Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wow.. would love to have that extended battery but $129!! Sheez. That is just highway robbery. Kinda sad when I was able to pick up an extra lithium ion battery for my Motorolla V600 cell phone for $7. Technology c/n be that different. What we need is some of our friends from China to take interest in making an ext. battery
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    Larry claims to have ordered a cradle from Buy.com for $36.81 (currently out of stock) and received an email yesterday saying it got shipped.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=71502
    It keeps getting pushed back. The following response was just listed on the Provantage.com site for the Treo 650 cradle:

Availability Backordered
    Note Stock expected on Friday, February 25, 2005 (in 16 days).
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I saw the T5 cradle today at CompUSA. They wouldn't let me open the "welded" package to try it out, but it would definitely work (in my opinion ;-). I think the 650 would stand up on it, too, using the connector to lock it down. The Treo specific cradle might mirror the shape of the base of the phone a little better, but honestly, the T5 cradle isn't bad. It comes with all the int'l adapters and was $39.95. I can't believe someone hasn't already bought it and posted the results. I may go back and get it, myself!
    Vince
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    I saw the T5 cradle today at CompUSA. They wouldn't let me open the "welded" package to try it out, but it would definitely work (in my opinion ;-). I think the 650 would stand up on it, too, using the connector to lock it down. The Treo specific cradle might mirror the shape of the base of the phone a little better, but honestly, the T5 cradle isn't bad. It comes with all the int'l adapters and was $39.95. I can't believe someone hasn't already bought it and posted the results. I may go back and get it, myself!
    Vince
    I actually got the guy at CompUSA to open it for me (Slit the plastic open with a utility knife, pulled out the cradle and handed it to me)

No go, the connector is the same, but the offset of the connector in depth is much less then the Treo, it would'nt line up....sorry, it doesn't fit. I was prepared to buy one too...
    Take a look at the rest of the prices on that site. They all suck. $200 for a no-name 1GB SD card??? Even PalmOne's list prices look good in comparison.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update, matty. I was going to get one this weekend. Saved me TWO trips to CompUSA!! Should'a known that was too easy ;-)
    Vince
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12