Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    or the $1000 MPX-300?
    hey...in all fairness...seeing that i waited through months of the release of the 650...and even sat out really really low priced 600's....i would have paid that amount regardless....

actually, i was prepared to as well....even if my company did not buy it for me.

Ah well....but still glad that i got it for the 599 price
    Once again, bafoonery triumphs at a bay area technology concern. PalmOne seems more and more like a dying company. The parallels with TiVo are starting to become all too real.
    I was large and in charge!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Things are going downhill since the CEO left.
    I am sorry...but a $100.00 per unit is TOO big of a mistake to be overlooked for 2 days...especially for your flagship product.... theres definitely some shady work going on here.... and I am trying not to speculate any further...but one thing I know for sure..this was NOT a mistake...and you guys blame the site admin... but the back end order processing system also had to have a value of 599...and all the operators taking orders...they must have a price quote around their desks somewhere....

....I am just blown away... I felt no urgency due to the backorder... and now... Im fubared!....I dont know what to do...=[
    My guess is the entire world is selling for $700 and only US is selling for $599. Everyone is buying it and selling it on Ebay for a handsome profit. I still have one for $599 but couldn't wait and bought one in HK today for $700. Looks awesome but have to play around to know it all. Web browsing is fast! We have edge in HK.
    Yes, but collusion is illegal. I'm a publisher. I can't even DISCUSS the price of my products with other publishers, at the risk of anti-trust violations. I'd love someone to pursue Cingular and P1 legally.

Quote Originally Posted by cdarsey
    Sadly, P1 and Cingular are businesses. And all business are in the business of making money.
    Anyone friendly with an attorney general? FIGHT MEDIOCRITY!

Quote Originally Posted by JoaoPauzaoNYC
    Yes, but collusion is illegal. I'm a publisher. I can't even DISCUSS the price of my products with other publishers, at the risk of anti-trust violations. I'd love someone to pursue Cingular and P1 legally.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillNeedsaTreo
    Or think of it this way...

Palm wants to sell it lower, but Cingular insisted before it went up on the website. Then, they let it out for a 599, and jacked it back up when Cingular complained..."Oops"

The $599 was for us insane TCers who check this site every 5 minutes (10 at work) to keep us happy....
    being an optimist of ludicrous proportions, i'm going to have to side with WNaT. if nothing else, it helps keep my disposition from falling to ****, which is good for the cow-orkers and other innocent would-be victims.
    If animals are deprived of hope ... they are compensated by being given an almost endless patience for enduring, or simply for waiting. - Joseph Wood Krutch
    Beloved old unbranded GSM 650 shorting out and retired.
    Now happily driving the Black Euro GSM Centro. Yum.
    Yep, that was the price of the unlocked Treo 600. I believe it was a mistake. Not very professional, but the simplist explanation makes the most sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by GroverCleveland
    Once again, bafoonery triumphs at a bay area technology concern. PalmOne seems more and more like a dying company. The parallels with TiVo are starting to become all too real.

Something serious here Grover Cleveland is back....
    Quote Originally Posted by JoaoPauzaoNYC
    Anyone friendly with an attorney general? FIGHT MEDIOCRITY!

Can you be more clear.I havetrouble understanding your statement...
    Quote Originally Posted by steelers1
    That was pretty funny, you gotta admit...

I guess...if you're twelve.
    For whats its worth, if it offers anyone in a similar situation some hope...

I am in Canada and got my order in on day one for $599. Then they somehow had issues with my Corporate AMEX (and I work for a BIG BIG company). So 2 days later (this morning) im on the phone to them to straighten it all out. Well they had to cancel my original order to put the new order on my personal credit card and im thinking "OK, now they are going to tell me the price went up."
    "Sir, I have to tell you about the price increase" they say.
    "Here it comes" I'm thinking
    "The price is now $699 so what Ill do is charge you $699 and then credit your card for $100. So you'll ultimately only be charged $599."

Wow! So at least if you are in my situation they are being decent about it.

SomeCanuck
    Quote Originally Posted by GroverCleveland
    Well, in the case of TiVo, they have serious competition and their once innovative solution is becoming a almost a commodity. This is hardly the case with palmOne. As bad as some of these issues may seem, they would have hardly been noticed had it not been for some of us crazed fans who can't find their "fix" anywhere else. Companies would do anything to find such a crazy following, but it's a double-edged sword...
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada
    Things are going downhill since the CEO left.
    Smart CEO; he saw a bleak future!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234