1.    #1  
    Evenin' All..

I was having a poke about at my local tech website when I spotted what might be a 'stock-in' date for the T650. (see attached image, site URL: http://www.elara.ie/products/details...962&productID=

Having checked the system at www.elara.ie, I then checked other retailers and sure enough SoftJam says the same date. Lookee here: http://www.softjam.co.uk/acatalog/Bo...ellaneous.html

Two things to note on that page, firstly the top item seems to be a non GSM Treo650 (now who the hell in Europe would want one of those?) Secondly I know that part of the data says Treo 600, but the manufacturer's ID for the Treo600 on that site is given elsewhere as 1034EU, not 1040EU.

So Tues 15th of Feb seems to be what they're saying, the question is how reliable is this info?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    In light of the price that Expansys are charging (Eur 731 + VAT), you might be interested to know that the prices on the above websites are Eur 614 + VAT on Elara and STG 446 + VAT (which is about EUR 650) on SoftJam
    Last edited by Man about Couch; 02/04/2005 at 03:55 AM.
    UK Orange brochure for Feb has a full page PalmOne ad for Treo 650 on page 48 although no other listing yet in brochure or website.

A chat with one of their BHS suited 'trainers' led to hints of Wednesday week (16th). I'm hoping that with a suitable contract the up-front price is sensible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Man about Couch
    In light of the price that Expansys are charging (Eur 731 + VAT), you might be interested to know that the prices on the above websites are Eur 614 + VAT on Elara and STG 446 + VAT (which is about EUR 650) on SoftJam
    In France Expansys charges 965 incl. VAT for pre order
    For the Americans who are wondering...

965 = $1250

The Elara price from the first post in this thread 740 = $965

Quote Originally Posted by Man about Couch
    Two things to note on that page, firstly the top item seems to be a non GSM Treo650 (now who the hell in Europe would want one of those?)
    There're three: T650/NON, T650/FR, T650DE. Perhaps FR and DE are French and German respectively (referring to keyboards?) and NON are for the rest for us. They sort of have to be GSM, don't they?

The prices seem crazy. The week it was released, I paid 20 for my 600 from an Orange reseller. To get this price I was locked for four months into a contract that was 20 a month more than the one I would have chosen otherwise, so I reckon the 'real' cost of the 600 to be about 100. 100 ~ 145. I'm hoping for a similar deal this time around.