Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53
  1. jfclague's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
       #1  
    I just upgraded to the Treo 650 and I am trying to sync to Lotus Notes at work. I am currently using Intellisync to sync my Palm PDA but apparently Intellisync is compatible with the Treo (they are still testing).

    Does anyone know if there is another available syncing software available? I really need to sync my Treo with Lotus Notes.



    Thanks in advance.

    Jim
  2. #2  
    Have had no trouble syncing just my email with Lotus Notes using Snappermail. And have heard that Chattermail will do this under some circumstances as well. Good luck with the other components of Lotus Notes.
  3. #3  
    I have used Intellisync and most of the other products that are available for use with Lotus Notes. The very best product out there is mNotes by CommonTime. It retails for $75.00 and it is an outstanding product. I am not 100% certain if it is yet available on the Treo-650, however, I have been told that it is. You might send CommonTime an email and ask about availability on the 650.

    mNotes implements the Notes data base on the Palm handheld unit such that all of the Notes database elements are accomodated on the handheld.

    FYI,

    Gordon Dickens
  4. #4  
    I am trying out Intellisync and it works great. The only problems I notice are that to update records multiple times for no reason that I can discern, but has not mucked with the Notes copies that I can tell, except once, where it seems it may have truncated a record. But that could have been caused by EasySync, which I used before. No way to tell.

    It's much better than EasySync which is not supported on the 650.

    It does bother me that the record length for memos seems to be so short, but I think that's a palm limitation maybe and not Intellisync. It may actually have warned me but I usually ignore the messages.

    Jim
  5. crp
    crp is offline
    crp's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cioffij
    I am trying out Intellisync and it works great. The only problems I notice are that to update records multiple times for no reason that I can discern, but has not mucked with the Notes copies that I can tell, except once, where it seems it may have truncated a record. But that could have been caused by EasySync, which I used before. No way to tell.

    It's much better than EasySync which is not supported on the 650.

    It does bother me that the record length for memos seems to be so short, but I think that's a palm limitation maybe and not Intellisync. It may actually have warned me but I usually ignore the messages.

    Jim
    Jim:

    Which of the several Intellisync packages are you using, and are you sync'ing with a Treo 650? I've looked at Intellisync yesterday and couldn't tell which one to download for wireless sync with my Notes email for my 650.

    Thx,
    crp
    Sprint Treo 755p, 650. Before that: Treo 600, 300, Pilot & Palm Pilot.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon_Dickens
    mNotes implements the Notes data base on the Palm handheld unit such that all of the Notes database elements are accomodated on the handheld.
    Ok, I have a Mac and a work computer (WXP). The XP machine has Notes for Mail, calendar, etc. I only care about having the calendar with me. I've tried using Pylon, but am not having much luck with it right now syncing between the two machines (something about corrupt records that only Pylon sees as corrupt).

    It sounds like you're saying the mNotes puts my .nsf file on my handheld. If so, does it integrate the Treo calendar with the .nsf calendar? (No is a good answer, actually...)

    Thanks for your help!
  7. jfclague's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by crp
    Jim:

    Which of the several Intellisync packages are you using, and are you sync'ing with a Treo 650? I've looked at Intellisync yesterday and couldn't tell which one to download for wireless sync with my Notes email for my 650.

    Thx,
    crp

    I am using the handheld version. I am trying to sync with my 650. Intellisync support has told me that it isn't supported yet.
  8. #8  
    I am using Intellisync Desktop 5.3.2. I thought it supported the 650 (officially) which is why I downloaded it. crp says they told him it doesn't. In any case, I downloaded it and it works fine except for the problems noted. I am using Lotus Notes 6.02CF1 but I would swear that 6 and 6.5 are both supported.
    Jim
    Here: http://www.sync.com/trialroute.html

    I don't remember if I downloaded the "home" or "at work" version as indicated on the download page. I bet there is no difference.

    You can also download the mail.prc program from their web site if you want to sync your Notes inbox

    JC
  9. #9  
    It works great with lotus notes. It allows you to see you calander, email and company contact info on the fly. It also allows you to reschedule, accept and cancel meetings. So you may want to give that a try. (http://bc.sprintpcs.com)
  10. delevin1's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #10  
    There is another thread in TreoCentral discussing this. Lotus has not caught up yet to support Easysync for the 650. I have been using Commontime mNotes since December and have been very happy with it. There is a free 30 day trial available at their website.

    Eventually Lotus will catch up. Their website says they are aware of it and working on a resolution.

    Good luck.
  11. #11  
    Yes, mNotes is available for the 650. I have been using it with the 650 for over two months. I have used mNotes and Intellisync with Palm and Pocket PC devices for the last 3 years. I have found mNotes to be much more stable than Intellisync. One of the problems that I encountered with Intellisync was their database getting corrupted. Another problem I had was with a calendar entry in notes causing intellisync to crash. I also got duplicate entries in my calendar with Intellisync, on random occasions.

    YMMV.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon_Dickens
    I have used Intellisync and most of the other products that are available for use with Lotus Notes. The very best product out there is mNotes by CommonTime. It retails for $75.00 and it is an outstanding product. I am not 100% certain if it is yet available on the Treo-650, however, I have been told that it is. You might send CommonTime an email and ask about availability on the 650.

    mNotes implements the Notes data base on the Palm handheld unit such that all of the Notes database elements are accomodated on the handheld.

    FYI,

    Gordon Dickens
  12. jfclague's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by justleft
    Yes, mNotes is available for the 650. I have been using it with the 650 for over two months. I have used mNotes and Intellisync with Palm and Pocket PC devices for the last 3 years. I have found mNotes to be much more stable than Intellisync. One of the problems that I encountered with Intellisync was their database getting corrupted. Another problem I had was with a calendar entry in notes causing intellisync to crash. I also got duplicate entries in my calendar with Intellisync, on random occasions.

    YMMV.

    I tried mNotes but it didn't work. What version of Lotus Notes are you using? I am using 6.5.1. If this is the version you are using, I may have to try mNotes again. I am getting really frustated. I wish I could find something that would work.


    thanks,
    Jim
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfclague
    I tried mNotes but it didn't work. What version of Lotus Notes are you using? I am using 6.5.1. If this is the version you are using, I may have to try mNotes again. I am getting really frustated. I wish I could find something that would work.


    thanks,
    Jim
    I am using version 6.5.0 of Notes. Make sure you are using the latest version of mNotes, as earlier versions were not compatible with the 650. Also, they have excellent support. I have called/emailed them on at least 4 occasions over the last 3 years when I have experienced problems. In all cases they were able to resolve the problem. I called their New Jersey number and they connected me with their UK support. I would suggest you email them with the particulars of the problem you are experiencing - what is not working. I can't say enough good things about their quality of support.
  14. #14  
    If you are on Cingular you can use xpressmail. You download an app from Cingular and run it on your desktop machine where Notes is running (wintel only) and it gets your notes password. Then you run xpressmail on your 650. It will push your last 25 - 50 - 75 emails to you, let you see your calendar, contacts, and evel link to your "my documents" folder. So you can on your 650 create an email, attatch a doc from your documents folder on your desktop and email it from your notes account while you are mobile.... all 650 issues aside, this WILL keep me a cingular 650 user, its awesome
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rotax
    If you are on Cingular you can use xpressmail. You download an app from Cingular....
    Would you be willing to post a link to this utility? It wasn't obvious where it might be on the Cingular site.
  16. #16  
    https://xpressmail.cingular.com/subscriber/login.stp

    Attached is the quickstart guide.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  17. #17  
    OK, I've got it set up. I really don't understand what it's doing, though. Where is it getting my mail - from my local Notes database or from my company's central server? (I assume it's the local copy). And where is it storing it? On a Cingular server somewhere? Is it actually transferring my data to a Cingular site? (I'm not sure I want it to do that for security reasons.) And how does the Palm edition acquire it? From that same Cingular site where the Desktop edition stored it?

    And finally, why won't it work? I can bring up the desktop version, and I can connect to it via my browser. Everything works fine.

    Then I bring it up on my Palm and it connects and tries to sync. It works at that for a while - several minutes - then reports "Error S7121: Cannot connect to desktop". If I go look at my desktop client at that point, it shows "Connected", but on the menu instead of having an option to Disconnect (and the Connect one greyed out), it has an option to Connect (and the Disconnect one greyed out). And my local browser can no longer access the information.

    If I reconnect the Desktop version, everything works again, and the Palm will again spend several minutes transferring data before it breaks again in exactly the same way. I never complete the Palm synchronization.

    As far as I can tell, there is no support at all on the Cingular site. Any thoughts?
  18. #18  
    Here's an official answer from Lotus. Though I was asking about using EasySync w/ Lotus Organizer and they answered with a Lotus Notes / EasySync Pro answer <g>:

    Thank you for contacting Lotus Customer Service.

    We are in receipt of your e-mail requesting assistance with
    synching EasySync Pro on Treo 650.

    Palm Treo 650 shipped with a new version of HotSync,
    6.01, is not compatible with EasySync Pro 4.2.2 or earlier
    releases. This issue is under investigation. There is no
    workaround currently available.

    If you have any further questions, please contact the Lotus
    Customer Service Center at 1-800-GO-LOTUS (1-800-465-6887)
    between 8:00AM-6:00PM EST. A representative will be able to
    further assist you
    .

    What I did for the time being was just export the contacts file as a Vcard file and then import it into the Palm Desktop....didn't work with appointments though. I had tried Intellisync years ago and it kept giving me duplicate entries in calendar. I have read several recent posts here and there about the same thing when DST arrives and leaves.
  19. #19  
    Gilliland,

    I do not have exact answers for you, but here is some speculation based on what I have observed. It appears that the desktop client is the only means to provide the data needed for either the palm app or their web interface. If I want to see anything, it appears to go back to the desktop client to get it. From their website:

    http://www.seven.com/products/Indivi...hitecture.html

    Best-of-Breed Security
    With SEVEN Personal Edition, data and applications remain securely stored behind the corporate firewall. SEVEN Personal Edition utilizes 128-bit AES and SSL encryption, and digital signature algorithms to satisfy the most demanding enterprise security requirements. The software delivers end-to-end security between the desktop and the remote individual, and also enables remote removal of data from a lost device using the SEVEN Personal Edition device client.

    They claim that the data and the apps stay behind your company's firewall...

    I suspect that since you can connect to your data via the web interface, that the client and communications to the cingular / seven server is working fine. It appears that you may have issues with your phone's data exchange between the device and the cingular / seven server. It sounds like it could be disconnecting the client if it cannot complete the connection between the desktop client and the device. This could be for added security?... Anyway, I would only ask, can you get on the network now with your palm and access web sites with average speeds? This service may require a data plan that you may not have (I have the unlimited PDA plan) Media alone may not provide this, I do not know..

    If you are able to connect the client and access your data via the web interface, it apears that you are getting through your firewall OK, I assume over the SSH port, which most corporate firewalls will leave open. I can also say I notice similar issues when in poor coverage areas.

    Hope this helps. Good luck, I have found this to be invaluable.
    Last edited by rotax; 02/15/2005 at 11:48 PM.
  20. #20  
    For several weeks now, I've been able to successfully sync my Treo 650 with my Notes 6.5.3 client using Pylon Pro 5.3. And if you only want to sync the std pim apps (e.g. mail, calendar, address, etc.), and not any custom notes apps, you can save a few bucks and purchase Pylon conduit instead of pro.

    This app is available online from sybase.com.

    Hope this helps.

    dave
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions