1.    #1  
    One of my first posts to TreoCentral, almost 2 1/2 years ago. I stumbled upon it while doing a Google search tonight.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=27299

Scary, no?

Marc
    Very cool Marc. We're lucky to have you.

Care to name the games? Be even more cool to have plated them and be able to say I "know" the guy who wrote them.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  3.    #3  
    The earliest commercial game was Zork (1980, though first written in 1977), though there were some earlier networked games on the old Arpanet (1974-1977). Lots of others since then for PC's, consoles, and even Apple's Newton.

Marc
    ZORK!!!!! OMG, I grew up on that. My first computer game. Man that is too cool. What else, please??? I know one of the guys who wrote Zork. It's now official, I am a lifelong geek.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    You know, I Googled your name once out of boredom. I found all that stuff on Zork and I was wondering if you were the same person.

I also see I've found a place on the new website as part of the official screen shot
    Wow here I thought you where only in your tweenty's I probably purchased one of the apps for my old Newton ... Too Cool.
    That's what you get for not trying to read the plate in his icon.
    Point taken
  9.    #9  
    I was one of the founders of Infocom, and wrote a number of those games from 1979 - 1987; also managed the other Infocom authors (and befriended Douglas Adams, author of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy; a major sadness in my life). Also did some forgettable PC games using live-action video (back in the mid-90's no less), and some games and productivity apps for the Apple Newton (Columbo's Mystery Capers, Dell Crosswords & Word Games, Notion: The Newton List Manager, Newton Utilities, etc.), then the Syphon Filter series for the Playstation. That's most of them.
    Like Vandee I thought you were some upstart in your twenties dazzling us with his abilities. Instead we are in the presence of greatness.

Thanks Marc for all your contributions both past and present.

Syphon Filter rocked by the way.

Keep up the good work!
    — Ed Howdershelt
  11.    #11  
    Aw, shucks!

Marc
    I just tried entering "xyzzy" into the Chatter console. Nothing happened.
  13.    #13  
    Damn. It really should do something, shouldn't it!

Marc
    Hey Marc,

As an old-time infocom junky - I still have my atari floppies from the early 80's somewhere - I've been having a blast after mating frotz with my treo and digging up my 'lost episodes' floppies. Being able to pack a couple dozen infocom games onto my treo was richly satisfying and at the same time melancholic. Starcross, Planetfall, Leather Goddesses of Phobos ... jeez, those were the days. Thanks for all the fun!

Mark

PS - funny you should mention Dell Crosswords - I found this thread after recalling Dell Crosswords for my Newton, and wishing I had that same pack of word games for my treo ...