1.    #1  
    Just got a 650 / AT&T.
    Somehow it has the wrong voicemail access number programmed into the favorites button for "1" and it includes the letter "p" my code and the "#". (In the phone number section instead of the "more" section) -- basically the voice mail access number has been programmed wrong, but I cannot edit that particular favorites button. It's somehow automatically programmed and won't let me edit it (other than the "more" part).

Searched manuals and forums and found that someone with Sprint had the same problem and had to enter some code to reset the voice mail access number. I've been on the phone with AT&T for an hour now and they *still* don't understand my problem. Anyone else seen this problem or know how to change the voicemail access number?

d2h
    I had the same problem at first. When I tried calling into voicemail it would take me to Sprint for some reason (and it is a Cingular phone). I did a soft reset on the phone and then tried to call voicemail again. When I did it asked me for my voicemail dial-in number. Cingular had told me what the voicemail number was supposed to be. I was able to put it in and now it works fine. Hope this helps.
    hmm...are you sure you don't mean it's programmed with your number first, the p, then the #, followed by your voicemail box pin? ex. 18885555555p#1234
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
  4.    #4  
    It's currently programmed as 18885555555p1234# -- and that's all in the number field, rather than having the code part in the more field.

I've tried multiple resets, etc., to no avail.

I think that AT&T needs to re-register the sim card with a correct number or something, but I have a *secondary* problem of a recently bad tower in my neighbourhood, so the sim "updates" are not coming through. Was just hoping there was some alternative, manual way to change that number.
    One more thought.......take your new 64K SIM card and put it into your old phone. Start up your old phone, go to the menu where you can edit your voicemail number on your old phone and save that to your new SIM. Then put the new SIM back into your new T-650.

Just a thought. Worth a try?
    No guarantees but...I was able to edit the voicemail favorite after getting a popup saying I had a new voicemail, pressing listen, hanging up, then edited the voicemail favorite button. If the number is underlined when editing the voicemail favorite button, then you can change it.

I was also able to edit the number after I called a number that was not in my contact list. A popup appeared asking if I wanted to add the number to the contact list. I pressed No, then tried to edit the voicemail favorite button. Again I was able to edit it..
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. It seems to be caused by the fact that I had added a pxxxx# with my Treo 600. The 650 did not like that extra stuff. I used another GSM phone (my trusty siemens s56 spare ) to edit the number to just the voicemail number then added the pxxxx# from the 650 and all is well again!
    i had the same issue. i called customer service and they reset the voicemail number for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ehan
    i had the same issue. i called customer service and they reset the voicemail number for me.
    i'm pretty sure that only resets the voicemail password--that four digit pin used to access your voicemailbox--back its default of either 1111 or the last four digits of your mobile number.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    But they didn't...spent about 90 minutes on the phone with support. The number in my voice mail isn't mine....and nothing I tried, support tried, or these suggests pointed to trying, allows me to edit the number for the voicemail "favorites" button. I bought mine thru National Accounts...the customer service guy said basically to call them Monday...they'll likely just switch out the equipment...

Oh, I've had the phone for 8 hours...
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    If you can borrow a nokia or siemens gsm phone and change the number there. Just remember to write it down. It is not supposed to be your number but a VM portal number that your phone calls to get VM.

greg
    I just tried what I thought was the "wrong voicemail number" that appears to be locked in my phone. Templar, you are correct sir! When it answered, I put my PIN and voila! My messages came up.

What is truly unbelievable was that the ATT/Cingular people don't know that this is how it works!

I'm guessing that the the "portal" number must read the "caller id" coming from the phone to know what voicemail box to connect to. Although it's not quite as one touch, I did determine could just call my number from the phone and get the voice mail as well...although for $449, the darn thing ought to work...and low and behold, it did!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I was just as frustrated myself. I purposely bought the AT&T 650 since last time I had a cingular unlocked (used on AT&T only) that did not work 100%. For example from a Cingular 600 you cannot call #121 (AT&T info line). This time I wanted all the features to work. Once I figured this out, changed the VM number to whatever it was minus the pxxxx# and then let the 650 insert it, it worked like a champ. Problem is, you need another phone to fix that.

greg
    You have to do a hard reset on it. It will then clear out the voicemail number. My worked when I got it from Cingular, but I then I decided to do a hard reset after my first sync to clear out my outlook data. Just make sure you sync first to make sure that your data is backed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    i'm pretty sure that only resets the voicemail password--that four digit pin used to access your voicemailbox--back its default of either 1111 or the last four digits of your mobile number.
    No, it was my voicemail number.
    I had this problem and the worst part was getting my voicemail access number from Cingular. Once I had that, I turned the phone mode off (press and hold the red phone/power button), turned it back on (press and hold the same button) and I was able to edit the voicemail favorites entry.

Good luck!

Limey.