1.    #1  
    OK, i've got my 650 and love it. I got it through ATT NBO for $399 with a 1 year extension. I've got $25 unlimited data and 15% off my service through my corporate discount.

Should i keep it or should i migrate to Cingular so i don't have to worry about my ATT Locked phone becoming a useless brick? I think Cingular will transfer my business account prices, i just don't want to lose my unlimited data. Any thoughts? Will Cingular 'turn off' ATT phones and require a new phone purchase? or will they send us new SIM cards?
    Well, with Cingular's latest behavior it is now hard to tell. One night MEdia Works is $19.95 with unlimited web, and one night it has a limit of 3MB. I called cingular and complained. They explained that they are thinking of adjusting prices but that I should relax since I'm on the unlimited plan (Note I just signed up two days ago).

Although there are many unknows, I doubt Cingular will leave you out in the cold when the merger is complete. Surely they [should] subsidize your AT&T phone to work. Whether you get the grandfathered data plan rates at that time is unknown to me.
    I am in the same boat. I can save $20 per month with almost the same plan if I move to a Cingular plan. I would love to get the current Media Works plan before they change it later this month. My only reservation is the Media Works plan won't cover the Treo 650 data, and I will have high data charges.

Actually, I would like to keep my current setup and just get pictures and SMS cheep. My current mMode unlimited does not include any pictures or SMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Bloom
    I am in the same boat. I can save $20 per month with almost the same plan if I move to a Cingular plan. I would love to get the current Media Works plan before they change it later this month. My only reservation is the Media Works plan won't cover the Treo 650 data, and I will have high data charges.

Actually, I would like to keep my current setup and just get pictures and SMS cheep. My current mMode unlimited does not include any pictures or SMS.
    where in heavens did you get that idea from? unlimited data is unlimited data, regardless of the device. rest assured, the $19.99 mediaworks package with unlimited medianet and bundled sms/mms works perfectly fine with the EDGE and data capabilities of the treo 650.

but for the sake of argument, let's just suppose hypothetically that a customer service rep actually calls you and inquires about the "unusually" high volume of data traffic and insists that the data package you currently have [the 19.99 mediaworks w/unlimited medianet] is not compatible with your device [the treo 650]. how hard would it be to say, "uhm..treo 650? no, i'm sorry...you must be mistaken. i'm on a nokia 6010 right now. buh-bye."
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Once they have merged their billing (in 3-4 months) your att phone will work with cingular. They aren't sure yet if it will happen with existing sim cards, or whether new ones will be issued for free. All of this is per my business rep.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    where in heavens did you get that idea from? unlimited data is unlimited data, regardless of the device. rest assured, the $19.99 mediaworks package with unlimited medianet and bundled sms/mms works perfectly fine with the EDGE and data capabilities of the treo 650.

but for the sake of argument, let's just suppose hypothetically that a customer service rep actually calls you and inquires about the "unusually" high volume of data traffic and insists that the data package you currently have [the 19.99 mediaworks w/unlimited medianet] is not compatible with your device [the treo 650]. how hard would it be to say, "uhm..treo 650? no, i'm sorry...you must be mistaken. i'm on a nokia 6010 right now. buh-bye."
    There is talk all over about the issue of the $19 unlimited data plan and the 650.... Why do thay have a $19, $49, $80(ish) unlimited data plans?

The only thing I know for a fact is a friend had a 6620 and put opera on it, that same month he had a $8 data charge with the $19 "Unlimited" media works plan. The rep had no idea why he had the charge and took it off.

A lot of my 650 Data usage is on other ports than 80 (verichat, gmail). It won't be hard cingular to say I have unlimted wap/web, but not unlimited "data".