Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shinoSetsuna
    Trevor, if i could reach you through this screen i would kiss you (and i am female, so don't be afraid!)... i am sending this reply via BT DUN through my 650 right now, you were right... it was the pairing issue. i think it is due to the fact that i was pairing the phone to the computer *before* installing the DUN patch, it is working like clockwork now and my upcoming trip is saved in terms of being able to stay online! thx so much, have a wonderful day..!
    You said you had tried the generics and bought the script generator... can you please tell us which modem script you had sucess with? I have tried all the generic GPRS and generic 3G Edge scripts. I get DUN and pairing working and I cannot log onto the network. The connection log looks like:

"Generic xyz modem script name"
    Making GPRS connection
    serial connection established
    Using interface ppp0
    Connect: ppp0 <-->/dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem
    Remote message: PAP access OK
    LCP terminated by peer
    Connection terminated
    Serial link disconnected

In every case with every variety of APN / login and password for cingular at Ross Barkman's page and with and without **99***1# (may not be acurate here, but followed correctly in the steps) nothing gets past Remote messavge: PAP access OK, it is always followed by CP terminated by peer.

I even went back and put my sim in my T616, which used to work great, and it cannot get on either??? Can Cingular see the Connect: ppp0 <-->/dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem from above and be terminating these connection types?
    Just as another data point, I'm using an unlocked GSM 650 with a Mac. I used the Generic 3G GSM scripts on http://www.taniwha.org.uk , and it worked with no troubles. Make sure you follow the setup instructions for the modem script - you need to put the APN (wap.cingular) in the phone number field, and he automatically sends the *99***1# number internally in the script.
    Just as another data point, I'm using an unlocked GSM 650 with a Mac. I used the Generic 3G GSM scripts on http://www.taniwha.org.uk , and it worked with no troubles. Make sure you follow the setup instructions for the modem script - you need to put the APN (wap.cingular) in the phone number field, and he automatically sends the *99***1# number internally in the script.
    Using these scripts and the APN (internet2.voicestream.com), I was able to connect my Powerbook to my 650 on TMobile for the first time! Yeah! Take that, Starbucks Wi-Fi access points!!
    Yes, to reiterate, if you have already paired your T650 to your Mac before installing the BT DUN patch and before turning on DUN in the T650 BT menu, then you will need to delete and re-pair your T650 to your Mac.
    Update... it appears there was a problem with Cingular, at least locally here. After the many failed attempts, I tried getting the just the phone to connect, no luck. Today, I tried it again while at work, and viola, the GSM worked. And when I got home, the DUN connection worked too. Thanks
    Windows XP User

I use *99***1#. Works perfectly. Username WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM with password CINGULAR1.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bryangold
    Windows XP User

I use *99***1#. Works perfectly. Username WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM with password CINGULAR1.
    The only "number" that worked for me was:
    **99***1#

[two asterisks]

burrzoo
    Well I'm majorly bummed. With the DUN patch installed, I can't even get my PB to pair with my Treo (Cingular locked) If I turn Dial UP Network Off in the Treo, I can pair. Very annoying. Basically with the DUN patch installed and Dial UP Networking turned on, I try to pair the devices. It sees the phone and gives me the 6 digit keycode. The Treo pops up the box and I enter it there and then the OS X BlueTooth Stup box says 'Gathering Information About Your Phone' and just spins. Forever. If I kill the window - my Bluetooth prefs show a valid pairing, but only OBEX Push. So I can't even get to worrying about PPP and the scripts.

I can't sync via bluetooth either - which is really annoying. As much as I'm up and down in a day I really had hoped to bluetooth sync. I have the bluetooth pda sync port enabled in Palm HotSync Manager. I have Bluetooth setup properly in HotSync on the Treo according to Palms instructions. When I click HotSync from teh treo, I see a bluetooth connection on the Mac go active, but it never launches the sync. If I try to sync from teh Mac, is just says 'Preparing ot Sync' and nothing.

I shoudl note I have an older PowerBook and am using a D-Link Bluetooth adapter which seems to be the one recommended by Apple. It works fine with other bluetooth devices.

Any ideas on why I can't pair the phones? I'f soft reset the phone more than once and I've restarted the Mac many times. Nothing - same result every time.
    Works fine on my Titanium PB with the D-Link BT adapter. Note, that to get BT DUNs to work there are two critical features: 1.) PCS Vision MUST BE OFF and 2.) on the MAC side you must choose GPRS when establishing pairing.
    This is a Cingular phone - no PCS involved. PCS Vision is Sprint, no? As for GPRS - where is that an option in the pairing screen. I never get to the 'available' service screen in the bluetooth setup, the Mac setup hangs right after I enter the pairing code on the phone 'transferring information from the phone'
    Last edited by baptiste; 02/18/2005 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by 8o8o8o8o
    Using these scripts and the APN (internet2.voicestream.com), I was able to connect my Powerbook to my 650 on TMobile for the first time! Yeah! Take that, Starbucks Wi-Fi access points!!
    Do you use User Name and Password? If you do, it the user name your phone unmber? Where do you get your password? Thanks.
    I got the connection to work without anything custom....as explained earlier in the posts with Cingular.
    However, the timeout on the connection drives me crazy...bout 30 seconds. Usually not enought time to type or read much. Anyone know how to keep the connection up longer by using a ping utility or setting change. As long as you are moving data, it stays up...but don't ever go idle!!!!
    I found a solution to my idle disconnect problem. I downloaded the mac version of Whatroute and set it to ping Google's IP address every ten seconds as to not hog precious bandwidth. This kept the bluetooth modem connection up as long as I wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by 8o8o8o8o
    Same here. Sitting at the local Volkswaven dealer right now. I'm SSH'd into my home server, chatting with some folks at work, and checking TreoCentral.

I just grabbed the generic 3G script, and followed the OSX directions in the included readme file. I did make sure to pair with DUN turned on.

This phone is everything my Sidecrap wasn't.
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    Hi folks... Good stuff here! I followed all the intructions on shadowmite's website exactly, but I'm having no luck. I can't connect at all. My PowerBook just says it cannot establish a connection with the device. I suspect that it's my pairing. No matter how many times I try the pairing or where I initiate it, I cannot seem to get the phone to offer a DUN profile (Yes DUN was enabled on the Treo before the pairing). Only OBEX Push shows. Anyone else have this problem?
    I'm seeing the exact same problem -- my Mac won't recognize the DUN profile during pairing. When I try to connect, I get "couldn't open communications device." I have a PalmOne unlocked Treo 650. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by kg6bgj
    Hi folks... Good stuff here! I followed all the intructions on shadowmite's website exactly, but I'm having no luck. I can't connect at all. My PowerBook just says it cannot establish a connection with the device. I suspect that it's my pairing.
    The secret, when using the Bluetooth setup dialog, is to tell the Mac that your Treo is an "other device," NOT a "mobile phone." Then, once the pairing is complete, it will allow you to specify the Treo as a data device.
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    The secret, when using the Bluetooth setup dialog, is to tell the Mac that your Treo is an "other device," NOT a "mobile phone." Then, once the pairing is complete, it will allow you to specify the Treo as a data device.
    Update: I can't get the Treo to pair consistently as a data device. In fact, I've only been able to get this working once. I'm not sure what to do at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by rotax
    Update... it appears there was a problem with Cingular, at least locally here. After the many failed attempts, I tried getting the just the phone to connect, no luck. Today, I tried it again while at work, and viola, the GSM worked. And when I got home, the DUN connection worked too.
    I'm seeing exactly the same log messages as you. Are you sure that you didn't change anything before the phone connected?
    Quote Originally Posted by webtoker
    I found that I can only connect once, then I have to turn the Treo bluetooth off and back on to connect again.
    I'm finding the exact same thing. Is there any workaround? Is Bluetooth on the Treo 650 faulty or what?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast