Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Hello all.

    I am wanting to assign a custom MIDI for a few of my friends, but can't quite figure it out.

    It doesn't appear to me that the 650 can play per-contact ringtones out of the box. I recently bought a copy of LightWav, but it doesn't appear to support MIDI files. ARGH!

    Is there a way, hopefully w/o buying another app, to assign a custom MIDI on a per-contact basis, or will it be easier for me just to convert the MIDI into a WAV file and use LightWav?

    Thanks!!
  2. #2  
    I'm surprised that lightwav doesn't support midi files. Though there is a glitch with midi files were the phone will vibrate while playing the midi.

    because of this you may want to consider just converting the midi files over to wavs.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoagie
    Hello all.

    I am wanting to assign a custom MIDI for a few of my friends, but can't quite figure it out.

    It doesn't appear to me that the 650 can play per-contact ringtones out of the box. I recently bought a copy of LightWav, but it doesn't appear to support MIDI files. ARGH!

    Is there a way, hopefully w/o buying another app, to assign a custom MIDI on a per-contact basis, or will it be easier for me just to convert the MIDI into a WAV file and use LightWav?

    Thanks!!
    why would you want to use midi still? wav and mp3 are way cool! that is what lightwav is for. if needed we will add midi support back in the future release.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  4. ssrjazz's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    why would you want to use midi still? wav and mp3 are way cool! that is what lightwav is for. if needed we will add midi support back in the future release.
    Umm... because he -wants- midi support?

    I beta'ed lightwav 5 for the treo 650 support, and while it was nifty and all...I really didn't like not having the regular incoming call screen anymore for custom ringers I'd set up. Not to mention the lag from using another app (ptunes) to play the custom ringers was just annoying. Plus it was just not as stable as midi ringers.

    The short of it is, the things I needed to do to 'work around' issues in order to have the mp3 ringers just wasn't worth it to me. I just would like to be able to go into my contacts and assign a custom midi ringtone for that contact...just like I did with my sanyo 4900...I cannot believe that palmOne didn't think to put this in....

    Don't get me wrong...Lightwav is a fine app...and for those who want to deal with the details of using it and all, it's great! Personally it wasn't worth the hassle or the $$$.
  5. #5  
    I want to be able to use my "Old Fashioned Ringer" midi files and cannot with Lightwav. Add me to the list of those that would want that supported!
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by csherman
    I want to be able to use my "Old Fashioned Ringer" midi files and cannot with Lightwav. Add me to the list of those that would want that supported!
    Version 5.2 of lightwav and higher now suppports MIDI ringtones. You can even assign random MIDI ringtones to contacts or system ringers like sms, voicemail etc...

    Of course with MIDI you can set the sound to maximum and it will blast your speaker.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  7. #7  
    On the 600 at least you can assign a midi for each contact on your favorites (up to 50) as long as the midi is in main memory. Whe nediting favorites there's a more button to allow adding ringtone. Did they stop doing this with the 650?
  8. #8  
    Yeah they stopped doing that .. =/
  9. #9  
    I'm not sure what "they stopped doing," but on my 650 I can assign an individual midi ring tone for each of my 50 favorites. Works just fine. No 3rd party software needed. It's not on the "more" page anymore, however. It's right on the main page for each favorite.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.

Posting Permissions