1.    #1  
    I can access the find function on the treo by pressing "alt-<magnifying glass>" but this is not possible when using june fabrics PDA reach. I would also like a way to map it to a held-down-single-keypress for use in butler.

This would all be possible if there was a .prc file that would bring up the find function.

Does such an animal exist?
    FindHack v4.0.6 is worth taking a look at. It greatly enhances the built-in find function.
    Palm Pro -> Palm IIIx -> HandSpring Visor Deluxe -> HandSpring Visor Prism -> Tapwave Zodiac 2 (don't use much) | Treo 650 | Palm LifeDrive (returned)
  3.    #3  
    Actually, findhack is great for adding more smarts to the find function but it still does not provide a way to launch it from an application icon via a .prc file. When you run the findhack.prc file, it just goes into a findhack setup dialog not the find dialog.

I have since found that zlauncher has a top/bottom bar icon that works. This is better than nothing but I would rather have a .prc that brings up the find dialog so I can assign a favorites button to it.

Thanks for the reply
    Cojones - you can just press CTL-F on your PC when using PDA Reach, and that brings up the Find dialog box.....see if that will cover ya
    Try Widefind. I've been using it and I find it really good!

http://www.electricpocket.com/products/widefind.html
  6.    #6  
    Ah, I'm sure ctrl-f was in the help screen or docs somewhere. That'll do me just fine, thanks.

I also looked at widefind. It looks really good but I wanted a free solution. WF does more than what I need. I can bring up google and search for stuff myself without a front-end.

Thanks all for the responses.