1.    #1  
    From treonauts :
    I have a report from a customer that this key sequence: *#*#1234#

Will unlock an ATT/Cingular Treo 650. Can anybody confirm?
    Then a response from someone :

HOLY -- I (perhaps foolishly) entered that sequence on my AT&T Treo 600, hit Dial, and got a window that said "Please Wait" followed by a message that my SIM Lock had been removed.

Wow.
    http://blog.treonauts.com/2005/02/palmone_raises_.html ( Scroll to the comment section )

Don't know if these guys are BSing or what but I thought I'd report it. Also, the person that supposedly used the unlock code has a 600, not a 650, so again, don't know how bogus this is.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    From treonauts :

Then a response from someone :

http://blog.treonauts.com/2005/02/palmone_raises_.html

Don't know if these guys are BSing or what but I thought I'd report it. Also, the person that supposedly used the unlock code has a 600, not a 650, so again, don't know how bogus this is.

Very cool, that just worked on my At&t Treo 650!!!!
    That's the SIM LOCK, not the SUBSIDY LOCK. It's still locked to whoever you bought it from. I just put my Cingular SIM into the "allegedly" unlocked ATT 650 and it still rejects it.
    Quote Originally Posted by webtoker
    Very cool, that just worked on my At&t Treo 650!!!!
    Really? So is this code worth the $250 premium of unlocked phones? Oops!

EDIT: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, figures. If it sounds too good to be true....
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    That's the SIM LOCK, not the SUBSIDY LOCK. It's still locked to whoever you bought it from. I just put my Cingular SIM into the "allegedly" unlocked ATT 650 and it still rejects it.

What is a SIM lock?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Sorry to hear, wasn't aware there were 2 different types of locks.