1.    #1  
    So I drop kicked my Treo 600 on T-Mobile and bought a new Cingular 650 with EDGE data service.

Words of wisdom to Dallas T-Mobile folks - don't fall victim to their "more bars" BS line of marketing. I have never had a phone that drops as many calls Cingular. Their data service is faster but it costs a ton of money and I am think T-Mobile is a overall better service.

Also, am I smoking crack again or is the volume on the Treo 650 earpiece more like the volume Treo 300 - NOT LOUD ENOUGH!?

Remember the Treo 300 days? When you are driving down the road, you cannot hear a thing even with the volume turned up all the way.

Crap.
    I've heard vastly conflicting reports, praising Cingular in the DFW area....guess it truly is YMMV...
    Sprint works very well in the Dallas area from my own experience.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Travel to Dallas on regular basis and never had an issue with Cingular. However, the volume on the gsm 650 does seem only acceptable at near the highest level. Not terrible, but not great either.
    I find that believing the universe spontaneously generated, developed self-governing laws, and produced intelligent life all by random, purposeless, material events requires greater faith than I am able to muster.
  5.    #5  
    T-Mobile is hands down better in Dallas than Cingular. I have also found that the T-Mobile signal pentrates better into buildings. With Cingular, I have go by a window to talk.

If you are in Dallas, stick to T-Mobile!
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Coolio, because TMobile sucks in Houston. Guess it varies from city to city.
    I find that believing the universe spontaneously generated, developed self-governing laws, and produced intelligent life all by random, purposeless, material events requires greater faith than I am able to muster.
    I have Cingular Blue and I'm in the DFW are. The service has only gotten better within the last year or so. My MPX220 recently switch from ATT Wireless to Cingular on the screen, and I haven't noticed any change in call quality. I will let you know how it goes when my unlocked 650 arrives.
    so far so good... *crossing fingers*

i've have service with both cingular & tmo, though I use the cing sim on my t650 taking advantage of EDGE...
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter