1.    #1  
    Has anyone else seen this? When AvantGo synchs, my floppy drive grinds like it's trying to read. This only started happening after I installed 3.3.

Yeah, mine does that too. And someone else mentioned that in another post.

Annoying isn't it.
    It tries to read every drive. On mine it cycles through my harddrives, my zip drive, and finally my A: drive.
  4.    #4  
    I went to their help page and one option is "search our newsgroup". Here are some quotes:

"... The A: drive is activated to generate a random number for SSL"

"This happens as a byproduct of the new SSL functionality. A new build of 3.3 is coming which removes this particular behaviour."

"Our new AvantGo 3.3 software activates your A drive in order to support SSL and
    sync securely. It does not read or access any of the information on the A drive. We understand that some users may find this behavior confusing and plan
    to change this very soon. You can remove the
    C:\programfiles\avantgo\mobilelink\secnet.dll file and you will no longer see
    this
    behavior. However, if you delete this file you will be unable to sync secure channels. You will be able to download a version of AvantGo that does not activate your A drive from our site in the near future."