1.    #1  
    Alright, so I finally received my T650 and I can't figure out for the life of me how to add a picture to my contacts. I transferred my SIM card from my old phone to my TREO 650 which contained all my contacts. I see that if I want to put in a new contact there is an option for adding a picture using the camera, but not when I try with my current contacts. What am I missing in this 200 page instruction manual? I need help!
    Not being a GSM user, I wonder what the process is for your SIM-stored contacts to "merge" (loosely termed) into the PalmOS Contacts app. Maybe there is a function or an app that would allow you to move or merge the SIM contacts?
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
  3. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    There's an app called 'SIM Book' but I don't know if you can import all of the contacts from your SIM card into your contacts DB...
    its easy:

just go into contacts. select a contact, select edit, click on the picture icon and there you go.
    The question is how you would automate this from the address book in OSX.
  6.    #6  
    My problem is all of my contacts are on my SIM card in my phone. I can not find anything under the edit feature to add a picture. If I click on "new contact", the screen comes up with the place to put all the contact info including the square to click on for the photo. I can not get it to do the same with my current contacts already stored on the SIM card.
    I doubt that this is possible.

I was always a fan of storing my contacts on my SIM card so replacing a phone would not require re-entering the contacts... I guess on the Treo650 I will have to store it on the phone to get the full functionality available to me.

With the syn ability of the device I don't really see this as an issue anymore.

Could you try to export your contacts via Sync from you SIM card and then import them via Sync to your Treo? Then you could probaby add pictures to them fine...

I am still awaiting my Treo, otherwise I would try it out myself.
  8.    #8  
    I will play some more with it, but anyone with any additional advice would still be appreciated.
    This actually raises an interesting question for those already using the 650 who have moved a SIM card. have you encountered any issues between your previously stored Palm contacts (assumes you have upgraded from another Palm device) and the phone numbers stored on your SIM? I'm waiting for a price drop on the unlocked version and then I'll be buying too. Reading the discussions, it's apparent that many of the people having problems are those who have not planned and executed their migration carefully.
    Mark Bergman
    Quote Originally Posted by jrloyd
    Alright, so I finally received my T650 and I can't figure out for the life of me how to add a picture to my contacts. I transferred my SIM card from my old phone to my TREO 650 which contained all my contacts. I see that if I want to put in a new contact there is an option for adding a picture using the camera, but not when I try with my current contacts. What am I missing in this 200 page instruction manual? I need help!
    If you have all your pictures on the sd card in the "dcim" folder then you can use Lightwav. Lightwav will display the jpg in full screen unlike the Phone app that only do 3/4 or less. Lightwav also allow you to use gif and animated gif as caller pictureID

click here www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  11.    #11  
    I did decide to get lightwave for using the music applications, but I also found a fix for my original problem. I still do not see any way to add photos to the #'s on SIM card. I did however decide to export my address book from yahoo to my palm address book. I then deleted all my #'s on SIM card and did a hot sync. Now all my numbers are in "contacts" instead of SIM card. All I have to do now is goe to contacts, click edit, click on the square for the picture and snap a shot of someone. Wow, that was a two day struggle!
    Correct my if I'm wrong, and maybe by now this is obvious, but you cannot associate images (at least using Treo's built in phone app) to contacts stored only on the SIM card. The contact must either be imported into the Contacts app from the SIM (by hitting menu within the Contacts app and selecting Import from SIM) or created new within the Contacts app.
  13.    #13  
    This sounds exactly right, however I did not pay attention to whether or not you could transport the SIM contacts to the "contacts" and then get it to work. This is my first palm device so my learning curve is very big! I know for sure that I could not get any images to associate with the SIM card contacts. I don't think I even need to worry about putting any contacts on the SIM card now because if I upgrade to a new palm device in the future, I can just hotsync all my contacts from my desktop to the new phone.
    doh, I posted a new thread on this subject before looking. Anyone know if you can save the contact photo thumbnails to SD card by default so that it will not take up precious main memory?
    The answer is no. They are embedded within contacts. See discussion here: http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...ad.php?t=71899

Also discusses file sizes.
    FastFrank
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrloyd
    IF you use MS Outlook, sync the Treo to get the photos on the computer, place the photos in outlook and sync again, they will show up.
    i have a contact with multiple numbers.. the photo caller id seems to work for 1 of the numbers, but not the others... is something odd here? like someone mentioned earlier (or in another thread), there's nearly nothing in the manual about photo caller id support and functionality. shouldn't it work for any number for that contact? also, both numbers are in the favorites list..

thoughts?