Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mines back in the box and about to go back to the Cingular store. I should of known this phone was not good when I had to install a patch right of the box to use bluetooth in my car. Unit becomes too unstable when you change anything beyond whats loaded from the factory rom.
    Last edited by dohspc; 02/15/2005 at 07:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dohspc
    Mines back in the box and about to go back to the Cingular store. I should of known this phone was not good when I had to install a patch right of the box to use bluetooth in my car. Unit becomes too unstable when you change anything beyond whats loaded from the factory rom.
    I am sorry about your bad experience. However, the unit DOES work. I have the following loaded on my Treo 650:

Chatter
    Converter
    dbScan
    DocstoGo 7.003 (SD card)
    eReader 2.5.3
    eWallet 4.01
    Fileman 3.0
    KB Lights
    LEDOff
    Loan Pro 3.0
    MobileDB 4.0
    RealPlayer
    Versamail 3.0
    Blazer
    Tide Tool
    PocketChess Deluxe 2.5 (SD Card)
    Frobnitz (to play the orginal Zork series on my Palm - SD Card)
    Zap!2016 (SD Card)
    BackupBuddy VFS Pro 3.07 (SD Card)
    BatteryDr (gets rid of the green data lines (connection) on PDA poweroff)
    TreoGuard (prevents accidental answering of phone while taking out of holster)
    dBScan (checks for corruption in the calendar database)
    TealScript (G1 strokes anywhere on the screen - wooohooo!!!!)
    Uninstall Manager
    Cleanup
    Adobe Acrobat Reader 3.05 (SD Card)
    PXAClocker (dont have systemwide speed changed - only individual apps)
    VFSMark
    CardSpeed
    Speedy
    Benchmark

I use the HBH-660 bluetooth headset all day long. My unit is solid as a rock. It took some doing, but it is there.
    ZBoater, is your 650 GSM or CDMA?
    Well I have had my GSM Treo 650 for almost 2 weeks now and have had no problems what so ever, I even have a Jabra 250 BT headset and it works great. I had nothing bad to say so I did not post anything, and I assume there are many others like me. I am too busy enjoying my T650, it blows away my T600 in all areas.

The only minor issue I can think of is that when I removed my T650 from its first charge, the plug was stuck inside the unit and I didnt want to pull too hard, but after lightly tugging on it, the plug came out and a little piece of the brass on the side broke off, I really hate the new usb / charging connector, the old one was better as far as the physical pluging and unplugging of things but the new one has alot more capabilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    ZBoater, is your 650 GSM or CDMA?
    GSM with Cingular. It is Cingular branded.
    Buying two, I can tell you there are some with issues and some without. My first has never reset, almost two weeks old. It is perfecgt. The second one I bought reset 5 times a day, with not even a single app or hot-sync. Replace that one and no resets, but could not enable Bluetooth, if I did, the phone locked, a soft reset would reboot it but would freeze on b/w palm screen. Only a hard reset would bring it back and Bluetooth would not be enabled. Returned that and got another perfect unit. I bought at store so returns easy. GSM - Cingular Orange
    Maybe when I take it back I might get another, encoraged by everyone with "perfect" units. I would be willing to look passed the poor bluetooth implementation in this phone if it didnt crash. But around here in the DFW area they have trouble stocking them so I dont want to wait around prob will just cancel and use my V600 still.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Maybe some of these were built with poor quality chips or something. Might be using cheap memory, who knows.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123