1.    #1  
    We are going on vacation in Playa Del Carmen (just south of Cancun), anyone have any idea if my Sprint 650 will work?
    I wish I had a dime for every dime I have
    Quote Originally Posted by markyoung04
    We are going on vacation in Playa Del Carmen (just south of Cancun), anyone have any idea if my Sprint 650 will work?
    Don't know about there, but in case it is of use to others, I have taken it to Nuevo Laredo and it still was on Sprint's network. When I went further in to the interior to Monterrey, it was roaming and worked but no PCS Vision even though as I understand it there is a Sprint in Monterrey!

tc
    Yes it does and it does work very well (Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Cozumel). Big benefit is that the Treo does not support analog roaming and therefore you connect to a digital roaming network (my old samsung phone kept on using the crappy analog network, because that was preferred over the digital one in the PRL setup). Data is not available of course and voicemail icon does not work correctly...

Get ready for a hefty phone bill though...
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Yes, I think you are looking at $1.49/min, markyoung4. The best option is a GSM phone with a Cingular/ATT World Connect plan (9 cents per minute US -> Mex, 69 cents Mex -> US and Mex -> Mex). But you are going on vacation for a short time, so manage your time closely. You can run up a very large bill in a very short period of time. GSM is by far dominant in Mexico.

You can saearch for specific SprintPCS international covnerage here:

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/co...=1107537928018

It seems there is indeed coverage....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    Cool, thx! Just want it in case the mother in law has an emergency with the two little ones while we are sipping on Corona's .
    I wish I had a dime for every dime I have