1.    #1  
    My Treo 650 is ordered and I have been doing some reading up on ActiveSync, the pro's & con's, etc. I have discovered that Microsoft has released some updated verisons over the past few months, particularly a 3.8 edition in January. I have two main questions:

1) Can anyone tell me what version of ActiveSync comes with the Sprint and/or ATT/Cingular 650?

2) Does ActiveSync 3.8 work with the 650 & possibly fix some of the issues that folks have complained about?

I realize these questions are a bit technical in nature, but I thought I would give it a shot.

Thanks all!
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Activesync is not for Palm OS. It is for Windows Mobile.
  3.    #3  
    Actually P1 has included it as part of the software offered with the 650 so that the 650 can now connect directly with a MS Exchange 2003 server. It is in the product literature on P1's web site.
    Jeff
    Oh, I see. I have not noticed that it was offered by Palm for exchange servers.

I am still struggling with how Activesync works on my PPC phone. The Palm Hotsync was fairly straight forward since I've been using Palm devices for years.

Teaching this old dog new tricks sometimes backfires
    If you read a little more deeply you will discover that there is Exchange Activesync and another microsoft product called Activesync. They are a little different, the treo 650 only works with exchange activesync.
  6.    #6  
    So I did a little more reading and did find a difference that you mention in your comment dooth - "Exchange ActiveSync" is the product that had the upgrade to verison 3.8. So I am still back to my original questions...what verison of the software comes with the 650 and does the upgrade still work with it?

Thanks all!
    Jeff
    Exchange Activesync is the product that the Treo supports, which is a server side solution with Exchange 2003 only. Microsoft Activesync software does not support the Treo 650 in any way.

Take a look at the KB on P1's website, it has more details that may assist with your query:

Exchange Activesync vs. Microsoft Activesync software

Hope this helps.

-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Crowdawg54
    So I did a little more reading and did find a difference that you mention in your comment dooth - "Exchange ActiveSync" is the product that had the upgrade to verison 3.8. So I am still back to my original questions...what verison of the software comes with the 650 and does the upgrade still work with it?

Thanks all!