Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there a problem with making a cradle. I do not understand why this item is not already available. (especially when the cable that comes with the phone is so cheap). Anyone understand the problem?
    They even know what it will look like already....
    http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...0022&cat=20018
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    LOL. Life in the Treo lane. Be careful, some hard core Treo fan will defend PalmOne on this one by saying "Treo's never came with a cradle. Why now"?

Well, how about because it's a $600 phone that doesn't work as well as the free phones my kids are using?
    Maybe they could rework the remaining inventory of Visor cradles...
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
    Especially since they changed to the universal connector which was going to make everything compatible (read: save PalmOne $$$) and force us all to buy new accessories (read: make PalmOne $$$). What good is a dealer without drugs?

BTW, that was an analogy, not a recommended lifestyle
    Quote Originally Posted by treolawyer
    Is there a problem with making a cradle. I do not understand why this item is not already available. (especially when the cable that comes with the phone is so cheap). Anyone understand the problem?
    There is no problem if you do not want to do it; you just do not do it. Simple.

Buy a cradle if you can find one. Sell P1.
    I want a cradle too...but I'm not willing to pay $40 bucks or more for it. Hopefully they'll show up on ebay at much lower prices soon afterwards...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Well, how about because it's a $600 phone that doesn't work as well as the free phones my kids are using?
    Did your kids' phones come with cradles? The cradle doesn't do anything to address any of the shortcomings the 650 might have.

I don't understand why people think the Treo should come with a cradle. It's marketed as a mobile device, so it shouldn't be sitting around on your desk anyway.

Now, I'm not defending P1 here because I, too, want a cradle... but only because I'd like to keep a spare battery charged and ready.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    I don't understand why people think the Treo should come with a cradle. It's marketed as a mobile device, so it shouldn't be sitting around on your desk anyway.
    Well, until P1 releases a plutonium-powered Treo, devices need somewhere to charge, and with a "new and improved" charger interface that can barely support the weight of the plug, the most logical option is a physical arrangement where the weight of the Treo maintains the connection, which means a cradle.
    PEG N760C>Treo 600>iPaq4350>Zaurus SL-5600>Zaurus SL-6000L>Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle

Now, I'm not defending P1 here because I, too, want a cradle... but only because I'd like to keep a spare battery charged and ready.
    That's the major reason why I want a cradle too! In addition, I'm also waiting on the extended battery for the 650 as well...

http://www.treotiger.com/treo-650-accessories.htm

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal
    ...a plutonium-powered Treo...
    Now THAT would be cool. Why get a Bluetooth headset, when you can just grow an extra hand on the side of your head to hold the Treo for you?
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
  12.    #12  
    Yes it is a mobile device, but do you live in your car? I don't. Also, I have an office. It is desirable in an office environment to have a place to put your phone to charge and sync. (particularly for those of us who do not wear them on our belt loop). This is why the old palm devices used to come with cradles. They were mobile devices also.

I was just wondering if anyone heard of some particular problem with the delay. I did not intend to start a discussion on the merits of using / not using the cradle.
    Quote Originally Posted by davecombs
    Now THAT would be cool. Why get a Bluetooth headset, when you can just grow an extra hand on the side of your head to hold the Treo for you?
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! thanks Dave
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I too am frustrated by the lack of cradle for the 650 I ordered. Aside from P1, has anyone heard of a third party company making a cradle? I believe Pacific Rim made one for the 600, any chance they are working on one for the 650?
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Quote Originally Posted by davecombs
    I'm in!!!! When can we expect them to be available??
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
    You know the biggest question I have about the supposed cradle is whether it will be able to charge the extended 650 battery from moftware:

http://treotiger.com/treo-650-accessories.htm

Hey gfunk,

That link of yours shows the cradle being released on Feb 18th, for about $100 smaks!!!

Are they nuts!!!! That's the price of a whole new phone (well, maybe not a treo).
    any one break there flimsy/cheap battery cover yet because of having to remove freq to reset?..(i use zlaunch to reset when possible).. I wonder how much that cover can take especially when we start swappin batts.. on top of removals for reset. hmmm.. maybe ill just treat it like a 600 w/out removable batt.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    galen, if I'm not mistaken the int'l cradle is considerably more expensive than the standard cradle. It was for the 600, anyway.
    Vince
    Former long term user of the Treo line, then on to the HTC 8125/8525. Now I have graduated to the iPhone. For the first time since getting my first Treo 600, I am not constantly scanning the web looking for a better converged device.
    That can't be true - somebody's gouging somebody somewhere.

The 600 cradle kit at http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...004&cat=310004 lists at $29.95. Even if you add the travel adapter kit at http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...0023&cat=20018 (also $29.99), the total shouldn't be above $60.

I personally just want the cradle - I'm already drowning in too many travel plug adapters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast