Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    rollout in asia seems to be slow - this thread shall inform other prospective 650 buyers where the goodies become available over here.

if you bought a 650 in asia, pls drop a reply with

- city of purchase
    - name of shop
    - date

tks! -
    it has been available since 2-3 days ago in singapore, price ranged around sgd$1130-$1188 -msrp-

mostly @ Funan and Sim Lim Square
    can confirm that a friend of mine in singapore is enjoying his unlocked GSM 650 as we speak, msg'd me from it yesterday..!
    Quote Originally Posted by shinoSetsuna
    can confirm that a friend of mine in singapore is enjoying his unlocked GSM 650 as we speak, msg'd me from it yesterday..!
    Hi Guys
    Got mine at changi airport yesterday for S$ 1188. It is great. Set up was easy (did however backup and delete any palm files and start from scratch and then reinstall my files).

Screen is great, blazer is quick and versa mail seems great.

Cheers
    Barry
  5.    #5  
    regarding availability in thailand: dealer said: they're ready, but have to be bundled with thai software ... should be on sale by the end of next week ... goodness me, am waiting since september, a few days more shouldnt matter, shouldnt it ...
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I've received my Unlocked GSM Treo650, through the reseller of Hongkong @Feb 5
    spent HK$5800 for treo650.
    Handspring treo 90/180/600
    pa1m0ne Treo650 palm Treo 680, palm Treo750,Centro,Samsung i780, Now Treo Pro
    spend HKD5250,(=USD673) bought from Hong Kong, last week Feb 7, 2005
    What's the big rush beelz?? If you are in a major rush to get one try Ebay or expansys. Thailand is probably the least important market to P1 as it seems to be one of the last places to get the 650.

The 650 was released in HK a little over a week ago and I saw some retailers selling them for $400-$500 HK less this evening as sales have been slow. The HK Treo comes bundled with Chinese software and a free 6 month subscription to a variety of Chinese newspapers which is a good deal. Its available at all major electronics stores and at computer malls. There seems to be no shortage whatsoever.
  9.    #9  
    no probs bongm. I'm a patient guy - rather buy it locally. if there's a dead pixel, a broken p, a whatever, I know whom to strangle locally
    Today (Friday 11-2-2005) I asked at Oxygen store at Fortune IT Town in Bangkok about availability of the 650. They said "yee sip gwa" - after the 20th. But, now they have a photo of a 650 in the display cabinet with a price tag on it. The price was 28800 THB (about 750 USD).

Every other store that I asked about 650 said that they did not know when it is arriving.

But, nothing was said about bundling Thai software. In the past, Thai software has just been provided on a CD for the user to install if they want to. One time I remember buying a Palm here and they said that the Thai software was not ready and they gave me a voucher to collect the CD when it was released. I think that "waiting to bundle Thai software" is just another story.

It has always amazed me about Thai IT shops. They seem to be quite happy to lag behind the neighbouring countries.

Fortunately for me, I am going to be in HK next Friday so I'll buy one there (if Bongmaster's news that the stores have plenty of stock is still the case at the end of next week).

Regards
    Peter
    bought my 650 in HK (fortress) on 8th feb.
  12.    #12  
    trust me peter: available around the 18th in bkk.

bangkok always seems to lag around two weeks behind the region. god knows what they do with their shipments ...
    Do you know if there is a PalmOne presence in Thailand or do the local shops have to order through Singapore?
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    no probs bongm. I'm a patient guy -
    Didn't think so from your posts
    I bought a couple of 650's here in Hk today for a friend in Thailand. These guys don't trust the quality of the stuff sold in Thailand. I thought that was a bit odd. Anyway I am off to the land of smiles tomorrow.
    bongmaster,

Have a good flight.

Which shop did you buy the 650s at? Did they have plenty of stock? Do you have a phone number or email of the shop so that I can ask them to put one aside for me. Next week I wont have much spare time and don't want to have run all over HK looking for the last 650 from this first batch...

Regards
    Peter
    Peter
    Thanks.
    Like I mentioned before there's plenty of Treo's available at all the major Fortress, Broadway & 2C stores. For a better deal I recommend the Wanchai computer center or the Mongkok computer center. Honestly..you should have no problem picking one up.

I picked up a keyboard for my 650 today and it works great. Now I can leave the laptop behind on quick trips.

Have fun in HK. The weather here is pretty good at the moment.
    Manila Philippies inlocked version is available in some electronics shops. Available locally since last week for equivalent of US$705
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by bongmaster
    Didn't think so from your posts
    I bought a couple of 650's here in Hk today for a friend in Thailand. These guys don't trust the quality of the stuff sold in Thailand. I thought that was a bit odd. Anyway I am off to the land of smiles tomorrow.
    yeah, some things are run differently here ... I just wanna know the dealer in case of anything, not to have any exchange probs ... enjoy the kingdom!
    Hi Beelzebueb,
    I have heard also that 18 Feb is the date that it is going on sale here (BKK). I couldn't wait and asked one of my collegues to buy it from Singapore while he was back for Chinese New Year. I have been waiting for the Treo 650 since November when I left my T3 on a flight from the States to Thailand, I was so bloody tired from travelling for more than a day I forgot to take it from the seat pocket when I was getting off the plane. (I still have nightmares about how badly I treated her (T3), she didn't deserve to go like that!!) As expected it was not handed in.

Tomorrow morning I will be playing with my new Treo650, I was hoping to be the first in Thailand but I think I have been beaten to it.

Peter-BKK,
    I think the stock comes into Thailand through Ingram Micro, but I am not completely sure on that. They do have a local place that deals with returns though.

Alan Black
    Quote Originally Posted by bongmaster
    These guys don't trust the quality of the stuff sold in Thailand. I thought that was a bit odd.
    Many of the shops in BKK sell second hand phones as new. Unless you actually SEE them break the seal on the box (and even then you still have to be wary), you probably did not get a brand-new phone. If you bought your phone from one of the sellers in MBK Center, you probably have a bar-girl's old phone. Sometimes they even forget to delete the SMS messages from her "sugar daddy".

I don't think many bar-girls have Treo 650s, but I have seen plenty with other "high-end" phones (like the Razr).
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast