View Poll Results: Which is your favorite MP3 RingTone Utility for the Treo 650?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • LightWav 3.2

1 8.33%
  • LightWav 5.1

2 16.67%
  • mRing 2.03

0 0%
  • Butler 2.71

1 8.33%
  • CallFilter 1.2

0 0%
  • Ringo Pro or Lite

2 16.67%
  • Convert to AMR or WAV and use built-in option

0 0%
  • Other, not listed

6 50.00%
  1.    #1  
    I have read and reread, tried and retried, installed, updated, beta-tested and generally flogged to death a slew of MP3 Ringtone Utilities with varying degrees of success and failure.

At this point I am just looking for sheer numbers of who prefers which MP3 Ringtone manager for the Treo 650. I am not looking to dis or plug any particular software, so I am not asking for commentary, although feel free if you wish to comment.

I just want to see a stats based view of which software is preferred. The various thread have plenty to read over when looking for discussion about the merits of each particular vendors offerings.

Hoping to see in numbers which is preferred by the seasoned readers of TreoCentral.
    Just a clarification - Butler isn't an MP3 ringtone manager. Phone Technician is though. Can you edit the poll?
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    Just a clarification - Butler isn't an MP3 ringtone manager. Phone Technician is though. Can you edit the poll?
    No, I understand MP3 RingTone Management is not it's primary function, but it can make your ringer play an MP3, thus it made the poll.

I knew I would forget one or two, that's why there is an other, not listed choice. Don't think you can edit a poll, AFAICT...

Cheers.
    I'm pretty sure that there's no way to get Butler to play mp3 ringtones. That's what Phone Technician (same author) is for. Butler handles alerms, alarms, launcher, LED. It can do mp3 alarms, but not ringtones. I agree that Technician is a better option than Butler for the purpose of this poll.
    Does CallFilter even work on the 650?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Can the people voting other write what they're using?
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    No, I understand MP3 RingTone Management is not it's primary function, but it can make your ringer play an MP3, thus it made the poll.

I knew I would forget one or two, that's why there is an other, not listed choice. Don't think you can edit a poll, AFAICT...

Cheers.
    It's a common misconception - but Butler doesn't even do that. The closest it can do is play an mp3 10 seconds after a call comes in. That's intended to let you know that you missed a call!

Phone technician does play mp3 ringers (without the 10 sec delay )
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  8.    #8  
    I am laughing at myself right now. Yesterday I tried to set up a non-techie friends Treo 650 with MP3 ringtones. I was trying out a few different pieces of software and showing them to him. One of them was Butler (I obviously was wrong in assuming it did MP3 ringtones, my apoligies) and I could not for the life of me figure out why it wasn't working. After a while the MP3 played, which of course was even more frustrating.

NOW, I realize that I was being stupid, not reading the manual and that my friend should have found someone more competent to show him how to do MP3 ringtones... Sorry for including it in the poll and for excluding Phone Technician.

If a moderator wants to replace Butler with Phone Technician, please do. Again, as far as I can tell, I cannot edit the poll.

Well, I am off to try Phone Technician and I am going to read the manual first!

I hate when people post innaccuracies on the forum, and further hate when people cannot admit they were wrong....Sorry for the confusion.
    It's a good idea to never argue about the functionality of an app with it's developer.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    I have read and reread, tried and retried, installed, updated, beta-tested and generally flogged to death a slew of MP3 Ringtone Utilities with varying degrees of success and failure.

At this point I am just looking for sheer numbers of who prefers which MP3 Ringtone manager for the Treo 650. I am not looking to dis or plug any particular software, so I am not asking for commentary, although feel free if you wish to comment.

I just want to see a stats based view of which software is preferred. The various thread have plenty to read over when looking for discussion about the merits of each particular vendors offerings.

Hoping to see in numbers which is preferred by the seasoned readers of TreoCentral.

You missed mp3Ringer www.toysoft.ca/mpringer.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    It's a good idea to never argue about the functionality of an app with it's developer.
    Yeah, I'm an *****....and the worst thing was I was thinking to myself, "why are you correcting me, your silly software didn't even work %#$@!

Again, my apoligies for getting it wrong...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    You missed mp3Ringer www.toysoft.ca/mpringer.html
    With all due respect, your software got two slots and even then I am not sure it even belongs on the poll at all. I am a registered user of two of your software and neither works. Your support is poor IMO, and every piece of software from Toysoft I have ever tried has crashed, contained way too many bugs and suffered from poor design.

Please understand, I am not trying to flame, nor start an argument. I have moved on and will not purchase any software from your company at all. I included them purely because of the distaste they have left me with is so great I couldn't forget them...

Wow, that sounded a lot meaner then I truly meant it too, but looking back at it, that is how I feel.