1.    #1  
    I am offering 1 Brand New Cingular Treo 650 as a gift to whoever is first to figure out an unlock patch for public availability
  2.    #2  
    Now that they just hiked the price of the unlocked gsm version by $100 ! - BUMP
    Just send one to Shadowmite
    wow thats unbelivable, i really appreciat what you are doing, Its going to give alot more people to get the cheaper cingular 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Needatreo650
    Now that they just hiked the price of the unlocked gsm version by $100 ! - BUMP
    You must have a company who bought multiple locked 650's, uh?

Either way, I think it's a very cool move.

-TJ
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Shadowmite has offered (stated in his site's forum) that if sent a GSM he will unlock it...he may also do some cool alternative ROMs too...

I dont know if Ill get one anymore ...since price hike...but thats VERY cool of you.
  7. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridges
    Shadowmite has offered (stated in his site's forum) that if sent a GSM he will unlock it...he may also do some cool alternative ROMs too...

I dont know if Ill get one anymore ...since price hike...but thats VERY cool of you.
    Heck, there's probably enough people here with locked Treos that if we all chipped in $5-$10, we could buy him one!
    I would contribute up to $50 up front to have Shadowmite work out the unlock procedure.
    Here is an unlock code I stumbled upon. Check it out and tell me is it works. I would check it out first, but I'm still waiting for my Unlocked 650 to ship from PalmOne.

*#*#1234#
    That isn't the "right" unlock code. It tinkles with the sim lock, not the subsidy lock.

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    Man, I don't want NOTHING tinkling on MY phone!

Quote Originally Posted by naked
    That isn't the "right" unlock code. It tinkles with the sim lock, not the subsidy lock.

L
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner
    Man, I don't want NOTHING tinkling on MY phone!
    Shout out to a fellow Wildcat Fan!!!!

Go Big Blue!
    I have detailed files.
    Honestly, I'd be happy if someone would for right now email me the phone.prc file, or as close to that as exists on the GSM phone... I really can't do much without a real phone, but given the files that should be important I might be able to...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Honestly, I'd be happy if someone would for right now email me the phone.prc file, or as close to that as exists on the GSM phone... I really can't do much without a real phone, but given the files that should be important I might be able to...
    Man, if you could crack it this weekend, then I'd have to go buy the Cingular version!
    How Do I Locate The File That You Want Shadowmite I Just Got The Treo 650 From Cingular In The Virgin Islands
    weird....
    so, there's an auction @ ebay selling treo 650 cingular as 'unlocked'
    so, this guy actually had a way to unlock the treo 650 already?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...749420095&rd=1
  17.    #17  
    Bump
    Whoaa!!!! Good Luck!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    no doubt shawn @ gearfortech.com is the best person who can unlock treo 650 remotely. don't be fooled by this phony 1234 code.