1.    #1  
    I don't know if it is just me, but cingular's site ALWAYS sucks. Slow and semi-buggy. Just wondering if they have a 'optimized' site so I can check my account via my treo.

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    Quote Originally Posted by naked
    I don't know if it is just me, but cingular's site ALWAYS sucks. Slow and semi-buggy. Just wondering if they have a 'optimized' site so I can check my account via my treo.

L
    Not sure what you are asking. Try Connection=GPRS, User Name=WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM, Password=CINGULAR1, APN=wap.cingular
    Meaning a mobile or wap version of cingular's site...

A lot of sites have mobile/wap versions will little to no images, formatted for small screens.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdarsey
    Meaning a mobile or wap version of cingular's site...

A lot of sites have mobile/wap versions will little to no images, formatted for small screens.
    This is what I ment, so... is there one?

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    let me look.
    I was thinking the MEdiaNet site may have a mobile version; wap probably won't work in blazer. You call Cingular's CS to ask. They probably don't, but enough calls on it, management may look into it down the road.
    Cingular's media net (that Media Works homes into) is WAP based, but you can type URL's in to get out into full web. The T650 browser can do both WAP and HTML pages.
  8. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Just FYI, the Cingular T650 come with the following numbers programmed into the favorites:

Check Min: *646#
    Bill Balance: *225#
    Voice Dial: *08
    Dir Assist: 411
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Not sure what you are asking. Try Connection=GPRS, User Name=WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM, Password=CINGULAR1, APN=wap.cingular
    does anyone know the one for Tmobile?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    does anyone know the one for Tmobile?
    Never looked at it. Used the settings that T-Mo put on the SIM, i.e., T-Mobile, T-Mobile VPN. Never noticed any difference between the two except that sometimes one would work when the other would not.
  11. ewm
    There *is* a way to get to the wap MEdiaNet home page - but it's not easy:

(These instructions are for a T600 - the T650 should be similar)

1) Change Blazer to use the proxy server "wireless.cingular.com" port 80.
    2) Browse to http://device.home
    (if you get an error, disconnect and reconnect to Cingular GPRS)
    3) Bookmark the page - the url will be something that starts http://dxml.infospace.com/_x_xxx.... - this url varies by phone.
    4) Change Blazer back to not using the proxy server (if you keep this proxy server enabled, many sites do not work correctly)

You will be able to access the dxml.infospace site with the proxy disabled. You can get to your MEdia Net e-mail by selecting "Messaging", "Email", "MEdia Net Email". Note that it is *ugly* - you are accessing in wap emulation...

To set the proxy server, press "menu", select "options", "preferences", "advanced", "set proxy"....
    Last edited by ewm; 02/05/2005 at 08:39 AM. Reason: clarification
    ewm, excellent info. I found the URL posted in HoFo, but this is easier by grabbing it thru the proxy server.

Todd/Indy