View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

2 8.33%
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Well there are a couple out there but the problem is I have a limited ability to use advanced controls in the mode that I am dispalying the hotkey window. There are very few OS routines to help me control the UI. So everything has to be done manually. Not a huge deal but I have only so much code room in that "section" of the program. I don't really want to fill it up with UI control code. I would rather use that room for things like BlueTooth detection, cell tower detection (this one is huge maybe), LightWav, Callfilter integrations, etc..... So I would like to try to stay with the controls that I presently have if at all possible. I was thinking of increasing the Font on the profile section, changing the duration control from a listbox to a spin control, adding a field showing the currently active profile and then adding a stop button for this profile. Do you think this may work? I understand that it would be nice to have shortcut keys in addition to HotKey's. If that ment a tradeoff between that function and something like CF integration or BlueTooth detection for profiles what would you recommend?
    Well, I certainly have no use for CF or LightWav integration myself as I don't use these apps, but I don't want to be selfish and as I've understood it's a huge deal for other users.
    I'm not a developer myself, so not in any way familiar with the limits re: UI controls in PalmOS. Since you're using some popup overlay I think the Phone app Favorites idea is really out of the question then? I like that slider design (show two rows, slide to six) alot and that could also be really helpful as is saving screen estate to show the other controls as you mentioned.

But please take care not to have the screen wasted if other people (like me) are NOT using apps like CF or LightWav. Maybe this *is* selfish, but I'd rather not look at a big, white screen 'box' saying "No CF/LightWav detected! Sorry about wasting your screen space with this ugly, white space" What I mean is: if I choose to not to buy CF/LW, please don't punish me for that

But to be ontopic: it would be really helpful already as to have an instant profile switcher now (instead of choosing stop and picking another one). Better UI or profile switching considerations can be postponed to a later release as far as I'm concerned. I'm just thinking aloud as what might be a good idea to do the hotkey (instant) profile switching and helping you (and others) of possible UI and/or feature implementations Your feedback and brainstorming is really really helpful and appreciated and I'd applaud you for that. There's not many developer who'd like to do that
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    B0.8.9 notes

If I uncheck "Enable Keyboard Light Control", and exit SC by pressing any non-keyboard button (like Phone, Calendar, etc), my keyboard lights go off. Expected the lights to stay on.

If I uncheck "Enable Keyboard Light Control", and then enable Calendar Manager, my keyboard lights go off. Expected the lights to stay on.

On Global Options screen, checking on all four Change Alert options and checking on "PowerOn Status Window", and then clicking OK does NOT save these settings.

After execution of a 2-minute profile (all sounds OFF, display OFF), system sounds go ON, even tho they were set off before execution of profile, and when I go to Prefs, they are set OFF, but I can still hear them.

After execution of profile, kb lights do not come back on.

When Calendar Manager is enabled, my two-minute profile will not execute. I do not have SC commands in the calendar, nor do I have category enabled in Category Manager.

B0.8.9 questions

For "Profile Type", are Timed, Location, and Manual mutually exclusive? -- that is, you can only pick one at a time? (I can select both Timed and Manual at the same time.)

Will SCII include any default profiles?

On the Config > Display tab, what does Day and Night mode do?

Is there any space on the Config screen to include the name of the profile currently worked on? I keep clicking "Cancel" to see which profile I have selected.

On the Config > Sounds tab, should "Alert Name" be "Alert Type"?

On the Config > Display tab, does "Auto Screen Dimming" mean that the screen will slowly dim, starting from the current brightness level, down (or up) to the brightness setting specified for that profile?

I don't understand the Config > Options tab. These three options are specific to each profile? They are not general options?

On the Config > Options tab, does the "Clean Start" option replace the secret reset that was in Phase 1?

Will there be a way to quickly duplicate a profile?

(Sorry, Jeff, if any of my questions are answered in the thread -- I'm a little behind on my post reading. I will catch up by the end of the week, I promise!)

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by djr
    I was trying to ask you for the email address to use to send those file by PM, but you exceeded your PM quota Please let me know and I will send those files right away.
    cradlecare@wideopenwest.com
    I'd like to SC manually profile switching exactly same as milans profile app... u can't beat it... hold down option key.. up pop box that lists avail profiles & u select one.. no having to stop a profile.. it switches to new one.. it would be good to have option in that box to resume scheduled profile also..
    I also like milans splash that appears for a second when u turn on the screen telling u which profile is active. how about also adding the bt dun profile in there so when u choose it.. it suppresses anything that could kill the dun connection.
    hmmm.. wow.. my great ideas...
    what ya think jeff? btw.. had u ever used milans profile & CF together on 600? if not please do..it was a godsend.. really hope u & rob can make SC & CF the ultimate together for the 650.
    TIA
    john
    Tanster-

Long time no see...

I will answer what I can for you. Jeff will need to answer the remainder as I have some of the same questions and lack of understandings...

Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    B0.8.9 notes

If I uncheck "Enable Keyboard Light Control", and exit SC by pressing any non-keyboard button (like Phone, Calendar, etc), my keyboard lights go off. Expected the lights to stay on.

If I uncheck "Enable Keyboard Light Control", and then enable Calendar Manager, my keyboard lights go off. Expected the lights to stay on.
    The option on the Global Ops screen controls whether or not the toggle button is enabled. The key lights option can still be on or off based on a profile or calendar scK command.

On Global Options screen, checking on all four Change Alert options and checking on "PowerOn Status Window", and then clicking OK does NOT save these settings.
    Those options are "Not Yet Implemented"

After execution of a 2-minute profile (all sounds OFF, display OFF), system sounds go ON, even tho they were set off before execution of profile, and when I go to Prefs, they are set OFF, but I can still hear them.

After execution of profile, kb lights do not come back on.

When Calendar Manager is enabled, my two-minute profile will not execute. I do not have SC commands in the calendar, nor do I have category enabled in Category Manager.
    I will try to duplicate and verify these results.

B0.8.9 questions

For "Profile Type", are Timed, Location, and Manual mutually exclusive? -- that is, you can only pick one at a time? (I can select both Timed and Manual at the same time.)
    No. They can be both timed and manual The manual selection simply determines whether or not a profile is listed on the manual selection screen.

On the Config > Display tab, does "Auto Screen Dimming" mean that the screen will slowly dim, starting from the current brightness level, down (or up) to the brightness setting specified for that profile?
    Yes.

I don't understand the Config > Options tab. These three options are specific to each profile? They are not general options?
    These options are specific to each profile (Not global)

Hope this helps.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathros
    Long time no see...
    Hi Xathros! How are you? Yes, I have been pretty busy with my day job. If only I could play with my Treo all day long....

The option on the Global Ops screen controls whether or not the toggle button is enabled. The key lights option can still be on or off based on a profile or calendar scK command.
    Right, but if the toggle option is UNchecked, shouldn't the kb lights be "always on"? What I want is for my kb lights to be in default Treo status (always on), except when I'm running my overnight profile (which should turn them off).

They can be both timed and manual The manual selection simply determines whether or not a profile is listed on the manual selection screen.
    Ah, okay, now I get it!

These options are specific to each profile (Not global)
    I still don't quite understand. If I have a Nighttime profile to turn all sounds and display off from 1am-7am, what will "Allow Calendar Commands" do if I turn it on for this profile? -- does that mean I can have a separate and different calendar command running during that time period?

Thanks so much for answering my questions! I need to get working on updating the docs....

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    Hi Xathros! How are you? Yes, I have been pretty busy with my day job. If only I could play with my Treo all day long....
    I've been good. Thx I understand the busy part...

Right, but if the toggle option is UNchecked, shouldn't the kb lights be "always on"? What I want is for my kb lights to be in default Treo status (always on), except when I'm running my overnight profile (which should turn them off).
    Again, this option is just controling whether or not you have allocated a button combo to toggle the state of the kbd lights. I have 2 timed profiles setup (Day and Night) Day has the lights off and night has them on. Just the reverse of what you want. You could do the same as I did in reverse. I run Day from 6:30a - 6:30p and Night from 6:30p - 6:30a. This will work reguardless of the setting on the global ops screen.

I still don't quite understand. If I have a Nighttime profile to turn all sounds and display off from 1am-7am, what will "Allow Calendar Commands" do if I turn it on for this profile? -- does that mean I can have a separate and different calendar command running during that time period?
    if you enable calendar commands, this will allow a sc command in a calendar entry or a category sc command to override the current profile setting for the duration of the calendar entry. Not sure what will happen if the calendar entry ends beyond the end of a overridden timed profile yet - need to test that scenario.

The profiles allow for a "no change" setting on most sounds and screen options so your day/night profiles can deal with lighting only and you can have additional profiles that deal with sounds only. Pretty cool and flexible.

The allow nested profiles option (as I understand it) allows you to control whether or not another profile can override settings in THIS profile.

I have no clue what the "Clean Start" option does yet. And, the Hidden button is still hidden on the calendar manager screen way to the right of "... Rules"

Thanks so much for answering my questions! I need to get working on updating the docs....
    Always happy to help where I can. I look forward to seeing your Phase II docs

-X
    Xathros

8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    I'd like to SC manually profile switching exactly same as milans profile app... u can't beat it... hold down option key.. up pop box that lists avail profiles & u select one.. no having to stop a profile.. it switches to new one.. it would be good to have option in that box to resume scheduled profile also..
    I also like milans splash that appears for a second when u turn on the screen telling u which profile is active. how about also adding the bt dun profile in there so when u choose it.. it suppresses anything that could kill the dun connection.
    hmmm.. wow.. my great ideas...
    what ya think jeff? btw.. had u ever used milans profile & CF together on 600? if not please do..it was a godsend.. really hope u & rob can make SC & CF the ultimate together for the 650.
    TIA
    john
    Thanks for your ideas! I will change the monual profile selectionm process. I am thinking that my hotkey process is the correct path - right? Configure what HotKey you want to use from a selection of 4 or 5 different ones. Then when you hotkey I provide a selection of available profiles to switch to. That is there today. Is it also OK that I provide an optional control to specify the duration for the manual profile? Whe I think I need to change is the mechanism to stop/switch to a new profile. That is an easy switch. After using SC on the road for a couple of days now, I also see that I need to increase the font of the profiles in the hotkey list so you can easily see the names in different situations. I will work on this screen and provide a better implementation.

I also plan on the info screen at powerup. You will even see a selection for this option in the main Options screen. Just have not implemented this yet. I is *very* much needed. I not only plan on showing what profile(s) is/are active but more impolrtantly, the working configuration of the Treo. So I will display critical thinkgs like the volume levels, mute conditions, vibrate states, keyboard state, profile rules, BlueTooth device detection, Dun status, and other settings. Just depends on the amount of room I have on the page. Depending on the level of effort, I might even allow changes to some of the settings right then and there. Just don't know about that yet though.

As for CF, I have never used it of Milan's profile app. I did load Milan's app on my 600 over the weekend and looks like you would need some training and cockpit time to fully use its functionality. I am trying very hard to make this product powerful yet simple to use. I think my new UI design that I have on the drawing board will be a big step in that direction. You will see that in the next couple of builds.

I have reached out to Rob about a developement partnership but so far he has not gotten back to me. I would again encourage you and others to also reach out to Rob and make a formal request. I am sure he is right in the middle of trying to port CF orver to the 650. I personally know how frustrating this process is on the 650!!

Well back to the developement grind stone. Hope to get a new build out tonight.

Jeff
  9.    #149  
    Good job answering most of the questions!!!!

I've been good. Thx I understand the busy part...
    [/font]
    Again, this option is just controling whether or not you have allocated a button combo to toggle the state of the kbd lights. I have 2 timed profiles setup (Day and Night) Day has the lights off and night has them on. Just the reverse of what you want. You could do the same as I did in reverse. I run Day from 6:30a - 6:30p and Night from 6:30p - 6:30a. This will work reguardless of the setting on the global ops screen.
    This keyboard condition was a bug. Found and fixed it already. If you disable the "enable Keyboard light Control" the keyboard lights should stay on as they *normally* do on the 650. Very broken but that's how they work.....

if you enable calendar commands, this will allow a sc command in a calendar entry or a category sc command to override the current profile setting for the duration of the calendar entry. Not sure what will happen if the calendar entry ends beyond the end of a overridden timed profile yet - need to test that scenario.
    Very good! And what is *supposed* to happen is that when the new profile begins execution it will look at all 3 of its global flags to determine if the current command (if there is one) should continue to be valid. If the current command belongs to a calendar entry, then the flags "allow calendar commands" will either allow or disallow the currrent calendar command to remain valid. Then if you have "Clean Start" enabled, this profile will stop this calendar command in favor of the initial value in the profile but will allow changes to this profile's command later by the calendar if requested. Its a way of starting with a fresh profile configuration but allowing dynamic changes later. The lastly, the "Allow Nested profiles" flag is checked. If there is a command active and it belongs to a profile, then "the active profile's" "allow nested profiles" flag is checked to see if it is allowing profile changes. If it is, then the new profile's command is executed and it's "Allow Nested profiles" flag becomes active for the next profile that may execute. Now there is an override ot this rule. If you select a Manual profile, it will override all active profile's "Allow Nested Profiles" flags. I did this because if you executed a Manual profile, you are really saying that you want this profile for a very specific reason so it has the highest priority and will enforce all of its initial command settings. From then on its 3 flags will govern the behavior of future command execution attempts by calendar entries or other Timed profile executions.

The profiles allow for a "no change" setting on most sounds and screen options so your day/night profiles can deal with lighting only and you can have additional profiles that deal with sounds only. Pretty cool and flexible.
    That is correct. The same holds true for any control that has a '----' choice.

The allow nested profiles option (as I understand it) allows you to control whether or not another profile can override settings in THIS profile.
    Very cool idea. Hadn't thought of a separation of profile definitions based on command types.

I have no clue what the "Clean Start" option does yet. And, the Hidden button is still hidden on the calendar manager screen way to the right of "... Rules"
    Hopefully explained this above.
    as far as switching manual profiles.. let there be an option for duration & option to cont current profile until choose another.
    I only used the pop up manual profiles I created with milans app..
    had no need for scheduled profiles.. & rarely used my datebook.. my schedule is chaotic & must change profiles quickly on the fly.
    so.. do me a favor jeff.. load up cuRent version of CF (trial) on your 600 w/milans profile app.. so u can get a feel for a possible integration of SC & CF.
    TIA
    john
  11.    #151  
    as far as switching manual profiles.. let there be an option for duration & option to cont current profile until choose another.
    I only used the pop up manual profiles I created with milans app..
    had no need for scheduled profiles.. & rarely used my datebook.. my schedule is chaotic & must change profiles quickly on the fly.
    so.. do me a favor jeff.. load up cuRent version of CF (trial) on your 600 w/milans profile app.. so u can get a feel for a possible integration of SC & CF.
    TIA
    john
    Will do. I did load Milan's app but did not give it a long test ride. What is the hotkey? I couldn't find it when I looked. But I only tried it for about 10 minutes before I got side tracked.

I know and I hear everyone on the "Milan" effect. I will make this work well for everyone!

Answer one thing for me though so I can get a quick baseline. Is the way I display the list of profiles OK in the current implementation when you hotkey. Ignore the fact that I display a STOP screen for active manual profiles. But is the list box in line with your needs that contains profile names to scroll through to select the one that you want to activate. I also plan on implementing typing selection but just have not gotten around to it yet. So for example if you type 'k' it would take you to the first profile that starts with a 'k' , etc.....

Again I also think that the font needs to be increased for the profile names. Do you agree?

Do I show enough profiles in the list by default? The current implementation allows for 5 profiles to be displayed before you need to scroll the list box. Is this enough? Should I set this to a larger or smaller number?

I am also looking for ideas on how to show if a manual profile is active. I really think there whoudl be an indication if a manual profile is active at the time you hotkey. Do you think this name should be displayed on the initial hotkey screen? If so do you have an opinion where? A profile name can be upto 15 characters in length. So placement on the screen will be important.

Screen area is a premium and I am trying to keep this screen simple but yet functional. Perhaps I should include the active profile's name as a part of the titlebar? Would that be a good idea?

I would also like an opinion on the duration control. Should it remain a list box or is it taking up screen area that should be used for displaying more profile names?

I will also add an "Stop" button if a profile is active. Then you could select to simply stop the current manual profile if that is all you wanted to do. I will also allow the selection of a new profile without first stopping an active manual profile. My question here is: Should SC display a confirmation screen asking if it should override a currently active manual profile? My gut feel here is yes as long as the default button on the form is "Yes". Thoughts?????

Jeff
    great ?'s.. & feels so complicated compared to what I'm use to.
    in milans app.. the hot ket is by holding down the options key. over on mtdn.. tekara replied to my post about SC integration.. said shoulnt be a prob once he gets the bugs worked out of the porting for 650... please go check out velocitware forum there.
    I must say I'm getting nervous.. CF new release is weeks over due & not much from rob on his progress/problems besides that he is working on it... bet he's frustrated & getting burned out.
    "fingers crossed"
    john
    ps...any contact w/shadowmite.. I feel so bad about what has happened.. so many did take him for granted.. then spit on him..
    bet he won't be much help when the FWpatch is released because of a few *ssholes.
    well jeff.. thank god u manage to keep things in perspective.
    btw.. didn't mention that milans profile app accessable in prefs app..
    as for all your ?'s about SC UI... never even tried it yet.. sounds so complex.. didn't know where to start.. lol with the constant changes etc.. until you got it ready for the masses... I didn't find "profiles" too complecated.
    Good job answering most of the questions!!!!
    Thanks.

This keyboard condition was a bug. Found and fixed it already. If you disable the "enable Keyboard light Control" the keyboard lights should stay on as they *normally* do on the 650. Very broken but that's how they work.....
    Thought it might be but wanted to check with you before stating that.

Very good! And what is *supposed* to happen is that when the new profile begins execution it will look at all 3 of its global flags to determine if the current command (if there is one) should continue to be valid. If the current command belongs to a calendar entry, then the flags "allow calendar commands" will either allow or disallow the currrent calendar command to remain valid. Then if you have "Clean Start" enabled, this profile will stop this calendar command in favor of the initial value in the profile but will allow changes to this profile's command later by the calendar if requested. Its a way of starting with a fresh profile configuration but allowing dynamic changes later. The lastly, the "Allow Nested profiles" flag is checked. If there is a command active and it belongs to a profile, then "the active profile's" "allow nested profiles" flag is checked to see if it is allowing profile changes. If it is, then the new profile's command is executed and it's "Allow Nested profiles" flag becomes active for the next profile that may execute. Now there is an override ot this rule. If you select a Manual profile, it will override all active profile's "Allow Nested Profiles" flags. I did this because if you executed a Manual profile, you are really saying that you want this profile for a very specific reason so it has the highest priority and will enforce all of its initial command settings. From then on its 3 flags will govern the behavior of future command execution attempts by calendar entries or other Timed profile executions.
    That makes perfect sense to me.

Very cool idea. Hadn't thought of a separation of profile definitions based on command types.
    Hmmm. Not quite sure what you mean here.

I now have a much better understanding of the newer options. Thanks.

-X
    Xathros

I know and I hear everyone on the "Milan" effect. I will make this work well for everyone!

Answer one thing for me though so I can get a quick baseline. Is the way I display the list of profiles OK in the current implementation when you hotkey. Ignore the fact that I display a STOP screen for active manual profiles. But is the list box in line with your needs that contains profile names to scroll through to select the one that you want to activate. I also plan on implementing typing selection but just have not gotten around to it yet. So for example if you type 'k' it would take you to the first profile that starts with a 'k' , etc.....

Again I also think that the font needs to be increased for the profile names. Do you agree?

Do I show enough profiles in the list by default? The current implementation allows for 5 profiles to be displayed before you need to scroll the list box. Is this enough? Should I set this to a larger or smaller number?

I am also looking for ideas on how to show if a manual profile is active. I really think there whoudl be an indication if a manual profile is active at the time you hotkey. Do you think this name should be displayed on the initial hotkey screen? If so do you have an opinion where? A profile name can be upto 15 characters in length. So placement on the screen will be important.

Screen area is a premium and I am trying to keep this screen simple but yet functional. Perhaps I should include the active profile's name as a part of the titlebar? Would that be a good idea?

I would also like an opinion on the duration control. Should it remain a list box or is it taking up screen area that should be used for displaying more profile names?

I will also add an "Stop" button if a profile is active. Then you could select to simply stop the current manual profile if that is all you wanted to do. I will also allow the selection of a new profile without first stopping an active manual profile. My question here is: Should SC display a confirmation screen asking if it should override a currently active manual profile? My gut feel here is yes as long as the default button on the form is "Yes". Thoughts?????

Jeff
    Here is a mockup of what I think the select screen should look and act like:

http://pka.xathros.com/%7Exathros/gp...fileselect.jpg

The 6 top buttons get ther labels from my profile names. Since I only have 5 profiles defined, the 6th shows undefined and is not selectable. Buttons big enough to access with fat fingers. Bold buttons to indicate active profile and duration. Hmmm - maybe a small text line to indicate when the currently selected profile will end. I don't know if you can dynamicly set the button captions, in VBVBVB++ $I$ $can$ $so$ $I$ $suspect$ $this$ $is$ $also$ $possible$ $in$ $C$ $with$ $PODS$. $Dunno$ - $but$ $hope$ $so$. $I$ $think$ $6$ $up$ $front$ $on$ $buttons$ $with$ $a$ $selector$ $for$ $all$ $manual$ $profiles$ $if$ $more$ $than$ $6$ $and$ $something$ $like$ $my$ $durations$ $section$ $with$ $the$ &$quot$;$Until$ ...&$quot$; $option$ $for$ $complete$ $control$. $Maybe$ $make$ $the$ &$quot$;$Until$...&$quot$; $button$ $dual$ $purpose$ $and$ $share$ $it$ $with$ &$quot$;$Stop$&$quot$; $when$ $a$ $manual$ $profile$ $is$ $active$... $Then$ $if$ $the$ $user$ $selects$ $an$ $inactive$ $profile$, $that$ $button$ $would$ $revert$ $back$ $to$ $Until$..

Here is my toughts on the power up active profile screen.

http://pka.xathros.com/%7Exathros/gp...iveprofile.jpg

I think this would be fine without the ability to activly change the settings on this screen - just informational. A dismiss button (and possibly a timeout of say 5 seconds [or user configurable timeout]) and the ability to directly access the profile select screen (above) from here.

Anyway, those are my thoughts at this point. Whadaya think ?

-X
    Last edited by Xathros; 03/09/2005 at 08:46 PM. Reason: added Active Profile Settings mockup.
    Xathros

that looked good xathros...

jeff... from velocityware forum on mtdn:

CF & schedule care
    (1/1)
    johnski1969:
    many.. including myself would like to have CF & jeff gibsons "schedulecare" integration. jeff has said he is welcome to this & would like to rob on this. I think the two apps would be the ultimate utility together.. let's all stress that we want & need this integration to rob, jeff, & tekara..
    let's make it happen. can u help with this tekara... thanx
    john

Tekara:
    I don't think this would be any problem, considering that rob put in support for several other similar apps I imagine once he finally finishes getting callfilter worknig on the 650 he'd gladly put in support for this one.

johnski1969:
    tekara..
    jeff has said in the SC thread over on TC that he has reached out to rob.. but has had noreply from rob yet.
    so..any word on robs CF progress... ?
    jeff has voiced he would help rob as he has also had to rewrite for 650.

Tekara:
    hmm. . . I don't remember recieving any mail in from jeff about schedule care. . . maybe he used a bad email address? Also Jeff would probably want to wait for after the 650 version is complete so that rob will have some time to look into integrating schedulecare and callfilter.
    ps...any contact w/shadowmite.. I feel so bad about what has happened.. so many did take him for granted.. then spit on him..
    bet he won't be much help when the FWpatch is released because of a few *ssholes.
    Johnski-

From the looks of Shadows website, he is still in high gear working on enhancments for the Treo. He has a forum up and running at his site. I think he just decided to consolidate and keep all of his activity on his site. (Just an assumption) Anyway, drop by http://www.shadowmite.com and check out his forums. Still lots going on.

-X
    Xathros

that looked good xathros...
    Thanks.

Plopping controls on a form is way easy! Making them functional, well, thats a whole nother story... Thanks to Jeff, I'm toying around with the dev tools for Palm and having a blast with it. I've got a looooong way to go to catch up with the likes of Jeff however.

-X
    Xathros

19.    #159  
    great ?'s.. & feels so complicated compared to what I'm use to.
    in milans app.. the hot ket is by holding down the options key. over on mtdn.. tekara replied to my post about SC integration.. said shoulnt be a prob once he gets the bugs worked out of the porting for 650... please go check out velocitware forum there.
    I must say I'm getting nervous.. CF new release is weeks over due & not much from rob on his progress/problems besides that he is working on it... bet he's frustrated & getting burned out.
    "fingers crossed"
    john
    I don't want to get side tracked but I did not hear anything about Shadowmite? Email me with the details: cradlecare@wideopenwest.com
  20.    #160  
    Here is a mockup of what I think the select screen should look and act like:

http://pka.xathros.com/%7Exathros/gp...fileselect.jpg

The 6 top buttons get ther labels from my profile names. Since I only have 5 profiles defined, the 6th shows undefined and is not selectable. Buttons big enough to access with fat fingers. Bold buttons to indicate active profile and duration. Hmmm - maybe a small text line to indicate when the currently selected profile will end. I don't know if you can dynamicly set the button captions, in VBVBVB++ $I$ $can$ $so$ $I$ $suspect$ $this$ $is$ $also$ $possible$ $in$ $C$ $with$ $PODS$. $Dunno$ - $but$ $hope$ $so$. $I$ $think$ $6$ $up$ $front$ $on$ $buttons$ $with$ $a$ $selector$ $for$ $all$ $manual$ $profiles$ $if$ $more$ $than$ $6$ $and$ $something$ $like$ $my$ $durations$ $section$ $with$ $the$ &$quot$;$Until$ ...&$quot$; $option$ $for$ $complete$ $control$. $Maybe$ $make$ $the$ &$quot$;$Until$...&$quot$; $button$ $dual$ $purpose$ $and$ $share$ $it$ $with$ &$quot$;$Stop$&$quot$; $when$ $a$ $manual$ $profile$ $is$ $active$... $Then$ $if$ $the$ $user$ $selects$ $an$ $inactive$ $profile$, $that$ $button$ $would$ $revert$ $back$ $to$ $Until$..
    I like it. But the question is will other people like it? The one problem right now is that I tried to get poplists to work when I first created the screen. There is some wierd things going on that I couldn't find a solution for. Things are much different in the part of the application. When this screen is active, SC is not a "real" application if that makes sense. It is only partially given UI control. So not all of the controls behave the same as they when the application is fully loaded. So if possible I need to stay away from dynamic controls like poplists and sliders. How about an alternative? What would people think about a set of up/down arrows that would continually change the existing 6 button labels to the next set of 6 profiles? The next question would be how do I determine the initial order of placement?

Here is my toughts on the power up active profile screen.

http://pka.xathros.com/%7Exathros/gp...iveprofile.jpg

I think this would be fine without the ability to activly change the settings on this screen - just informational. A dismiss button (and possibly a timeout of say 5 seconds [or user configurable timeout]) and the ability to directly access the profile select screen (above) from here.

Anyway, those are my thoughts at this point. Whadaya think ?

-X
    I was thinking along the same lines. Nice layout but there are some additional things I think we need on this screen. Master mute status (yet to be implemented), system sounds, etc....

Also remember that multiple profiles can be active together with calendar commands. I am struggling with how to show this. Potentially there could be a profile or calendar entry for each possible command in ScheduleCare. Very unlikely but possible. That would mean that there would be, at the preset time, 22 active "owners" of configurations at any one time.

If I can get it to work, I think a touch and hold on a configuration could produce a hover-text that showed the owner of this setting. Any setting that was not active would be greyed out or have an X through it. Something like that. Thoughts?????
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast