1.    #1  
    I've had my vaja i-volution case for almost a month and a half. It's been a great case but a weakness has shown up during a vacation. I'm a treo in my pocket guy so I didn't get the belt clip. I was in Maui for just over a week and had my treo in my short pockets almost the whole time to keep tabs on my biz. While admiring my case near the end of the trip, I noticed a couple of new light blue spots. After closer inspection I concluded they were wear spots.

I expected some of the color to rub off but thought it would be cow colored underneath. It's the same color as the vaja logo and my custom imprint. So now it looks like I have to look forward to my vaja case slowly turning to light blue! Check out the pictures. I had a heck of a time deciding on a color combo. So if you plan to order one, make sure the 'hidden' color matches up with your selection. If this gets worse in the next couple months I may fight to try to get a new one with more muted colors. I still really like the case. The leather smell always takes me back to my special place, like a starbucks in an unfamiliar city.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I think this would be a difficult claim against Vaja. I personally think they are overpriced but any leather than is dyed is going to do this if rubbed enough.
  3.    #3  
    Agreed. I think the wear is acceptable but I really wished it revealed some shade of cow, not aqua blue. If these cases weren't so overpriced I wouldn't be complaining : )
    Quote Originally Posted by montoya
    Agreed. I think the wear is acceptable but I really wished it revealed some shade of cow, not aqua blue. If these cases weren't so overpriced I wouldn't be complaining : )
    They are only overpriced to about 500% of what they cost to make .. yet you people still keep buying them .. i'm sure the case for the Treo 700 will cost even more and still people will keep buying them.
    Quote Originally Posted by riekl
    They are only overpriced to about 500% of what they cost to make .. yet you people still keep buying them .. i'm sure the case for the Treo 700 will cost even more and still people will keep buying them.
    I think the point is when something costs that much, manufacturing practices should be much better and people shouldn't have to worry about such imperfections (e.g., I can handle - to a degree - some of the rubber trim on my Hyundai peeling off after a few months, but if it was a BMW I'd be much more pissed!). Totally agree that undyed, natural tone underneath is way better.

I was thinking of getting one of those cases (probably trying to find a used one somewhere) due to the reported protection level and the overall attractive look, but aqua blue shining through -- especially on a darker-toned case -- is making me rethink things. Thanks for the heads up, Montoya.
  6.    #7  
    I still recommend the case. Just watch the color combos. The fit and finish of these cases are top notch. I can imagine how they could do this with rubber or plastic, but this is leather. $100 for something I use everyday like a wallet is fair.
    Any thoughts as to what the best color is? I was thinking one of the lighter colors for the front, and a dark blue for the back. Wonder what is 'underneath' the dark blue?
  8.    #9  
    Best color combo is what you like best. I was initially concerned about how well the lighter colors would hold up against stains. That hasn't been an issue. Only way to find out what the hidden color is is to ask actual owners what their 'vaja' logo color is.
    Quote Originally Posted by montoya
    I still recommend the case. Just watch the color combos.
    Makes sense. Thanks for the tips!
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouzome
    Any thoughts as to what the best color is? I was thinking one of the lighter colors for the front, and a dark blue for the back. Wonder what is 'underneath' the dark blue?
    I got the steel gray which pretty much matches the antenna colour on the front and a blue back looks great and had alot of positive comments about it.

Had another with a black back (which i sold) same front but did not look as good.

Stephen
    Is this the steel gray and blue combo you mentioned?

http://www1.vajacases.com/home_en.html

If it is, it looks nice.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Grindell
    Is this the steel gray and blue combo you mentioned?

http://www1.vajacases.com/home_en.html

If it is, it looks nice.
    Steel Grey and canteria dark blue (remember depending on what theme you run theres alot of dark blue on the screen also so it looks good)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    Steel Grey and canteria dark blue (remember depending on what theme you run theres alot of dark blue on the screen also so it looks good)
    I think the one in that link is Caterina Lilac-Gray and Canteria Dark Blue, if you are talking about the case on their homepage.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Montoya,

I'm having the exact same problem and mine is 3 days old. Did it get worse with you? Its totally unacceptable and appears to be only some colors according to the reports of others. Its just how they chose to apply the color. I'm from Argentina and have bought many different color leathers and they never peel off like this. Vaja's excellent customer service will surely remedy the situation.

Omoanya