction).
  3.    #23  
    Thanks for the update, I just ordered this kit for my Audi, it comes next week and I can't wait! Currently I am hardwired into my factory harness for my Nokia 8260 so it should be a nice and easy swap.
    Thats great!

hopefully you wont have the soft reset problems that a few other have had. Mine has reset once or twice.

You should also know that the GPS in the ck-3300 will not connect to tomtom 2004 GPS software. Big bummer. I am using the small BT GPS that comes with the Tom Tom kit. I plan on trying the mapopolis package out as well. I hear it doesnt have 3D view though. Major bummer.

I and others have also experienced "hang-ups" that we are attributing to the carkit. I have had 2 or 3 so far. I am not a power user, I dont depend on the kit for my livelyhood. I use it about 3-4 hours talktime a week. So far I have been happy with the kit. I will be happier if there are updates to improve the "hang-ups" and the GPS working with Tom Tom.

Let us know how it goes
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    I imagine all the kinks will be sorted out in time, they usually are.

My big issue is that I really want 'all in one', kind of why I bought a Treo 650 Its a stupid reason, having individual components is not the end of the world..

If it doesn't work well, oh well, it'll be a $100 loss or so as I can ebay it back out and then get components that work properly.

Does anyone know if the other Parrot kits have the same soft reset issues or is it just the relatively new CK3300?

I'll update once I get installed!
    Thanks for the details and pics of your 3300 & GPS project. I am considering purchasing the 3300 and was wondering difficult it would be to install all the different components. You answered all my questions.

I dont have the skills to install it myself but it looks like you have everything up and running.

I have a unlocked gsm Treo 650, but you also mentioned that you would have considered purchasing the 3500 kit. What do you think the advantages would be?

Although I am a novice when it comes to bt car kits and GPS systems - I am not sure excatly what benefits I could get from purchasing the 3500.

Thanks again for all you work.

Best,

stageworks@usa.net
    stageworks@usa.net
    Wouldnt you know it, the day I purchase my CK3300 my wife asks me to upgrade the Audi to a full European nav system.

This CK3300 will be on ebay shortly. Drats!
  7.    #27  
    The 3500 has all of the features of the ck-3300 but it adds a few features for supported gsm handsets. The big feature is that it has an entire gsm phone electronics built into the unit with an external roof mounted cell antenna. This means that the carkit actually can "become" the phone in one of two ways. You can pull the SIM card out of your phone and stick it into the CK-3500 sim slot and the kit becomes the phone. its also supports SIM reading through bluetooth so that the kit wirelessely reads and uses the SIM info so you don't have to remove it from the phone. I don't know/think that the treo supports this though.

the kit is also programmable and you can create run and store programs on a SD card memory slot in the kit. one example of its potential use is that you can program it so send your position (remember it has the ck-3300 gps) over the gprs connection of your phone to a remote computer/server. this thing is targeted at commercial fleets, but it would be neat to play with.
    you could track your entire fleet for the cost of unlimited data access from any gsm cell provider. you don't even need the phone, just a sim card.

sorry I'm babbling, I'm serving wayne county (downtown detroit) jury duty right now. gotta love having a fully charged treo here!
    car_designer
    Quote Originally Posted by car_designer
    it also supports SIM reading through bluetooth so that the kit wirelessely reads and uses the SIM info so you don't have to remove it from the phone. I don't know/think that the treo supports this though.
    The 650 does not support this feature. I believe it's called SAP- SIM Access Profile. Nokia phones only right now.
    The 3500 has all of the features of the ck-3300 but it adds a few features for supported gsm handsets. The big feature is that it has an entire gsm phone electronics built into the unit with an external roof mounted cell antenna. This means that the carkit actually can "become" the phone in one of two ways. You can pull the SIM card out of your phone and stick it into the CK-3500 sim slot and the kit becomes the phone. its also supports SIM reading through bluetooth so that the kit wirelessely reads and uses the SIM info so you don't have to remove it from the phone. I don't know/think that the treo supports this though.

the kit is also programmable and you can create run and store programs on a SD card memory slot in the kit. one example of its potential use is that you can program it so send your position (remember it has the ck-3300 gps) over the gprs connection of your phone to a remote computer/server. this thing is targeted at commercial fleets, but it would be neat to play with.
    you could track your entire fleet for the cost of unlimited data access from any gsm cell provider. you don't even need the phone, just a sim card.

sorry I'm babbling, I'm serving wayne county (downtown detroit) jury duty right now. gotta love having a fully charged treo here!
    THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!!! NOW IM NOT SURE WHICH ONE TO BUY 3300 OR 3500. The 3500 sounds like more than i need but fun to play with. hahaha. and i have to try and find someplace to install it for me.

Which mapping program are you using for gps? How is the treo screen working out?

Thanks again for all you info.

-a
    stageworks@usa.net
    car_designer
    Parrot sent me tnis email is it true that the GPS will not work with tomtom

Hello,

Thank you for the confidence you have in Parrot products.
    We know that US version is compatible with our products but we still are
    making tests with the european one.

Best Regards,
    PARROT SALES

> Hello,
    > I'm writing back to see if you have found a compatible version to go with
    > my Palmone Treo 650.
    > Thank You,
    > Mark
    > ----- Original Message -----
    > From: Sales
    > To: Mark
    > Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 4:22 AM
    > Subject: Re: Palmone Treo 650
    >
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > I apologize for the delay of answer.
    > We have tested the Treo650 and the version we tested was not compatible.
    > We send back the product to Palm to be flashed into an another version.
    > We hope to have the new version end of this week and have a better
    > feedback to give you next week. Could you please contact us again end of
    > next week, we may have more information abou this product.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > PARROT SALES
    > ----- Original Message -----
    > From:Mark
    > To: sales@parrot.fr
    > Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 6:21 PM
    > Subject: Palmone Treo 650
    >
    >
    > Hello,
    > I have a new Treo 650 and I see on treocentral that your product
    > CK3000 works with the treo 650 but no were on your site it says that ,
    > I also wanted to know if your it will work with the CK3300 since I am
    > getting a streo installed this weekend I would like to have one of the
    > Parrots installed and if in the future you are going to support the
    > treo650 with the CK3300 I would like to have that one installed in my
    > car.
    > thanks
    > Mark
    >
    My company sells handsfree and GPS hardware. We use the Parrot CK3100 as our premier handsfree option. This is by far the best kit on the market, I've personally tested most of them.

The kits primary advantage over others bluetooth kits is the fact you can flash new software when available over the bluetooth connection. The latest version out currently is 4.10b (I think). This latest version has only been available for a few weeks and works well with most current phone models, including the 650. You can access the software and latest flash version from DriveBlue.com and click on downloads.

This is a major advantage over other bluetooth kits since the technology is constantly changing and your not buying hardware that will be obsolete in two months.

car_designer
    If you haven't downloaded the carkit software from Pa1mOne, you need to. I installed my CK3100 on Sunday and got my 650 yesterday. It function ok after pairing with the carkit, but had the same connection issue as your. I flashed new software into the Parrot kit this morning, which covered several know "small" issues. One of which included a fix to better enhance the sound quality. I personally thought the quality was awsome to begin with, but it did improve (less road noise at high speed, plus the mic audio was louder)! After the Parrot update, the two devices only connect when needed, such as a call incoming or outgoing. I attended the CTIA wireless conference earlier this week in New Orleans and spoke with my Parrot sales rep. He advised me to download the software fix for the 650. I downloaded the software from palm here and now, perfection! The kit and the 650 connection happens as soon as you turn on the ignition. The display shows your carrier info, signal strength, caller ID, etc. You can dial, answer, end call, call wait, and control the volume through the controller. Plus all the other advanced features. It still does not sync the phonebook, but you can transfer the phonebook entries to the kit.

I hope this helps anyone interested in purchasing this kit. We also offer audio interface harnesses for most current Ford vehicles and GM models with On-Star. These harness options allow you to connect the entire kit to the factory radio without splicing any wires in the vehicle. Once the Parrot kit is connected to the interface harness, all you have to do is remove the factory radio and plug the harness into the radio harness. Then run the mic wire from overhead to the control box and mount the display, all done. PLUS, with these harness kits on late model Ford and GM radios, the word "phone" or "call" comes up on the screen of the radio during a call. You can also adjust the audio coming through the factory system with the volume on the factory radio or through steering wheel controls if equipped.

I'm a new Treo650 user as of this week, and this is my favorite accessory so far. If I could only get my Versamail working better, I'd be singing in the streets. Next up, NEW Treo Bluetooth headset! So the adventure begins.
    Picture of install on Ford Taurus. (Parrot CK3100)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Picture of custom install in new Cadillac. (Parrot CK3100 in ashtray). This one turned out real nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Maybe a dumb question, but I always thought it isn't possible to have 2 BT connections active on the Treo at the same time. Is it possible to connect the Treo 650 to a BT GPS mouse AND receive/make phone calls throught the CK3100 at the same time without losing the GPS connection ?
  15.    #35  
    MCSmobiletech,

Thanks for your insight and pictures of other installs.

I updated/flashed to the 4.10B parrot software about 2 months ago (day after I installed the ck-3300) I have also installed the Palm bluetooth kit updates.

This is what I observe: Start the car and the ck-3300 "connects" to the Treo and establishes a connection. THe carrier name, signal strength are displayed on the ck-3300 display (that is really cool!) About 15 seconds later is says disconnected and it disconnects the "link" between the treo and the carkit.
    When you try to initiate a call from either the carkit or the treo, it will "reconnect" and establish the link for the duration of the call. Randomly, while you are in the middle of a conversation, the link (and your phonecall) terminates. Sometimes you can talk fine for an hour. Sometimes it will hang up on you 3 times in 5 minutes. Everytime I use the kit, I warn the other party of a potential hangup.

That is my experience. I am patiently waiting for updates on both sides.
    I am also considering the Seidio unit with hardwired GPS.

Please post back when you have used the handsfree kit a few hundred minutes, and please let me know if your experience is the same. I am unfortunately betting that it will be.

If anybody does not have these above problems, could you please post your settings?

thanks
    car_designer
  16.    #36  
    Maybe a dumb question, but I always thought it isn't possible to have 2 BT connections active on the Treo at the same time. Is it possible to connect the Treo 650 to a BT GPS mouse AND receive/make phone calls throught the CK3100 at the same time without losing the GPS connection ?
    I am pretty sure that your correct, only one bt connection at a time.
    car_designer
  17.    #37  
    is it true that the GPS will not work with tomtom
    I have not been able to get the ck-3300 GPS to work with Tom Tom.
    I have to use the small rechargeable Tom Tom BT GPS that comes with the Tom Tom kit.

It works incredibly well, though.
    Last edited by car_designer; 03/18/2005 at 01:56 PM.
    car_designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ztupid
    According to my contact with Parrot, this is how it works. Once paired, if your connected to the GPS for navigation and a call comes in, it disconnects from the GPS function and uses the bluetooth connection for handsfree. You then have to reconnect to the GPS after the call. I personally don't like this setup, but if your trying to use the GPS for navigation, it's really the only way to work at all. I've had too many issues trying to navigate with a palm device, so I use a Garmin StreetPilot 2610. If navigation is important to you, it's best to have a device that's dedicated to mapping. If you need navigation every once and a while, GPS on your handheld will do.

This is the primary reason we sell the CK3100 instead of the 3300. If we ever have a customer want to order the CK3300, I'll make sure they understand the limitations with using the GPS and handsfree at the same time.
    MCSmobiletech,

Thanks for your insight and pictures of other installs.

I updated/flashed to the 4.10B parrot software about 2 months ago (day after I installed the ck-3300) I have also installed the Palm bluetooth kit updates.

This is what I observe: Start the car and the ck-3300 "connects" to the Treo and establishes a connection. THe carrier name, signal strength are displayed on the ck-3300 display (that is really cool!) About 15 seconds later is says disconnected and it disconnects the "link" between the treo and the carkit.
    When you try to initiate a call from either the carkit or the treo, it will "reconnect" and establish the link for the duration of the call. Randomly, while you are in the middle of a conversation, the link (and your phonecall) terminates. Sometimes you can talk fine for an hour. Sometimes it will hang up on you 3 times in 5 minutes. Everytime I use the kit, I warn the other party of a potential hangup.

That is my experience. I am patiently waiting for updates on both sides.
    I am also considering the Seidio unit with hardwired GPS.

Please post back when you have used the handsfree kit a few hundred minutes, and please let me know if your experience is the same. I am unfortunately betting that it will be.

If anybody does not have these above problems, could you please post your settings?

thanks
    I'll first address the connect/disconnect issue. Remember I'm using a CK3100 and just purchased my phone last week (Cingular locked). I had the kit already installed using a SonyEricsson T616. I left Cingular and paired the phone in the parking lot with no problem. The audio had a few issues, but the display showed the carrier, signal strength, caller ID, etc right out of the box. I was surprised it worked at all without the update from Palm. The next day, I flashed the Parrot kit with 4.10b to address the audio issues. I then tested the 650 again to check the functions with the kit. I experienced the same problem with the disconnect your describing. All calls inbound and out would come through, but after you terminate the call, the kit disconnected. Then, I updated the 650 with the carkit software from Palm and now it stays connected with no problems.

Here's the interesting part. I called my contact with Parrot and he said the disconnect issue is normal for the Treo. He said it's not a problem and should not interfer with the function of the kit. But he was surprised my 650 stayed connected. Could it be that it's so new or the download from Palm has been updated? Are the updates for various carriers slightly different? Who knows....

Secondly, here's another possible senario. I'm using the CK3100 without GPS and don't have the exact same features as yours (but close). Could the CK3300 be disconnecting by design to allow use of the GPS bluetooth connection if needed? That's my best guess if it's not related to software. I'm a business user on my phone and have used the phone often since purchased. It has some normal issues for the Treo, but the Parrot kit has been performing great. If anything changes over the next few weeks, I'll post my finds.
    I have the CK3100 mounted on the lower A-pillar of my Ford. It works perfectly with my SprintPCS Treo 650, but at first it would always disconnect when the Treo 650's screen shut off...just had to update the Treo 650 bluetooth. I also have it set up with a RAZR V3 and a T608, and they all work great. I really like the voice control for dialing. The caller ID on the LCD is also really nice.

http://homepage.mac.com/pequine/.Pic...Bluetooth0.jpg
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast