1.    #1  
    Is there a hardware or software way to turn OFF the backlighting on the keyboard while still leaving the screen on?
    Checkout KBLightsOff at http://www.lilapps.com/

It got a good review on the Treonauts site - blog.treonauts.com
  3.    #3  
    Excellent, thanks. Seems to be just what I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    Checkout KBLightsOff at http://www.lilapps.com/

It got a good review on the Treonauts site - blog.treonauts.com
    No problem - let me know what you think of it as I'm thinking of getting it, too...well, IF I ever get the unlocked GSM...
  5.    #5  
    Excellent .... does just what I want. Already tried and bought it ...
    this app works great, I just bought it for my 650
    KB Lights works great - appears very stable (no small thing with my constantly resetting 650). I also love to use Butler's LED off switch as well. Have been playing with movies (MMPlayer) at night in the Car (leave it sit on the dash - reflects off windshield - almost a heads-up display), so need need to use Bulter's switch to turn off the blinding bright charge LED. Wish I could get MacroPlay to record properly, so I could use a macro to change these settings back and forth; but does not seem to be able to end macro recording without powering off.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Excellent .... does just what I want. Already tried and bought it ...
    Nice, thanks for the feedback.
    Kblightsoff is one of the "must have" apps for the 650. I find that 90% of the time I dont want or need the keyboard lit, so it really helps with battery drain as well

As for the led. I prefer the "small version" of Ledoff, which is free, over Butler which was causing conflicts and resets for me. Butler does a lot more than LEDoff, but was just was causing too many problems for me. YMMV

I often like apps that do just one small thing, do it well, and otherwise stay out of the way. LBlightsoff and LEDoff both are like this.

And before anyone asks (again!!! ) there is no way to dim the keyboard, its either on or off.
    Last edited by midmofan; 02/04/2005 at 11:25 AM.
    FYI, I am planning to add an LED off feature to KB LightsOff. Glad y'all are finding it useful!