Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palmone just upped the price from $599 to a whopping $699 for an unlocked GSM 650!!! What pigs! I was just going to make the jump from a Blackberry too! This is so offensive, and so overpriced, I'm definitely staying with the aptly priced Blackberry!
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Skolnik
    Palmone just upped the price from $599 to a whopping $699 for an unlocked GSM 650!!! What pigs! I was just going to make the jump from a Blackberry too! This is so offensive, and so overpriced, I'm definitely staying with the aptly priced Blackberry!
    Enjoy your suckberry
  3.    #3  
    Suckberry??? You have ***** envy huh?

This is so offensive...!
    c'mon! be nice!
    have fun with your berry
  7.    #7  
    He started it.
    WAY DA :|

I am so happy that I bought this yesterday

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO

That is crazy man....seriously.....that is messed up.....

in two days time the price went from 600 to 700...wah da....
    sorry about your luck man...definately not professional....
    Whoah... That is pretty crummy. I did get to order it just yesterday for $599 (hopefully they don't change that on me!) Wow... That actually makes me angry. Yes, it's supply and demand... and I guess raising it $100 will still have lots of people ordering.. But wow... low...

Mike
    He started it.
    guilty
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    You know, that is a really jacked up thing to do. I feel sorry for the people who don't visit sites like this everyday and thus wouldn't have know when to expect them to start selling, thus missing out on a reasonable price.

A Treo 650 at $700 is not worth it. That is simply too much for what it is capable of.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    I'm sure it's to encourage people to buy the locked carrier versions. At only a $50 premium over the Cingular-locked version, it was a no-brainer to get the unlocked Treo 650, and I think an informed consumer that understood the value of unlocked would agree.

At a $150 premium, suddenly the Cingular 650 looks like the bargain and I'm sure Cingular wants you to think that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    You know, that is a really jacked up thing to do. I feel sorry for the people who don't visit sites like this everyday and thus wouldn't have know when to expect them to start selling, thus missing out on a reasonable price.

A Treo 650 at $700 is not worth it. That is simply too much for what it is capable of.
    Odd to change the price but wasn't this the expected price s well as the price of the unlocked 600 originally?
    Would it be legal for them to cancel our orders for unlocked T650s and tell us that there was a pricing mistake?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion
    Would it be legal for them to cancel our orders for unlocked T650s and tell us that there was a pricing mistake?
    yep
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Odd to change the price but wasn't this the expected price s well as the price of the unlocked 600 originally?

at least now we know that treo 650 is made by a bonafide OEM makers, HTC!
    our brothers are made by them too! *the ipaqs & xdas!*
    Somehow, I suspected that it was. I hope they are more ethical than that.
  18. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Un f**&ing believable !

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    I'm sure it's to encourage people to buy the locked carrier versions. At only a $50 premium over the Cingular-locked version, it was a no-brainer to get the unlocked Treo 650, and I think an informed consumer that understood the value of unlocked would agree.

At a $150 premium, suddenly the Cingular 650 looks like the bargain and I'm sure Cingular wants you to think that too.
    That's a really good point - my guess is they raised the price b/c of this reason. Cingular probably complained at them and they agreed to raise the price...oh, and I agree with an earlier poster - $700 is way too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    I'm sure it's to encourage people to buy the locked carrier versions.
    Ditto I'm sure the phone experts here at TC will figure a way to unlock this pretty soon anyways...
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast