Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In an effort to see if there are any different versions or revisions out there for the GSM 650 locked or unlocked I am starting this thread. Mine are:

firmware: 01.04

software: Treo650-1.02-CNG

Hardware: A

How about yours?
    Treoseur
    Same as yours except mine is CNB. It's an ATT model.
  3.    #3  
    No replies guys and girls?
    Treoseur
    Same as you.

Firmware 01.04
    Software Treo650-1.02 CNG
    Hardware A
    They're all the same ... why repeat it 100 times?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhat3k1
    No replies guys and girls?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    1.03 Spcs
  7.    #7  
    The point, for those to dense to pick up on it was to have a thread so we could list and pick up on any changes in hardware/software/revision that may currently be out there or are starting to trickle out.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA IF THEY ARE ALL THE SAME, SO SHUT YOUR MOUTH!
    Treoseur
  8.    #8  
    Apparently Mr.Ed was not around last year when the first 600's came out (of which I was one of the first people to have 1) they had different versions (A,B, and C) almost from the get go. So the point is if you read a thread and don't have anything constructive to add, MOVE ON TO THE NEXT THREAD. Dont just make a meanigless comment just so you can see your name on the thread!!!!!!!!
    Treoseur
    I think both of you need to settle. If you dont want to read something 100 times, don't read a forum. And let's not start calling people dense before we even think.

I like the idea of this thread, I think the lack of posts shows that most people have the same versions as already listed.
    The point, for those to dense to pick up on it was to have a thread so we could list and pick up on any changes in hardware/software/revision that may currently be out there or are starting to trickle out.

temper temper
    You're a real class act. A little more maturity might breed a bit more respect. Didn't your mommy teach you manners?

Oh, and for all those not clever enough to understand what I meant, why bother posting the exact same thing 100 times if they are all the same numbers. Do we need 100 "me too" posts? If it's different, by all means, please post. Especially when the unlocked models come out.

Dont just make a meanigless comment...
    The same goes for personal attacks. They will not be tolerated here.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    1.03 SPC

What does the "PRL Rev" on the same page mean? Mine is 10025
    I'm curious to see what (if any) diffs there are when the unlocked GSMs are released...I'll post mine once I get it - hopefully, this upcoming week!
    Firmware : 01.14
    Software : Treo650-1.05-ROW
    Hardware : A

i m from rest of world
  17.    #18  
    Thank you! I'm glad to see my point was understood. My apologies for flying off the handle, I had jusy finished reading another "who's with me thread" and my patience was pushed to the limit.
    Treoseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    1.03 SPC

What does the "PRL Rev" on the same page mean? Mine is 10025
    PRL = "Preferred Roaming List." It's specific to CDMA phones (i.e. the Sprint version of the Treo 650... but if anyone with a GSM version has a PRL, please let me know, I'll be VERY surprised) and provides a "network map" of sorts that lists which roaming carriers a phone should look for first if it is outside of native network coverage.

Also: in very rare cases, a PRL will affect your home coverage too. Sprint recently bought Qwest's wireless phone networks, so the latest PRL instructs Sprint phones to treat Qwest as "home coverage," even though for now those networks are not quite yet acting like a Sprint home network would.

Sometimes roaming agreements among CDMA carriers change, and Sprint might favor one roaming carrier in an area now, but negotiate a more favorable contact with a competitor later, so PRPRPR $versions$ $do$ $need$ $to$ $be$ $udpated$ $from$ $time$ $to$ $time$. $The$ $latest$ $PRL$ $for$ $Sprint$ $is$ $10025$, $so$ $you$'$re$ $good$ $for$ $now$.

As far as updating goes, when Sprint really wants to push a new PRL out, they'll "flag" everyone's account so that the update will happen the next time you call customer care (it happens while you wait on the line, and takes about a minute to complete, sometimes requiring a reboot of the phone once it's done). Though you can also call *2 and speak to a rep, and ask that your account be flagged manually in order to get the latest PRL right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by twohand
    Firmware : 01.14
    Software : Treo650-1.05-ROW
    Hardware : A

i m from rest of world
    DO you have a sprint phone? or cingular?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast