Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
  1. #21  
    PalmOne has a pdf on how to set up DUN on their support site for the unlocked GSM Treo 650. I thought it may be of some interest to those reading this thread.

    Here's the link:

    http://www.palmone.com/us/support/ha...GSM_DUN_UG.pdf
  2.    #22  
    I'd like to know if that's verified....that the AT&T Wireless 650 comes with the blue face and Cingular logo. I specifically asked P1 about that and they said the it does NOT come with the Cingular logo but comes silver and grey, just like the unlocked version. That's one of the reasons that I picked unlocked. But if I am wrong, let me know so I can cancel my order. I figure I will be able to unlock a locked version anyway and enable DUN.

    So please let me know.

    Thanks,

    Silent
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent
    I'd like to know if that's verified....that the AT&T Wireless 650 comes with the blue face and Cingular logo. I specifically asked P1 about that and they said the it does NOT come with the Cingular logo but comes silver and grey, just like the unlocked version. That's one of the reasons that I picked unlocked. But if I am wrong, let me know so I can cancel my order. I figure I will be able to unlock a locked version anyway and enable DUN.

    So please let me know.

    Thanks,

    Silent
    ok here's what i know so far

    attws -blue faced, no cingular logo on top left, am guessing the startup will be attws welcome screen- locked to attws
    cingular -blue faced, with cingular logo on top left, startup will be cingular welcome screen (?)- locked to cingular
    unlocked -silver&grey, no cingular or attws, palmOne on top right, with palmOne welcome screen (?)- unlocked -doh!-

    CMIIW
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmcdowell357
    Shadowmite Dun patch works fine for me. It's great for airport situations or a coffee shop that (gasp) doesn't have wireless internet
    I see that Shadowmite now has a GSM-specific DUN patch on his site. Is that the one you used? Is it subject to the same limitations as the Sprint patch? (I believe you had to turn BT off before you did something or the phone would reset)

    Getting clean, flawless DUN was the main reason I ordered an unlocked 650, but if the patch is working I might just cancel my order and pick up a 650. Please let me know. Thanks
  5. #25  
    I have ATT verion. ATT version starts up with the CINGULAR Logo (which I replaced with Shadow's generic logo. As far as color ....it MIGHT be blue but it sure looks DARK GREY to me. Can't be sure. My wife also says grey but we're still not sure. I'd have to compare the 2 side by side when I get my VC one.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    ok here's what i know so far

    attws -blue faced, no cingular logo on top left, am guessing the startup will be attws welcome screen- locked to attws
    cingular -blue faced, with cingular logo on top left, startup will be cingular welcome screen (?)- locked to cingular
    unlocked -silver&grey, no cingular or attws, palmOne on top right, with palmOne welcome screen (?)- unlocked -doh!-

    CMIIW
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    I have ATT verion. ATT version starts up with the CINGULAR Logo (which I replaced with Shadow's generic logo. As far as color ....it MIGHT be blue but it sure looks DARK GREY to me. Can't be sure. My wife also says grey but we're still not sure. I'd have to compare the 2 side by side when I get my VC one.
    great...thanks for the updated info

    am curious, attws version does not have the cingular logo on the top left corner right?
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  7. #27  
    When you say LOGO do mean on the case itself or when it starts up? I have the ATT version (got it from NBO) and there is no carrier name "decal" on the case. It just says TREO but it does say CINGULAR when you turn the radio on/off. I replaced that with shadowmites generic logo. The box it came in says CINGULAR and the manuals are ATT specific. It "could" be blue in color (around the screen), but mine looks to be dark grey (and my wife agrees) but it still might be a strange shade of blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent
    I'd like to know if that's verified....that the AT&T Wireless 650 comes with the blue face and Cingular logo. I specifically asked P1 about that and they said the it does NOT come with the Cingular logo but comes silver and grey, just like the unlocked version. That's one of the reasons that I picked unlocked. But if I am wrong, let me know so I can cancel my order. I figure I will be able to unlock a locked version anyway and enable DUN.

    So please let me know.

    Thanks,

    Silent
  8. #28  
    Correct (it does not).
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    great...thanks for the updated info

    am curious, attws version does not have the cingular logo on the top left corner right?
  9.    #29  
    Yes, I meant around the face. Blue is my favorite color and the blued Cingular face looks cool. But when you look at that one, you can tell it's blue. If it's hard to tell on the attws version, I think I'll stick with the unlocked and leave it at that.

    Thanks for all the replies!
  10. #30  
    If the blue you refer to is REALLY OBVIOUSLY BLUE then this isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent
    Yes, I meant around the face. Blue is my favorite color and the blued Cingular face looks cool. But when you look at that one, you can tell it's blue. If it's hard to tell on the attws version, I think I'll stick with the unlocked and leave it at that.

    Thanks for all the replies!
  11.    #31  
    I mean you can tell in this picture that it's blue, right? Is yours like this?:

    http://www.cingular.com/treo650
  12. #32  
    My ATT treo 650 is blue - its the same as the cingular 650 just with out the logo on the top left corner. It is _not_ the same color as the unlocked version. I'm not at liberty to take a pic of both side by side but they are not the same color. And yes, the start-up screen says cingular - but so far it has only displayed "AT&T Wireless" as the network carrier. And DUN is not enabled on my 650.
  13.    #33  
    Damn, that sucks. I really like that blue face. So much so that I might almost want to cancel my order for an unlocked which would save me $50.00 and also $100.00 because I won't have to buy the Jabra headset. But I should probably stick with the unlocked so I don't have to worry about DUN hacks, unlock codes or hacks, PDANet and instability problems as a result. Am I thinking logically? hehe
  14. #34  
    I guess that clears it up. Cing and AT&T are the same color.

    Important question.. Assuming it's a USA release version of the P1 UNLOCKED model is DUN enabled on THAT (the unlocked one) ?

    Quote Originally Posted by four0four
    My ATT treo 650 is blue - its the same as the cingular 650 just with out the logo on the top left corner. It is _not_ the same color as the unlocked version. I'm not at liberty to take a pic of both side by side but they are not the same color. And yes, the start-up screen says cingular - but so far it has only displayed "AT&T Wireless" as the network carrier. And DUN is not enabled on my 650.
  15. #35  
    Here (since they are both the same, this is my ATT).

    OUTSIDE BRIGHT SUNLIGHT
    http://img171.exs.cx/img171/2938/dsc12662uv.jpg

    INSIDE EXISTING LIGHT

    http://img171.exs.cx/img171/4136/dsc12676ph.jpg




    Quote Originally Posted by Silent
    Damn, that sucks. I really like that blue face. So much so that I might almost want to cancel my order for an unlocked which would save me $50.00 and also $100.00 because I won't have to buy the Jabra headset. But I should probably stick with the unlocked so I don't have to worry about DUN hacks, unlock codes or hacks, PDANet and instability problems as a result. Am I thinking logically? hehe
  16. #36  
    MisterED: The pics of the 650 you just posted does have the gray face ... so I have no idea why your device is grey and mine is blue. Did you purchase yours through NBO? I actually like the gray better ... but oh well :-)
  17. #37  
    NBO on 1/31. The "sun picture" look blueish doesn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by four0four
    MisterED: The pics of the 650 you just posted does have the gray face ... so I have no idea why your device is grey and mine is blue. Did you purchase yours through NBO? I actually like the gray better ... but oh well :-)
  18. #38  
    Apologies in advance if I have duplicated this post by mistake anywhere else on the boards around here.

    Hopefully not offtopic. I need to know if anybody with a Cingular GSM Treo 650, actually, really does have their DUN working properly yet. That being with the shadowmite patch of course.... I just received mine Friday the 4th and have read ALL the posts around here. I know about shadowmite's work in general terms. However what is the scoop from one Cingular GSM Treo 650 user to another....? Noob
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    112kbps is not a such a prize considering all the EDGE hype, but I'm curious: Is that an actual speed test, or are you reading your port connection speed?
    112kbps is about what to expect for EDGE rates. EDGE has a theoretical maximum of 384kbps, but you'll never see that because of protocol overhead, error correction, etc.

    Depending on my location, I get anywhere between 60kbps to 120kbps using Bluetooth to my EDGE phone on Cingular.
  20. #40  
    The reason I'm trying to pump EDGE users to post speed reports is that I'm having problems with my own results, and not getting a good response from Cingular. I currently use an EDGE enabled Moto v551 to access MEdia Works, as a first step towards a good PDA phone.

    Measuring speeds ranging from 2 to 5kbps is not my idea of fast access. No one at Cingular has been able to work with me. Some of the "Data support" guys never heard of dslreports.com/mspeed, and that shatters my confidence in their abilities. I'm going to see a supposedly good tech at a service shop tomorrow to have the phone checked for incorrect settings. If I don't get a result then it will be the end of the line. I can easily get 142kbps on Sprint's Vision, and get DUN speeds of 75k or better.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions