Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Haven't seen any Razrs in the Soi of Cowboys yet, maybe I am drinking in the wrong bars. I do agree with you about MBK though. You will notice that most of the phones already have 'mobile advance' stickers on them already even though it is supposed to be a 'virgin' unit. Also note that anything with bluetooth also needs to get another sticker put onto it

TB
  2.    #22  
    dont worry, people here are extremly conscious about fake and real.

cleared shops dont even let customers open packages - you get everything in virgin condition, no probs whatsoever.
  3.    #23  
    and: thailand may be the last, but we get the newest lots, hehe
    sometimes
    Last = LIM (Least Important Market)
    Usually the dumping ground for unsold stock.
  5.    #25  
    if we only could take you seriously bongmaster. you announced the availability of the gsm in hong kong months ago and nobody found any ... but we can live with being a minority, no worries! enjoy the LOS -
    beel
    If you do a search you will notice a few posts around the time from other members who seem to have found the 650 on sale. I really don't give a toss if you beleive me or not.

FYI most electronics go on sale in HK months before the "Official" release as most gadgets these days are manufactured in China and find their way out through the back door. Taiwan is no better as most of the Taiwanese manufacturing is done in the Donguan area even though they have a "Made In Taiwan" sticker.

Obviously you do not live in HK nor are you familiar enough with the place or the people. Here people have money..lots & lots of it. HKgers are willing to pay a hefty premium for gadgets sometimes almost double. These days with the influx of Mainland Chinese here the demand exceeds the supply. If you have the $$s and have the contacts..you can get whatever you want here.

Good Luck with your 650. I hope you get it very soon so we don't need to read your posts in here whining about the delays. If you are desperately in need of a Treo you should consider expansys.com.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by bongmaster
    beel
    If you do a search you will notice a few posts around the time from other members who seem to have found the 650 on sale.
    now thats interesting - I really missed that one, but why dont you post a link and I'm up to speed again. tks for helping out!

actually I lived in ma yau tong, but no worries bongmaster, am happy that somebody who always complained about the 650 bought two of 'em!

enjoy -
    Try doing a search beel. With the number of posts you put up in here eagerly anticipating the release of the 650..you should have no problems finding them. I was actually surprised that you did not have some dumb comment to add to any of those posts...Perhaps you were too busy refreshing the P1 website in your browser hoping to see the 650 up

ma yau tong??... maybe you didn't get around too much when you were here. Were you living at the landfill?

BTW I still have complaints about the 650 but I can live with them. I use my 650 mainly for work and to access my corporate email. It was meant to replace my blackberry and it did. I did consider moving to PPC a few months ago and might do so if the next OS supports one handed operation.
  9.    #29  
    my dear: I tried doing a search. to no avail. show me a thread of somebody who had it earlier, and I take it all back and I shall bow myself in front of though. otherwise you're just an arrogant ******* who has no idea what he's talking about.

now show us those forum members who had it before the singapore and hong kong launch or otherwise just get out of here and stop bad mouthing palmone and their decline.
    Come on guys. Let's play nicely in the sandbox together...

Changing the subject:

Is PalmOne really in a decline? Is that what the numbers show?

Doesn't worry me as long as they keep turning out good products.

For example, I have been an Apple fan since 1987. Kept buying their stuff even when most people said they were going under. Apple's products have always been great. And now they are going from strength to strength with many "gurus" who used to say that they are dead, now lauding their innovation and quality.

Palm's the same for me. Been using them since the Pilot. Never had a bad one. Always performed the role that I expected of them. And, I'll keep buying while ever they serve my neads.

Regards
    Peter
    Don't ask me why I'm in this thread. (I'm addicted waiting for my treo so I read a lot of threads.) Anyway I'm a long time Mac fan and I never worried too much when Apple was in trouble because the technology was too good to just dissappear. If Apple had failed someone (Sun was looking at them,) would have bought them and Apple technology/products would have still been available. I think the same applies to P1. Even if they sink, the treo is hot, popular, and for the most part a very well designed product. It's not just going to dissappear. And if PPC eventually does kill PalmOS it'll only be because we can get the same features in the same form factor that we love.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    my dear: I tried doing a search. to no avail. show me a thread of somebody who had it earlier, and I take it all back and I shall bow myself in front of though. otherwise you're just an arrogant ******* who has no idea what he's talking about.

now show us those forum members who had it before the singapore and hong kong launch or otherwise just get out of here and stop bad mouthing palmone and their decline.
    Beel
    If I choose to badmouth P1 or toss a pile of dog crap at the Thai King I will do so. None of us here need to prove anything to you or anyone here. If you refuse to beleive someone you can simply ignore the post or go back to your family pole/business in Patpong.

Grow up and stop being an ignorant ********. If you are so upset about other users having access to Treos before you simply move to Singapore or Hong Kong where I am sure you can buy anything you want in advance if you have the money to do so. Also if you do think of moving to HK don't live in a landfill.
    Try Central, Wanchai, Mongkok or TST next time..or even Shatin.. This is where all the action is.

Peter
    The bottom line is form factor, one handed operation, available software and functionality. If I have all three in a PPC device I would switch. At this point I like my 650 but who knows what 2006 will bring. Perhaps P1 starts making PPC devices. or Apple comes out with something functional.
    Lets see what happens in the next 12 months..Perhaps the Treo 700 would blow away all the other OSes
    Last edited by bongmaster; 02/13/2005 at 10:16 AM.
    I did purchase a Treo T650 after Christmas in December for HK$8200 without warranty.I have had no problem with the phone at all unlike bongmaster and some other hongkongers who recently got their treo's.
    These days the Treo sells for HK$5000 in some stores with warranty and it is very easy to get one.
    Beelzebueb
    I bought mine in the Mong Kok area at the sincere arcade I think.
    This was around the 22nd of December and I paid $8600 for it.
    You should stop trying to prove people wrong cuz it makes you look like a retard.
    Kelly
  15.    #35  
    ok, sorry bong, I better keep quiet from now on.
    The 650s being sold in Manila do not come with SD cards. What gives?

jojoc
    Jojoc
    No Free SD cards are given out with the Treo's in Hong Kong either.
    However I just got a call from Broadway which is the retailer that sold me my 650. They asked me to bring in my receipt and offered me a $200 instant cash rebate.
    All I got with my Treo was a 6 month subscription to a Chinse language news service and a cd containing some Chinese software both of which I have not tried yet.

I asked around about free SD cards and memory issues but no one here has any info.

Bill
    Yesterday I bought a Treo 650 (GSM unlocked) from 2C in Hong Kong. Cost $5400 HKD. On the outside of the sealed box was a HK warranty but inside was an international warranty. I am assuming that, if I need it, the international one will apply.

No free SD card but I already own a 1Gb card.

The 650 is available in HK but it did go into a coupkle of Palm shops that said they had sold all their stock and were awaiting the next shipment.

I am happy? Yes.

Regards
    Peter
    My sister-in-law just got her 650 today. No SD card. But she's in 7th heaven.
    So Peter, the 650 does accept the 1gb card without any problem?
    Also, I was informed that the 650 accepts only certain and not just any SD card. Is this true?
    Treo 650 will actually take SD card up to 2GB in capacity. I am pretty sure that Treo 650 will take almost all types of SD cards.....there may be a couple exceptions that I am not aware of.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast