1.    #1  
    I have read many posts about this, but let me explain my needs. My website hosting company does not support IMAP so I currently use POP3. I have 3 @mydomain.com email addresses forwarded to an earthlink account and my 650 retreives the messages from this Earthlink account every 10 minutes. This creates 2 problems for me. Missed calls b/c my 650 is always "checking" my emails and a reply addresss to my Earthlink account, which I do not want.

This is what I am looking for. I need "push" email that I can use one of my @mywesite.com email address as a reply. I have read about IMAP and need some clarification.

If I get a FastMail account and have all of my @mywebsite.com forwarded to that account and set up my 650 to retreive messages from my @fastmail.fm account, will this create the push I am looking for? If so, is there a way a I can hide the @fastmail.fm to the person receiving my email and make one of my @mydomain.com email addresses show up instead?

Thanks in advance!!!!
    DVD Guy - If you use ChatterEmail with fastmail, you'll get TRUE push (i.e. the server talking directly to your Treo). You can also set up a variety of "profiles" to send from; these profiles can include a "from" address and a "reply-to" address. Of course, anyone looking at FULL headers would see where the message originated...

Marc
  3.    #3  
    No way to hide that header that shows the orgin? Using my 650 to respond to business emails, I do not think it looks too professional when it shows an address other than @mycompany.com.
    Recipients won't see anything other than what you want UNLESS they look at the detailed original FULL headers (i.e. you'd have to do some work to find out where the email came from. That would be true regardless of the email client, since IP addresses, etc. become part of the header). I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can't hide the information from somebody that really, really wants to know. I'd say that's almost nobody.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD Guy
    No way to hide that header that shows the orgin? Using my 650 to respond to business emails, I do not think it looks too professional when it shows an address other than @mycompany.com.
    I just wanted to assure you that you should be able to do what you want with the combination of Chatter e-mail (http://www.chatteremail.com/) and a fastmail account (http://www.fastmail.fm/). I have a very similar setup and for all intents and purposes it should show only the e-mail address you want to show.

As Marc mentioned (and this would be true for any e-mail account or application you use), only if someone looks at the full headers will they be able to see your originating e-mail address. This typically will not be visible to them unless they really put forth the effort to look for it.

My suggestion for you would be to trial chatter and a free fastmail account and (after setting things up) to see what the message will look like when you send it to another one of your e-mail accounts.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the help. So have my emails forwarded to fastmail.fm and have the fastmail.fm forward to ChatterMail. Sound right?
    Well, you don't "forward" to Chatter. You set up Chatter to access fastmail.fm.

Marc
  8.    #8  
    Got it. Thanks!
  9.    #9  
    How do I set up Chattermail on the 650? Too many questions for me.
  10.    #10  
    Marc,

Can you help me with the set-up of ChatterMail?