Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Check out this app called WinLauncher its the closes to the real thing ever seen!
    There is windows with menu bar and tabs you can drag, minimize, expand the windows and more. Its a pretty cool new launcher, been trying out the free trial for a bit looks promising. I would like to see what others think. Works fine on my 650.
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=86127
    Last edited by migs; 02/04/2005 at 04:30 PM.
    Looks cool. Have you tried it out, migs? Does it have full 5-way support?
    That's interesting. I'm glad you like it.

Although I'm not sure why PalmOS lovers would want to emulate the Windows look, I can see that some are more comfortable since most desktop computers and laptops are windows based.
    I agree TonyH. I don't know why you'd want to use it unless you were forced to...much less on a handheld. IMO, PPC is cumbersome and a PITA to use. Palm OS is much more functional on the platform, and 3rd party apps make it modular enough that you can play multimedia on it if you choose, view images, etc. It's up to you.
    plus the 5 way button does not work with this launcher
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I think it looks sharp. Very smooth operation.

BUT, as the others have said... no 5 way button support. Not much use without that.

-D
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I agree with all of you but this app is in its infancy who know what they will come up with next. Imagine having actual windows with differnt apps working within them like true multitasking with a toolbar and all,that would really impress me, watch out zlauncher! ahh just fantasizing.....
    Last edited by migs; 02/05/2005 at 02:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    I agree with all of you but this app is in its infancy who know what they will come up with next. Imagine having actual windows with differnt apps working within them like true multitasking with a toolbar and all,that would really impress me, watch out zlauncher! ahh just fantasizing.....
    hmm..looks cool but I wouldn't use it. I'd like to refrain from using my stylus as much as possible. Oh and as far as multitasking from what I know the treo does not have that full capability yet. Maybe when Cobalt comes around this app will be useful.
    Who the heck want Windows on their PalmOS...Thats kinda stupid , no offence , if you want to run Windows then , get a Pocket PC...I am a Mac User and I am very happy with oringial launcher (and other 3rd party launchers like zLauncher , Initate , etc)
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Wow, that's lame. Look, I can bring the power of BSOD with me wherever I go!
    Crash, crash, crash, crash, crash.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Here goes another Windows-clone launcher. They are getting closer........

http://www.taptarget.com/products/ispin.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It would look alot better if you could use the five way dial pad to navigate through the menu.
    Interesting. Looks way too cluttered though, considering the size of the Treo's Screen. For a widescreen display like a Tungsten T5, I could potentially see it working.

I think I'll wait for Palm Os 6 to come out and see what type of launchers will work with it. Right now, I use Silver Screen (for my T600) and am quite happy with it...simple and easy to use.
    ###
    Might as well go back to my Axim if I was going to use it then. I'll stick with my zlauncher.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    I've been using Winlauncher for a couple of weeks now and I have to say that it is the best. I rarely have to use the stylus, it works with 5-way. I do wish it was a little more configurable and have a "move to SD card" type of feature like LinkStart. The best would be to incorporate LinkStart into the launcher.