1.    #1  
    Hi.

I just got my 650 in the mail. All was well when I first synced. When I realized that I synced it with the wrong user data, and I tried to sync it with the correct calendar, it says Volume Locked! for all the major ones -- tasks, memos, calendar, etc.

I wrote Mac overwrites handheld, etc. But nothing worked. I even renamed my Palm User to be the name of the old one it thought it was syncing with -- It synced with pbzvariety before, I deleted that one and renamed the one I've been using pbzvariety and put it in the same folder the old one was in.

Does anyone know ho to solve this problem? I want to get it going. Thanks!
    more details pls. what are you using? Palm HotSync or Missing Sync. Entourage or iCal and AddressBook etc
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  3.    #3  
    My reply was supposed to be put up, I thought...

Powerbook g4, Treo 650, Palm Hotsync with Palm OS datebook, memos, etc. Using a program called Life balance for tasks, and that won't sync either.

Thanks!
    End of Line.
    I am having the same problem with the "conduit manager: volume locked" error and have been unable to sync the new 650 with Entourage. My retired Palm V had no trouble with this type of sync. The 650 is syncing to an ancient Palm Desktop file even though I downloaded the newest version of the Entourage conduit from Microsoft. Am I condemned to switching back to seperate programs for email and contact/calendar management on my Mac? Does anyone have a solution to this?
    Read here :

http://www.rohdesign.com/weblog/archives/cat_palm.html

"The Palm Desktop 4.1 install went well (a good sign) and I was able to get the TE to start the sync operation, but I then had a "Conduit Manager, Volume is Locked" error on the new Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos conduits. I manually changed permissions on all of the potentially locked items and directories in the Palm folder and that solved the problem."
    Quote Originally Posted by lneuma1
    Read here :

http://www.rohdesign.com/weblog/archives/cat_palm.html

"The Palm Desktop 4.1 install went well (a good sign) and I was able to get the TE to start the sync operation, but I then had a "Conduit Manager, Volume is Locked" error on the new Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos conduits. I manually changed permissions on all of the potentially locked items and directories in the Palm folder and that solved the problem."
    How did you do that? I can't figure out how to change permissions!