1.    #1  
    I've never used anything like it, but I am down to 5.3M of memory on my 650. So, I have a question. I am would like to know which programs will run off the SD card with PRPRPR, $and$ $which$ $won$'$t$. $Here$'$s$ $the$ $list$ $I$'$d$ $like$ $to$ $move$ $to$ $the$ $card$.
    1. Snappermail.
    2. Datebook 5.
    3. Call Notes II
    4.SplashID
    That's really it. Will these be able to run from the SD? I have the sneaking suspicion DB5 won't do it, and I'm thinking I may have read the same for Snapper. Please, if anyone can let me know, I'd appreciate it.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    SplashID will run from the card fine. Snappermail will too, but it won't auto retrieve.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I've never used anything like it, but I am down to 5.3M of memory on my 650. So, I have a question. I am would like to know which programs will run off the SD card with PRPRPR, $and$ $which$ $won$'$t$. $Here$'$s$ $the$ $list$ $I$'$d$ $like$ $to$ $move$ $to$ $the$ $card$.
    1. Snappermail.
    2. Datebook 5.
    3. Call Notes II
    4.SplashID
    That's really it. Will these be able to run from the SD? I have the sneaking suspicion DB5 won't do it, and I'm thinking I may have read the same for Snapper. Please, if anyone can let me know, I'd appreciate it.

Any app that is required to be memory resident, which means located in ram in order to function, should not be moved to the card via a memory manager app like PowerRun. Thus any apps that you require to work in the backround etc will NOT properly function if you move it to the card. Thus email clients like snapper, chatter, etc shouldn't be moved. Also, I wouldn't move Datebook5 b/c it would severely slow it down. Same situation with call notes....

Also, if you really want to clear space, try cleaning up your pics lib in ram and also try using the DTG utility;

http://download.dataviz.com/support/...togo7patch.prc

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    Cleaning up my pic lib in RAM? What does that do? Delete pictures? Also what does DTG do and how would I go about using it? Thanks.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Cleaning up my pic lib in RAM? What does that do? Delete pictures? Also what does DTG do and how would I go about using it? Thanks.
    Cleaning pic lib - I guess you just clean up the pictures you have through the camera application (delete the ones you don't want/need anymore)

The DocsToGo patch allows you to transfer the main part of Docs To Go to your SD card. I did this on my T600 and got something like 3 MB "back". The good thing is that it hardly slows down DocToGo.

Have a nice cleaning day
    Most launchers (launcher x, Initiate) include sd card support and cost less than powerrun. It does move slightly more stuff to the sd card - but I doubt it's an issue for most people.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    I have a question about using an app like PowerRun too...should I be able to sync apps that have been moved to my SD card with their desktop companions? I am having trouble syncing some of the apps I've moved to the SD card, and I don't know if it's because they live in the SD card or because of something else. For example, Life Balance gave me a message in the Hotsync log that I should move it back to RAM, but should apps like Splash ID, Daynotez, etc. sync with my desktop versions even when the Palm apps are on the SD card?

-Sabrina
    No, apps that require a conduit to sync with the desktop won't sync correctly unless you move them into RAM before doing a hotsync.

On the subject of photos: store them all on the SD card. There's no need for any photo to be in RAM. You can even assign them as wallpaper and contacts from the card. BUT: your wallpaper is copied into RAM, so make sure your wallpaper files are small.

Snappermail works from the SD card as long as you don't have auto-fetch set. But if your mail databases are very large, it takes a long time to load. I moved it to the card, but moved it back.

Docs to Go can be moved to the SD card using a utility that's available on the dataviz web site: that saves quite a bit of RAM. Most games work fine from the SD card. I've moved FileZ to the card, along with Adobe Reader and some other utilities.

Moving photos, games and docs-to-go made the biggest difference in my case. When I look at "all" in my launcher, I've got 60 apps listed, and more than 6 MB free.

HTH,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.