1.    #1  
    Just picked up my 650 and it's great. My question is about e-mail, I have read the many comments about fastmail, chatter etc, and finally decided to have a few beers. Hell alot of choices but not sure what is right for me. I currently use a web based email program solve360.com and go on the web to access it. I also have it forwarded to my Sprint PCS account.......
    So what I am missing is I don't get any email alerts.

So to get email alerts on my treo do I have to go thru Versamail or chatter,snapper, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    My corporate email is Groupwise, and it has web-based access. Don't know about yours, but mine is extremely cumbersome to use, and doesn't support attachments; I now use SnapperMail Enterprise with an IMAP account. Works great - you can set it for timed email "pulls" with alerts. For true "push", the word is Chatter is the way to go (only supports IMAP) - haven't tried it yet, but likely will.
    My suggestion is that if your email server has IMAP access, just access it directly with chatter. If it doesn't, it probably has auto-forward that you can forward to fastmal.fm. You can use the free account, but it's definitely worth getting the 2 Gig account from them.

I paid the 50 or 60 bucks for Snapper's enterprise edition, unfortunately before I used chatter. Chatter is 100 times better. It handles attachments better (now you can forward them), allows you to make changes on the server, uploads deleted and sent items, etc...all things Snapper can't do. The best part is that it works in the background and is true push. When I had Snapper "pulling" email down every 5 minutes I would consistently miss calls. That doesn't happen with chatter.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    RandyGOP: definitely sounds like Chatter is worth a try. I understand that it does not have any capability for archiving messages on the SD card - correct?
    They are adding SD card support in the next version. Chatter is my choice as well. As far as IMAP / email providers - I had the best luck, service, and support with mailsnare.net $20 a year
    I couldn't get fastmail or fusemail to work correctly 100% of the time, although it seems many are happy with fastmail.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by amell
    My corporate email is Groupwise, and it has web-based access. Don't know about yours, but mine is extremely cumbersome to use, and doesn't support attachments; I now use SnapperMail Enterprise with an IMAP account. Works great - you can set it for timed email "pulls" with alerts. For true "push", the word is Chatter is the way to go (only supports IMAP) - haven't tried it yet, but likely will.
    Are you saying your GroupWise doesn't support attachments or your current mail client doesn't support the attachments?

Joe