Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am trying to converge my email accounts so that I can check them on my 650. Currently I use yahoo, cox communications (pop3) and gmail. Is there a way that I can forward my emails to my gmail account and then forward gmail to the 650 or would I need to forward each email account to the 650 seperately. Also, will Versamail handle this effectively or should I purchase Snappermail?
    The best option, IMO, would be to use a service like fastmail.fm or fusemail to gather all your emails together. Your options, then, would include ChatterEmail.

Marc
    I use Fastmail.us and snappermail.com both work well for this.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  4.    #4  
    So, Fastmail will allow me to merge my emails then forward them to the email client on my 650? For my email needs, would Snappermail or Chatter work better or is it just a matter of preference? I've read many Snapper vs. Chatter threads and it seems like people are split between the two. It seems that the only that is definite is to avoid using Versamail. Thanks for the advice!
    With fusemail...you can import your email from a yahoo or hotmail account. It works pretty good. For gmail, just go to settings and forward a copy to your fusemail address and then have it archive it out of your inbox. It works well.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Second the endorsement for Fusemail - it's almost instant, compared to a 3-12 hour poll...
    Is there a way that I can forward my emails to my gmail account and then forward gmail to the 650 or would I need to forward each email account to the 650 seperately.
    Yes, you should be able to forward any email account to any address. That has to be done on your email's config page (be it webmail, control panel or what not). Whatever address you choose to forward it to is up to you, but Gmail is a viable option (that's actually what I do, since Gmail has an amazing handling and filter for Spam).

For forwarding gmail to the 650, you're infering a push mechanism, which is why everyone is telling you to sign up for fastmail.fm and what not. If you dont need to have a push method to check your email (manually fetching your email via send receive button) you can do so with Snappermail (i'm not sure about setting up versamail to gmail, but i have my snapper fetching my gmail). BTW, there are several thread out there detailing how to set that up.

Also, will Versamail handle this effectively or should I purchase Snappermail?
    I say always make do with what you have. If you can do it with versamail dont bother getting snapper (even though snapper is a really good program).

read the following threads and you'll find that the hardest thing about the treo is not setting it up, it's choosing your setup:

Snapper vs Versamail comparison
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=69145

Versamail setup for Gmail (same info can be applied to snapper)
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=63068

Free alternative to push email (Treoneo's post #10, which I'm currently testing out)
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=70295

Anyways, hope that helps.
  8.    #8  
    Man, you guys are a tremendous help! It seems like my choices are to forward all my emails to fastmail or fusemail and then forward fastmail/fusemail to my 650 if I want my emails automatically checked. If I am OK with manually checking my email, I can forward my emails to gmail and just manually check my emails through my 650 email app.
    Quote Originally Posted by daygo718
    Man, you guys are a tremendous help! It seems like my choices are to forward all my emails to fastmail or fusemail and then forward fastmail/fusemail to my 650 if I want my emails automatically checked. If I am OK with manually checking my email, I can forward my emails to gmail and just manually check my emails through my 650 email app.
    With Fusemail you don't need to forward it - it will show up as though it was sent directly to Fusemail (thus the "fuse"). So, if you hit reply, you'll reply to the original sender - big difference. BUT, you lose who the email was sent to besides you. For this reason I use Snapper AND Chatter - I get real time email, and I can perserve/store mails with all the header info in case I need to know who else got the mail...
  10.    #10  
    I am debating whether to sign up for fusemail or just manually have my 650 check my gmail account. I have one question regarding gmail and yahoo. Do I need to have an upgraded yahoo account (right now I have the basic free account) to forward my yahoo mail to gmail and does having the basic yahoo account deny me from accessing it through fusemail? I have a feeling that I will not be able to forward my yahoo to gmail, but I will be able to access all my emails through fusemail. On fusemail's site, it does not specify that you need to have yahoo plus. They just say you can fuse your yahoo mail, so I'm assuming that it doesn't matter what type of yahoo account I have.
    I believe it will access it - it does not explicitly indicate it needs pop3 access. You can sign up for the free fusemail, and find out for sure, but I'm pretty sure you don't need upgraded yahoo. Unfortunately I upgraded Yahoo before I learned about Chatter and Fusemail...
    Fusemail will access one email account for free. You can choose for it to pull a yahoo account (or even hotmail). For your setup, you might have your gmail forwarded to your yahoo and then have your yahoo pulled using fusemail. That way you get them all in one app/account.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Fusemail will access one email account for free. You can choose for it to pull a yahoo account (or even hotmail). For your setup, you might have your gmail forwarded to your yahoo and then have your yahoo pulled using fusemail. That way you get them all in one app/account.

That's a great idea. Now I'm just debating on whether to give Versamail a try or just go with the majority and switch to Snapper or Chatter. I'd hate to pay for a new email app if the built-in app works.
    Oh, here we go. that answered my questions....!!! thanks! Now I've got Versamail and Gmail working. I still don't see why another app is needed, since Versamail will go check the mail every 5 minutes. Oh, wait, does push mean you get the messages instantaneously?

clarko
    Quote Originally Posted by clarko
    Oh, here we go. that answered my questions....!!! thanks! Now I've got Versamail and Gmail working. I still don't see why another app is needed, since Versamail will go check the mail every 5 minutes. Oh, wait, does push mean you get the messages instantaneously?

clarko
    Clarko, that's pretty much correct, if you have an e-mail account that supports push (idle) you will get the message almost instantly (with Chatter e-mail for the palm.)
    I hate getting another program as well if you already have a good option. Versamail has caused some issues for others so search the threads for that. As far as fetching mail every 5 min versus getting it pushed to you via imap, I recommend the latter.

My friend set up versamail on his 650 to fetch his pop email every 5 minutes and it would not get all his messages. I thought it was his ISP/mail provider but there were no problems when he used his desktop. When I had him change the settings in versamail to 15 minutes, it worked alot better (and his data connection wasnt always up and running every 5 min).

On the treo 600 email app, the quickest you can have it pull email is every 15 min anyway. He has already decided to go the imap/chatter route. Its instant (love the pop up window where you can read, mark it, delete it or respond and then go back to what you were doing...who said the treo doesnt multi-task ), doesnt effect battery all that much, and support is wonderful with lots of TC people to help out.
    Question about fusemail....

Say I have my Outlook Exchange email account set up to forward to a fusemail account...

1) Does it leave the original email in outlook in 'unread' status?

2) When I get it Outlook->fusemail->Treo do I understand it correctly that if the original email had more than one recipient I can only reply to the SENDER and not the full distribution list? (If the answer is yes then I will stop looking at fusemail so that answer would save me some time)

3) When I reply back to an email on my Treo in this scenario will the SENT outbox in outlook and/or fusemail be updated with the sent email in the sent folder?

Thanks!
    I will try (I dont use Outlook exchange)

1. I dont know. When I have mail forwarded to fusemail, it still keeps the 'unread' status in my other email system.

2. Again, IDK. On chatter, if there is more than one 'To:' then I can 'reply to all'.

3. Yes, you have to 'sync' your sent box. So when you set up the mailbox where you sync you 'inbox', you have to tell chatter to 'sent my sent emails here' by selecting the sent folder.

Hopefully, someone who uses exchange can chime in and give their .02
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Question about fusemail....

Say I have my Outlook Exchange email account set up to forward to a fusemail account...

1) Does it leave the original email in outlook in 'unread' status?

2) When I get it Outlook->fusemail->Treo do I understand it correctly that if the original email had more than one recipient I can only reply to the SENDER and not the full distribution list? (If the answer is yes then I will stop looking at fusemail so that answer would save me some time)

3) When I reply back to an email on my Treo in this scenario will the SENT outbox in outlook and/or fusemail be updated with the sent email in the sent folder?

Thanks!
    1) Yes.

2) If you use "forward", you will see the addresses it came from, but you will have to forward the email in order to resend to eeryone. If you use "redirect", it will show the original sender, but you will not get the dist list.

3) Don't know - I don't use it in this fashion, and haven't worked to make it syn. I believe t2gungho is correct though.

On the same note, I'm going to experiment setting up and email account on exchange which acceses my Fusemail account, and the "move" messages from the exchange server to that folder (rather than my personal folder which resides on my PC) when they come in. This should effectively give me the sync I'm looking for with full-dist list. The only disadvantage is I believe this will only work while the PC is on - so I'll just turn off my work PC on weekends... I'm also not sure if my IT guys will permit it (who knows with those guys...).
    This is a great discussion I have been tryingto get my gmail to POP3 to my versamail and no luck

A have seena number of references about Snappermail I think I'll try it as Versamail is a pain it seems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast