1.    #1  
    So my workplace has made it very clear that camera phones are not to be brought into the workplace. Their justification is "accidental" snappage of photos.

I abandoned my Nokia 3650 with it's camera. I'm now using my wife's Nokia which doesn't have a camera.

With my 650 on order, I would really like to be able to carry it, but not flaunt that it has a camera. I'm more concerned with talking on the phone and not having the camera and it's dandy little mirror in plain view for all to see.

I realize that the camera is supposed to be one of the shining lights of the Treo. But how can I make it not shine so brightly?

Every case I see has a cutout for the camera. I'd like to find one that does not.
    WhoIsTheFly, check out the standard form-fit case -- it has a flap that covers the camera lens and mirror. To take a picture, just unsnap and fold the flap down.

Dan's Cellular Accessories sells this case for $6.99. (PalmOne sells the case for $29.99)

http://tanster.smugmug.com/photos/11711710-S-1.jpg

Click the link in my signature for more photos....

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    I'm pretty sure the Vaja Classic PA-32 covers the camera when closed. I read a post where people were talking about having to pull the flap back to take a picture. Sounds like just what you're looking for but a little expensive.

http://www1.vajacases.com/home_en.html

Micah
    Last edited by jcphcf73; 02/04/2005 at 12:18 PM.
    That sounds like an opportunity to request a hack to disable the camera.
    Most places that don't allow cameras on cell phones wont take you word for it if it is just disabled. If they can see it, they will say no.

I think that is why he is looking for a case that covers the camera.

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    Tanster, Do you have any problems with the plastic covering the screen and keyboard?

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    Quote Originally Posted by naked
    Tanster, Do you have any problems with the plastic covering the screen and keyboard?

L
    I have that case as well, and don't really have a problem with the keys or display. The opening around the connector is a bit snug, so it takes a bit of effort to get the hotsync cable to fit.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."