Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I've searched and searched, and can't find how to use the nav to launch apps like i used to on my 600. somebody please help me!

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer007
    use the nav to launch apps
    Are you talking about the 5-way navigator? From any app launcher screen, the cursor buttons should scroll through the icons while the app button will scroll through the various categories. When the app you want to run is selected, press the center button on the 5-way (or alternatively press the enter key on the keyboard) to launch it.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    No, actually i'm talking about the phone app. When my wallpaper is showing, I could just press right, and it would launch verichat. I could press left and it would start web. I would press down, and it would go to my contacts. I would press up and it would go to camera. I'd like to be able to do the same with the 650, but can't figure it out. Thanks for the reply.
    I like to select category "All" and type first letter of desired application to get close and then use nav button to select as suggested in previous post.

You can repeat hitting "Home" key to sequence thru categories until "All" appears.
    FastFrank
    I'd like to be able to do the same with the 650, but can't figure it out.
    I never had the 600 so I didn't realize what you were asking. On the 650, you can setup the Favorites buttons to launch apps or speed dials, etc. Then you use the 5-way to navigate to the appropriate button and press the center button.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    But there has to be a way to do it like the 600, where up is favorites, down is contacts, right is pictures, and left is web? I was sooo used to this, and kinda wish this had it.
    Ah so, now I understand. I initially preferred the old 600 way, but quickly got my 650 setup the way I like and now like it better.

Using "button" setup prefs, I have:

Opt/Green Phone Button = Web
    Calendar Button = Calendar
    Opt/Calendar = Camera
    Memo Button = Email
    Opt/Memo = Memos

I also setup Phone screen with one line with wife's number and voicemail exposed. Simply move other Favorites around until most frequently used are quick to access. I also have it setup to automatically search contacts vs. dialing digits. I never dial digits directly. Always enter into contacts first. Above are just my prefs.

Hope you get it setup to your prefs & grow to like the new phone.
    FastFrank
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Thanks Frank--I think I'm just going to have to play with this phone for awhile, and I'll eventually get used to it. I just hope I don't have all the problems everyone keeps talking about with this phone. oh well--lets see. thanks again
    bimmer, I'm with you - I wish there was an option to configure the phone app like the treo 600. I still find myself pressing down on the nav pad to go to my contacts, or right to go to the web. I really don't think this new system is any better. In most cases it adds an additional key stroke to launch the app you want (with the exception of whatever shortcut you have in the number 1 position on page 1 that you can execute by pressing the center of the 5-way). I know that now you can just scroll down and you have access to all of your shortcuts, but on the 600 you could assign the shortcuts to a key on the nav-pad and it was just as functional. I know that this is just my opinion, and to each his own, but I really think that nav-pad functionality within the phone app on the 600 was superior to the 650. I still love my 650 though.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    YES!!!! Someone knows what I'm talkin about, and agrees.. I'm sure there must be a way to add this feature or some kind of hack to allow it. I guess its just hard to teach an old dog new tricks.
    This new system is okay, and I'm getting used to it, but still... Surely PalmOne didn't make this change simply for the sake of change. There must be some justification for it, I just can't see it yet. What can I do now that I couldn't do before (or what's easier to do now)? Anything?
    I've searched and searched, and can't find how to use the nav to launch apps like i used to on my 600. somebody please help me!

TIA
    I just ran across this: http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...0&prodid=89887
    Is this what you were looking for?
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680