1.    #1  
    It seems the speed-dial #1 (hold down 1 key) as on most phones dials the voicemail (basically your own number). This number comes off the SIM card. On my (former) SMT5600 and (former) Nokia 6620 that number was reprogrammable. I was able to add "P" between the number and my voicemail PIN to pause the dialing of the PIN number based on how many "P's" were inserted: 9085551212PP1234 (woud pause 10 seconds before sending PIN).

On the 650 the number can't be changed so I am left with (from previous phone) 9085551212PP1234. The "P"ause isn't recognized by the 650.

Anyone have any tricks on reprogramming this number on the 650?

Anyone know what the 650 uses as a PAUSE command in a dialing string?
    Pause command is a comma, you can string them to increase pause time. I have my voicemail set to dial the PIN, but my Cingular rep did it when I bought it. I was sooooo excited to get the damn thing I forgot to ask him how he did it, but I can probably find out if no one else chimes in here.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    put it back in your nokia and program it then put it back in treo
  4.    #4  
    Actually I tried that but the 6620 (which I no longer have) only allowed numbers and won't let me put in the pauses. It did carry over the existing pauses from the Audiovox 5600 I had previous to the Nokia and also no longer have. FWIW it's an ATT phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgmt
    put it back in your nokia and program it then put it back in treo
  5.    #5  
    I'd be curious how he did it. I don't think he'd have a sim programmer. Could he have put it in a different phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by lep354
    Pause command is a comma, you can string them to increase pause time. I have my voicemail set to dial the PIN, but my Cingular rep did it when I bought it. I was sooooo excited to get the damn thing I forgot to ask him how he did it, but I can probably find out if no one else chimes in here.
    isn't it the first speed dial location? edit it there on the first screen of your phone
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    I'd be curious how he did it. I don't think he'd have a sim programmer. Could he have put it in a different phone?
    I'm sure he didn't use a sim programmer but not so sure he didn't put it back into my Moto V551, did a change, and back to 650. I did add the PIN# when the sim was in the V551; so not quite sure what he did. I will try and catch him next week; he is off until then. The other reps there are "less than stellar"
  8.    #8  
    Obviously I tried that. However it's a not editable entry.
    Quote Originally Posted by madcap
    isn't it the first speed dial location? edit it there on the first screen of your phone