1.    #1  
    On my Cingular 650, there is no checkbox for the DUN setting. Interesting that the instruction books show it, but it's just not there.

Does this checkbox exist on the unlocked 650?
    Yes
    go to the palmone usa website as well, and download the unlocked DUN manual and the manual itself...and join me in start reading about the new toy
    Does anyone know the network settings that you have to input on your laptop for Cingular?
    Quote Originally Posted by balt_more
    Does anyone know the network settings that you have to input on your laptop for Cingular?

try downloading the manual....

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/ha...GSM_DUN_UG.pdf
    I did download it. I am wondering about what to do with this part of the manual:

To set up your computer, you need the following:
    • The username and password you use to access the Internet through your wireless service
    provider’s data (GPRS) network
    • your wireless service provider’s APN
    Check with your service provider or the documentation that came with your service plan for these
    settings.
    Good question. I have no idea what the username and password is. The Treo just seems to "know" what they are, but XP won't.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    The easy answer is to call Cingular. However, in the interest of being nice and everything (it is Friday):

For MediaWorks:

(it must be in all caps)
    Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1

(your APN can be in all lowercase)
    APN: wap.cingular

And yes, even though it says cingulargprs, it does offer you full EDGE speeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    The easy answer is to call Cingular. However, in the interest of being nice and everything (it is Friday):

For MediaWorks:

(it must be in all caps)
    Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1

(your APN can be in all lowercase)
    APN: wap.cingular

And yes, even though it says cingulargprs, it does offer you full EDGE speeds.
    very informative post. thanks!
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Does Shadowmite's BT DUN patch work with the Cingular 650? Is it subject to the same limitations as the Sprint patch?
    Don't be so sure until someone IN THE US gets one made for US sales in their hands. With all of Palm's "surprises" these days no one knows anything for sure. The one you refer to in that review is from Singapore and I don't think they ever mention where they got it (could be a pre-release version).
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    go to the palmone usa website as well, and download the unlocked DUN manual and the manual itself...and join me in start reading about the new toy