Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Release is today...anybody got it yet?
    According to the web page at 11:30AM (EST) it hasn't been released yet. The page does say that today is the day. Of course it doesn't say that 05/08/00 is the day, just today.

------------------
    -----------------------
    Have Visor Will Travel!
    The release date is expected to be today. Finally an excuse to use City Time on the Visor to see when today is in the UK!
    It is already 9:45 PM in London. Prospects don't look good for it being released today. It looks like a great game, I can't wait to try it.
    www.dreadling.com now has a dowload link on the "GetIt" page.

I just downloaded and synched it. 79K .prc file if memory serves. While the maze is 3-D, the monsters are definately 2-D. It has a somewhat unpolished feel. Controls are all hardware buttons, and configurable: left, right, forward, back, strafe, fire.

Has a map feature.

Uses keycodes ala GameBoy - Once you clear a level, you get a password. Then you can always use it to start past the level you've beaten.

[This message has been edited by PDAENVY (edited 05-08-2000).]
    It's released. But it keep locking up. Hell, just about everything I use locks up.
    It locks up on me also. I had to remove my batteries and nuke my visor to get it back up! Poo poo on Doomling authors. I would REALLY like to see this game succeed, but I lost my warm fuzzy after installing it.
    It worked fine on my Visor. Maybe it is a software conflict. So far it is an alright game, I just have to get used to the controls. Hopefully it will become a great game once I get into it, but I still haven't gotten past the level after the tutor level. I seem to die when I walk out the door. I think it just requires some getting used to, since you're playing on a PDA screen. Just my first impressions of it.
    Mine "locks" sometimes too, but the combination of clicking buttons and/or tapping on the silkscreen and/or waiting 30-60 seconds gets the game to quit.

I think it's a bug, not a conflict. I disabled all hacks before I ran and still got locks.

I wish it had a real save feature, and scores.

Before it locked up, I got close to clearing the level after the tutorial. I found if you go in, turn left and run to the far left corner. Stop there and turn around. Shoot baddies as they come after you. Between baddies, run around and pick up recharges, then run back to your spot.

Good luck!

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Be sure to have a good amount of memory free on your Visor when you run such GS games. (Like Zap!) They tend to use memory temporarily and unpack working files...
    I have over a meg of memory free, so I don't think that's my problem.
    Originally posted by PDAENVY:
    I have over a meg of memory free, so I don't think that's my problem.
    I purchased the game asa soon as it was available & it crashed. The install asked for Hardware ID instead of HotSynch ID.

Andy form Dreadling.com emailed me back that it runs the Demo OK but won't run the Registered game yet on VISORS.

He said that they have to switch over to HotSynch ID & they'll get back to me when it's available.

Long story short - 2 days later & they have my $19.98, but I'm only able to run the free demo.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I found if you go in, turn left and run to the far left corner. Stop there and turn around. Shoot baddies as they come after you. Between baddies, run around and pick up recharges, then run back to your spot.

Good luck!

[/B]
    Is there anyplace that has some info/instruction on playing? Like what are the P's inside the triangle; what do I want to pick up, what to avoid?
    The shareware zip file I downloaded has a html help page users manual.
    As of right now www.dreadling.com (which worked fine earlier today) is down. Current time is 6:09 PM EST.
    Works fine now. Fri, 10:30 EST.