1.    #1  
    Hi. I'm currently a Cingular customer and have no plans of leaving Cingular. Is there any advantage to puchasing the unlocked Treo 650 from P1, rather than the Cingular locked version from P1?
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkj1961
    Hi. I'm currently a Cingular customer and have no plans of leaving Cingular. Is there any advantage to puchasing the unlocked Treo 650 from P1, rather than the Cingular locked version from P1?
    After reading this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=71446

... then consider that the resale value of the Treo 650 is greater if it is unlocked.
    Your best bet is to get the Cingular version from Cingular. I ordered mine this morning and it already shipped, and it allowed me to get MediaWorks unlimited for $19.99. Unless you plan to travel internationally AND use prepaid sims whereever you go, unlocked really doesnt get you much. Locked versions may also have some carrier specific software, but if you get a 2 year contract by the time the contract is up the Treo 900 will be out and you'll probably want a new one anyway!