1.    #1  
    For those of you who have the GSM 650's, do you still need to install the bluetooth car kit update or is it already included?

Has anyone tried installing the update on a GSM 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by noahs
    For those of you who have the GSM 650's, do you still need to install the bluetooth car kit update or is it already included?

Has anyone tried installing the update on a GSM 650?
    I received my GSM 650 a couple of days ago and have tried, without success, to activate the handsfree/bluetooth system in my Lexus. I've followed all the instructions I've seen in this forum and the best I've been able to do is make one call via the Treo which is then picked up on the handsfree, but after that I'm unable to make or receive calls unless I go through the setup procedure again.

But to answer your question, I tried the setup before installing the carkit update, with the reults noted above. Then I downloaded and installed the GSM carkit update. No better results. Still unable to place or receive calls (except for one call after re-setup). I'm baffled and now am waiting for some smart hacker on this board to come up with a solution. Right now, this phone and carphone combination is worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetprop
    I received my GSM 650 a couple of days ago and have tried, without success, to activate the handsfree/bluetooth system in my Lexus. I've followed all the instructions I've seen in this forum and the best I've been able to do is make one call via the Treo which is then picked up on the handsfree, but after that I'm unable to make or receive calls unless I go through the setup procedure again.

But to answer your question, I tried the setup before installing the carkit update, with the reults noted above. Then I downloaded and installed the GSM carkit update. No better results. Still unable to place or receive calls (except for one call after re-setup). I'm baffled and now am waiting for some smart hacker on this board to come up with a solution. Right now, this phone and carphone combination is worthless.
    I spoke too soon. I went back to the Palm site with the carkit upgrade software, and found that I had downloaded the Sprint version rather than the GSM version. I downloaded the proper version, installed it, then followed the instructions noted here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=277

and the systems recognized one another, allowing me to now make both incoming and outgoing calls with good sound quality on both ends. There may still be a couple of minor bugs, but so far the system seems to work fine in my Lexus LS430.