1.    #1  
    I've been researching for endless days and would like some advice/help. I have the t650 and just bought the TomTom BT Navigator 2004.

1) Can someone explain what the rave is about BT car kits?? I have a company car and it's very loud inside, so talking by speakerphone doesn't sound too appealing.
    2) Do most people have either a bt car kit or a bt headset? Not both? What would make someone buy one instead of the other.
    3) Now that I bought the bt gps I need a mount. There's the $25 version and then there's the fancy $100+ versions. Other than charging the cradle and speakerphone on the fancy cradles, why do people get these fancy gps mounts? Again, I'm hesitant to buy a speakerphone mount cause car is loud inside.
    4) I'm in outside sales and live in my car all-day long. I'm looking for a good set up for a salesman who lives in the car. I thought bt headset + voicedial was the best setup, but now I'm confused.

I just started a new outside sales job last week with a new territory and need to start using t650 gps ASAP. I'm looking forward to hearing your input! Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    anyone have any input at all.......? I'm desperate to get some sort of mount/car kit. Please share some input. I'm confused and desperate, bad combination. Hope to hear from some folks out there. Thank you.
    Okay let me take a stab at this!
    You have a treo 650 and bought the TOMTOM blutetooth kit and you live in your car.

Get a pro clip treo 650 dash holder and also a Pro clip mount made just for your make and model car.

1)click here for the treo 650 swivel dash holder

2)click here to get a vehicle specific mount for your car to mount the treo 650 dash holder onto

I just installed both and it rocks!!!!!

I havent received my Tom Tom set yet but I would probably velcro the rechargeable bluetooth GPS to the dash in sight of the sky. USe light velcro because you will be taking it off the dash and recharging it/or hiding it from potential theives.

Mission accomplished!!!
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
  4.    #4  
    I got the $35 windshield mount from extremepda to hold me over till I figure out the whole car kit situation. I would still like clarification on what the advantage is of a car kit over just using a bluetooth headset? Obviously w/car kit you don't have to wear a head set, but cars are loud on the highway and will get in the way of phone calls on speakerphone. Also, do some car kits come with their own voicedial app so you don't have to buy the $20 voicedial for the treo??
    I would still like clarification on what the advantage is of a car kit over just using a bluetooth headset?
    1) nothing on your ear!
    2) possibly better sound clarity. My callers report better sounding audio than when I am using the handset. Mine is hardwired into my stereo speakers and it also has a seperate microphone mounted to it as well.
    3) no worries about charging/recharging a car kit
    4) access to contacts/numbers from your car kit dash display
    5) voice recognition dialing built into the car kit

but cars are loud on the highway and will get in the way of phone calls on speakerphone
    They do? You must have a super loud car. You would probably have problems if you drove a convertible with the top down, or if you drove a very loud modified sportscar/musclecar or a import econobox with a big wing and a coffee can muffler tip. I dont have any problems with my pickup truck. Check out the attached pics for cars that would probably have problems

The carkit stuff is new to me, and I am still experimenting, but it seems to work pretty good so far. I have not used the voice dialing stuff yet.

Good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by car_designer; 02/13/2005 at 02:31 PM.
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS