Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So yeah...ive been very pleased with my boxwave screen protectors, but do i dare venture into third party electrical devices...how is this combo, and is it awkward plugging into the wall as a wall charger?

thanks guys
    I've been using one of their Mini-Sync retractable things for a long time & just the other day ordered one of those Versa-Charger dudes. Looking forward to it & I'll report back when I get it....
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Why is there no Mini-sync for the T650?
    can someone give me a link to boxwave screen protectors
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13
    Why is there no Mini-sync for the T650?

Seidio sells a retractable minisync cable for the 650...

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../5-18--162.htm

Also, this should work with the Versacharger afaikafaikafaik.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Seidio sells a retractable minisync cable for the 650...

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../5-18--162.htm

Also, this should work with the Versacharger afaikafaikafaik.
    i use the one from Pacific Rim Technologies.
    it works great and is 1/2 the price of the seido one.
    click here for more info on it

they also have several other items for the treo600 & treo650.
    very nice people, met them at macworld.
    Last edited by iBug; 03/08/2005 at 12:30 PM.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    I have the BoxWave sync'n'charge cable for the 650, and I have mixed feelings about it. I'm considering returning it and waiting for something else.

There are two problems: the connector seems to fit very tightly into the Treo, in that it takes a more force to connect than the standard cable from Palm does. I thought that might be a good thing, but apparently not. The cable doesn't always make good contact. I'll have it plugged in, sitting on my desk, with the red charging light on. I'll look over at the phone later and notice the LED blinking green, which means the power connector isn't connected. This is with the phone sitting stationary on my desk, no movement at all. And the same problem affects the data connection. More than once I've pressed the hotsync button and had nothing happen. Pushing the connector in more firmly, then pressing the button again will get things going again, but the connector really doesn't seem to seat very well.

The other problem is that the device will sometimes start a hotsync when I plug the cable in. And yes, I'm sure I'm not pressing the hotsync button at the time. I think plugging the cable in also triggered a soft reset once or twice, but I'm not positive I remember that correctly.

I haven't noticed any of these problems with the standard power / hotsync cable from Palm.

One other thing: I didn't get the versacharger, but I did buy their standard car adapter for the sync-n-charge cable. I need to do some more testing, but when I had it plugged in to my cigarette lighter the 650 reset, all by itself, several times. It also reset several times when an call came in. The output of the car adapter is only 400ma, and Sprint says you shouldn't use a charger with less than 1 amp capacity.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  8.    #10  
    although i think boxwave is great and all...when it comes to electronic thingies, i have to go OEM...so thus i will spend the little extra to get the P1 OEM stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by iBug
    click her for more info on it

they also have several other items for the treo600 & treo650.
    very nice people, met them at macworld.

Awesome price! Thanks for the link!

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by iBug
    click her for more info on it .

Which "her" should I click? Can I click gfunk's her? Pretty please?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Which "her" should I click? Can I click gfunk's her? Pretty please?
    heh, i'd like to "click" her, too.
    however, it was a typo.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OC RYDAH
    can someone give me a link to boxwave screen protectors
    Thanks
    OC Rydah,

Here is the link to our ClearTouch Screen Protectors:

ClearTouch Crystal
    ClearTouch Anti-Glare

Hope this helps!

Please feel free to PM us with any questions you may have!

Cheers!

Sung
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxWave
    Please feel free to PM us with any questions you may have!

Cheers!

Sung
    Hi Sung,

Were you going to publicly comment about the earlier MiniSync question? Is it going to become available, and if so when? If you had a Treo 650 MiniSync cable, you would already have an order from me for a variety of accessories...

Thanks,
    Matt
    I got the S&C Retractable Cable for Treo 650 from the TreoStore but it kills My T650. Everything goes dead the only way I can bring it back to life is do a reset.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DawMatt
    Hi Sung,

Were you going to publicly comment about the earlier MiniSync question? Is it going to become available, and if so when? If you had a Treo 650 MiniSync cable, you would already have an order from me for a variety of accessories...

Thanks,
    Matt
    Matt and all,

The Treo 650 miniSync will be available by early next week, around the 28th or the 29th of February. Hope this helps!

Please contact me with any other questions or concerns!

Cheers!

Sung
    This company is the worst when it comes to shipping and customer service (my opinion). I purchased a screen protector from them last year, and never received it. They claimed that it was delivered by the Post Office, and refused to help me any further. They told me to take it up with the post office. I reported them to the BBB, but later dropped the issue, as it wasn't worth the effort (only $15.00).
    So I have been spreading the 'good' words about them.
    /Tony
    FYI, it seems there are other companies like Macmedia which also sell versacharger-like devices:

http://www.macmedia.com/usbadapter.html

Seems like the only difference is the LED indicator afaikafaikafaik...

Quote Originally Posted by BoxWave
    Matt and all,

The Treo 650 miniSync will be available by early next week, around the 28th or the 29th of February. Hope this helps!

Please contact me with any other questions or concerns!

Cheers!

Sung
    Hi Sung,

Do you have a revised date for availability? It is now a week past the previously quoted date, and I'm trying to work out if it is worth waiting for this product to come available before ordering my screen protectors.

Thanks,
    Matt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast