Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 76
  1. #21  
    yeah, all those who already placed orders for the 599 price tag....PalmOne will have to honor those prices as those transactions would have been processed by now.

    When that price was changed is when those orders were taken as 699 on a move forward basis.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Enjoy your suckberry
    That was pretty funny, you gotta admit...
  3. #23  
    increasing the price $100 is just a ******* move.....

    after keeping us waiting for the thing for months, they pull a stunt like this....truly unprofessional....

    here's to hacking the Cingular 650 into the unlocked version....
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    increasing the price $100 is just a ******* move.....

    after keeping us waiting for the thing for months, they pull a stunt like this....truly unprofessional....

    here's to hacking the Cingular 650 into the unlocked version....
    Whoo hoo!! Even though I did order the unlocked version, I hope someone comes out with an unlock patch SOONER rather than later (like the T600). Stick it to the man!!
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by AznTriniBwoy
    yeah, all those who already placed orders for the 599 price tag....PalmOne will have to honor those prices as those transactions would have been processed by now.

    When that price was changed is when those orders were taken as 699 on a move forward basis.
    No ones cards have been charged yet. They don't charge the cards till they ship. We just checked an unbranded GSM order and his still lists the lower price.
  6. #26  
    i posted this to another thread but here it is as well. after calling palm1 cs and waiting on hold i spoke to joy and she told me that they would honor the lower price if you already ordered the phone. she also told me that the lower price on the website was a "typo" and it really should have been the higher price to begin with.

    so, it seems we few, we lucky few who ordered at the lower price will be ok. i also got her id number but she wouldn't give me her last name and said she did not have a direct extension number either.

    let's hope she's right.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by technomage
    No ones cards have been charged yet. They don't charge the cards till they ship. We just checked an unbranded GSM order and his still lists the lower price.
    Mine is backordered but I have a pending charge of $615 so that's a plus!
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by rysmith
    Mine is backordered but I have a pending charge of $615 so that's a plus!
    They have a hold on my credit card as well. And if they cancelled my order, I would be seriously pissed like everyone else.

    Strange thing is mine still shows up as order received on the website, though I got the second backordered e-mail roughly 12 hours ago.

    I'm holding out a little hope that since I'm in Canada and there's no Sprint or Cingular here that they might ship unlocked phones to us earlier
  9. iramike's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    #29  
    I got the Cingular locked version, caues I am never switching, I work for the company, anyway, mine actually says shipped and I got the confirmation email and everything.
  10. #30  
    My order status is still "Order Received" too. But, I haven't gotten a second backordered email. I also haven't called Amex to see if palmOne put a hold on my card...I'll try to call tomorrow and find out.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by joegillis
    she also told me that the lower price on the website was a "typo" and it really should have been the higher price to begin with.
    How do you make a $100 typo and then leave it, unnoticed for 2 days while continually taking orders and charging cards or reserving funds?Did anyone responsible for pricing bother to check the site after it went up? Of course I'm happy to benefit from the mistake and happy for all the other TC members who've benefited.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  12. #32  
    they must get orders like hot cakes
  13. #33  
    I can't believe it! I thought the title was a joke or something, but it's true. I don't think I ever seen anything like this before. I will say the price of the unlocked GSM Treo 600 was $699 also, but I can't believe they changed it.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  14. #34  
    Obvious that the $599 price was no typo. I agree with whoever said that the price differential between the P1 unlocked and the locked cingular is just not great enough to warrant anyone buying at $549. The "typo" story is just that - a story to make P1 seem a little less batardly. I think there is definitely some pressure coming from Cingular.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence
    Obvious that the $599 price was no typo. I agree with whoever said that the price differential between the P1 unlocked and the locked cingular is just not great enough to warrant anyone buying at $549. The "typo" story is just that - a story to make P1 seem a little less batardly. I think there is definitely some pressure coming from Cingular.

    cingular is pain in the @ss!
  16. #36  
    Well I hope P1 doesn't get pressured into not releasing the unlocked model untill March or worse yet May.
  17. #37  
    I am offering a brand new cingular treo 650 to whoever manages to put together a unlock patch first...
  18. #38  
    Sadly, P1 and Cingular are businesses. And all business are in the business of making money.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Needatreo650
    I am offering a brand new cingular treo 650 to whoever manages to put together a unlock patch first...
    Get one to Shadowmite and he'll do it...
  20. 1SFG's Avatar
    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    #40  
    that's insane. i wonder what this means for the vienna channels people...suddenly even $250 still seems like a lot for this phone.
    1st SFG (A)

    if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions