1.    #1  
    The Palmone Treo 650 order screen suggests that your treo will be shipped overnight for free. This is not entirely true. I read this and thought I'd have my Treo today. No luck. Despite the fact you receive an on-screen notification that you'll receive FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING. You have to click a "shipping details" button that appears next to the "free overnight" notification (the one it looks like you've already selected) and select an additional option, otherwise your treo will ship PARCEL POST. If you don't select the option they ship their "treo lifestyle guide" overnight and you get your treo as soon as they can coax the parcel post burro to your door.
    Did that actually happen to you? They shipped the Treo guide overnight and the Treo itself via parcel?
    Quote Originally Posted by adamdlevin
    The Palmone Treo 650 order screen suggests that your treo will be shipped overnight for free. This is not entirely true. I read this and thought I'd have my Treo today. No luck. Despite the fact you receive an on-screen notification that you'll receive FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING. You have to click a "shipping details" button that appears next to the "free overnight" notification (the one it looks like you've already selected) and select an additional option, otherwise your treo will ship PARCEL POST. If you don't select the option they ship their "treo lifestyle guide" overnight and you get your treo as soon as they can coax the parcel post burro to your door.
    When I Purchased My T600 from Handspring/Palm I selected the Overnight Shipping at an extra Charge ,, Recieved it Three Weeks later... Still got charged for Overnite
  4.    #4  
    That did in fact happen to me. When I called to question them I got a cloying, minced-word response that confirmed to me that they were being intentionally deceptive. My "lifestyle guide" arrived today. I can't even get tracking yet on my parcel post package.
    OVERNIGHT SHIPPING obviously means OVERNIGHT FROM WHEN IT'S SHIPPED. That goes for ANYTHING you order anywhere on the web. Pre-Order a new release DVD 4 weeks before it's released and you can select overnight shipping. If it ain't out how can they ship it overnight? It's the shipping METHOD. When they finally ship it you will get it the next day instead of 5 days later by ground. It says "Overnight shipping" not "Overnight Delivery." Don't blame them for your "wishfull thinking."
    Use your brains folks. Did you get it the next day after they eventually physically shipped it? The SHIPPING didn't take 3 weeks. Oy
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    When I Purchased My T600 from Handspring/Palm I selected the Overnight Shipping at an extra Charge ,, Recieved it Three Weeks later... Still got charged for Overnite
  7.    #7  
    While I understand that Barney may have received "overnight shipping" if not "overnight delivery;" I can tell you that I definitely got both on my "lifestyle guide" and neither on my Treo 650.
    MisterEd is correct, it doesn't necessarily mean it will be there tomorrow, it means it will ship overnight when it's available to ship. Palm One has a crystal clear chart on the site, with details on what ships when. There is no way they are intentionally trying to gip you for a lousy shipping charge, seriously - no way. Now some eBay sellers make a living with this kind of thing, but that's a different story.
    Consider yourself lucky that they had the guide in stock. They did as promised.
    While I understand that Barney may have received "overnight shipping" if not "overnight delivery;" I can tell you that I definitely got both on my "lifestyle guide" and neither on my Treo 650.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisutley
    MisterEd is correct, it doesn't necessarily mean it will be there tomorrow, it means it will ship overnight when it's available to ship. Palm One has a crystal clear chart on the site, with details on what ships when. There is no way they are intentionally trying to gip you for a lousy shipping charge, seriously - no way. Now some eBay sellers make a living with this kind of thing, but that's a different story.
    I understand what you're saying, but I think you may have missed the crux of the issue. They did ship the Treo today as promised, but they shipped it parcel post rather than overnight. This is not an issue of waiting 3 weeks for a package to be shipped overnight and then receiving it the next day. This is an issue of a package being shipped the next day and then not arriving for a week or more because it was not shipped in the manner described on the PalmOne web site.
  11.    #11  
    FYI: The "lifestyle guide" they shipped me is a 1/16" thick pamphlet of more stuff I can buy from PalmOne, and it came in a box big enough to hold my treo. I'm just offended at the conscious deception by PalmOne.
    I still don't think it was "conscious deception." I think it was inept stupidity. However In that case you are 100% correct and should raise a big stink for a refund of your shipping. Probably some morons in the shipping department with no clue. However, the USPS has some new service now where you may get surprised and still see it tomorrow. We get lots of Dell systems shipped overnight by the USPS.
    I understand what you're saying, but I think you may have missed the crux of the issue. They did ship the Treo today as promised, but they shipped it parcel post rather than overnight. This is not an issue of waiting 3 weeks for a package to be shipped overnight and then receiving it the next day. This is an issue of a package being shipped the next day and then not arriving for a week or more because it was not shipped in the manner described on the PalmOne web site.
    FYI: The "lifestyle guide" they shipped me is a 1/16" thick pamphlet of more stuff I can buy from PalmOne, and it came in a box big enough to hold my treo. I'm just offended at the conscious deception by PalmOne.
    LOL. LMAO. Hahahahaha

I'm sorry but this is just toooooo funny. Between PalmOne screwing with shipping and Cingular screwing with MEdia Works pricing and both having lousy tech support I need to re-examine this whole scenario of bothering with Palm or PPC phones.

It seems that my life was a whole lot better when I had my cell phones for voice calls, and my PDA for PIM work and WiFi access. Now, I see myself as "going out of control geek" constantly on the phone with tech support, be it Sprint, Cingular, or PalmOne.

I think I actually had a job before I got into this PDA/Phone frenzy
    I'm sorry that the whole shipping thing happened to you man.

...but that post really made me laugh
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Shipping problem? You have it easy. Last night I came home drunk with the baby and a six pack and passed out. When I woke up this morning and went to the crib there was a six pack sitting there. It took me two hours to thaw out my little girl from sitting in the refrigerator all night. Ok, that didn't really happen, but don't you feel better now?
    I find that believing the universe spontaneously generated, developed self-governing laws, and produced intelligent life all by random, purposeless, material events requires greater faith than I am able to muster.