View Poll Results: Pricing For ProfileCare aka ScheduleCare Phase II. (Honest Options Please)

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • $10 - $15

7 29.17%
  • $15 - $20

13 54.17%
  • $20 - $25

2 8.33%
  • $25 - $30

2 8.33%
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
  1.    #121  
    All,

Build B0.8.9 has the following features added:

• Automatic Screen Dimming
    • Day/night mode toggle
    • AutoOff timer control
    • Network HotSync support
    On the ToDo list:

• Change the UI
    • Add an optional powerup status screen
    • Change the "stop" mode in manual profiles
    • Add support for individual controls for system, alert and game volume( now they are are controlled through the All option)
    • Add support for BlueTooth device recognition
    • Add indicators for profile & calendar activity (ie LED sounds, etc....)
    • Add Support for Wallpaper switching
    • Add Support for color theme switching
    What else am I missing?????
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Sounds like a winner to me! Keep up the good work Jeff!

Fittske out!

Ps. Have you contacted the maker of callfilter for a possible intergration?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Sounds like a winner to me! Keep up the good work Jeff!

Fittske out!

Ps. Have you contacted the maker of callfilter for a possible intergration?
    Thanks!

I have not contacted Rob. As I understand it, he does not yet have a version of CallFilter that is close to running on the 650. I have however contacted Danny Wong (LightWav) and he is very interested in talks about an integration. But before I move forward with either product, I would like to gather some requirements. What would you like to see these products do once they are integrated? Can you give me an idea of the feature list you would like to see?

As always, I am open to any ideas that will make this the most useful product you will have on your Treo. Of course, at the end of the day, I will have to stop somewhere.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    All,

What else am I missing?????
    Hotsync profiles for Newtowk vs. wired vs. BT hotsync.

ie. Contacts and calendar only when network, Everything when wired, some things when BT.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Jeff I am not sure if these are not already included...

1) The ability to change the "current privacy" security state, (hide, mask and show records)

2) In "Sounds and Alerts" the ability to change the state of how SMS's are handled. The User can select "Show Message Alerts" which will display the entire text message when it comes in, or the user can uncheck this option and will only get the messaging icon on the phone screen when this option is left unchecked.

These two functions would be cool to control with schedulecare.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    rob has run into difficulty converting CF to 650.. can u lend him a hand & work on integration for both your apps.. CF is the god for what it does... if your app can't intgrate with it (when CF is released) you app would be Useless to me... as I have software that does what SC does (that I actually need & use) & milans profiles will likely cont to be supported by the new CF.
    so... # 1 requirement I need from SC is support of CF with reguards to set/scheduled profiles.. just as milans does..
    ex.. go to work.. I manually change profile to work status..wich integrates w/ CF filtering out personal & not in contacts calls.. sending em to voicemail.. except my wife. "home" profile only allows calls in contacts & sends all others..including work calls to voicemail. I think u get the picture. profiles for meetings etc.
    & please don't forget to have SC check state of bt dun.. if active suppress all calls/alarms & apps from trying to connect to vision... that's the only feature besides support of CF that would make me want this app.. its what I need & only thing I don't have that I would use.
    thanx
    john
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    rob has run into difficulty converting CF to 650.. can u lend him a hand & work on integration for both your apps.. CF is the god for what it does... if your app can't intgrate with it (when CF is released) you app would be Useless to me... as I have software that does what SC does (that I actually need & use) & milans profiles will likely cont to be supported by the new CF.
    so... # 1 requirement I need from SC is support of CF with reguards to set/scheduled profiles.. just as milans does..
    ex.. go to work.. I manually change profile to work status..wich integrates w/ CF filtering out personal & not in contacts calls.. sending em to voicemail.. except my wife. "home" profile only allows calls in contacts & sends all others..including work calls to voicemail. I think u get the picture. profiles for meetings etc.
    & please don't forget to have SC check state of bt dun.. if active suppress all calls/alarms & apps from trying to connect to vision... that's the only feature besides support of CF that would make me want this app.. its what I need & only thing I don't have that I would use.
    thanx
    john
    Thank you very much for your post! So if I understand you correctly, you need for SC to set the configuration state of the rules within CF. Is that it from a high level? I will reach out to Rob. It would also help if you and other CF users would encourage him to participate in an integration effort.

As for the DUN solution, I will look into it. Just thinking out loud, but the best solution for the phone problem would be forwarding. I'll bet that by the time I can detect that a phone call is coming in, the DUN connection may have been killed already. But I will research and provide a solution.

Jeff
    you got it jeff.. thanx a ton!

TEKARA... ARE YOU THERE.. CAN U, JEFF, & ROB GET TOGETHER ON THIS... PULEEEEZ
    john
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathros
    Hotsync profiles for Newtowk vs. wired vs. BT hotsync.

ie. Contacts and calendar only when network, Everything when wired, some things when BT.
    Agreed! Or maybe even HotSync method by profile (profile Network vs Cradle/Cable vs BT) (without the conduit stuff if that's too difficult to do)
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    I will reach out to Rob. It would also help if you and other CF users would encourage him to participate in an integration effort.
    Jeff
    I hope you guys can work it out, but don't hold your breath. I'm probably begging a flame here, but as I see it Rob is a little stand-offish. His minions will probably be very helpful, though
  11.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by djr
    Agreed! Or maybe even HotSync method by profile (profile Network vs Cradle/Cable vs BT) (without the conduit stuff if that's too difficult to do)
    I already have the network/local Cradle/Cable sync in the product. The network sync option was added in the last build. As for the BT sync option, I will work on that. Don't know quite how to make it use a particular connection type.

As for the configurable sync'ing based on , I think all of that logic for configuring particular conduits resides on the client and not on the palm. I'll check though.

Jeff
    Jeff, I'm really digging the constant updates! There are a few things that I would like to see refined (some or all of these may already be on your todo list).

1. Lower Brightness Level- I have a Treo650 and I find that I can manually turn the brightness level down more than I can get schedule care to. The Schedule care auto dim feature sort of seems to approximate this, but then the light comes on brighter after any keypress. Is there any way of getting schedule care to turn the treo's brightness levels down even further, perhaps some combination of the option-shift can be automated through schedule care. this would be really helpful for situations like the movie theatre where you might want to view the screen without lighting up the whole area around you. To be clear, I'm only asking for schedule care to approximate what the treo650 can already do manually.

2. Change between profiles more easily- Right now, in order to switch between profiles, I have to stop one profile and then start up another. When I use "stop" I get a crash and soft reset. The crash never happened before with any version of schedule care. I also completely deleted the previous version of schedule care before installing this one.

3. When I do get a soft reset or change profiles, my general system sound settings seem to suddenly turn back on. I would like to have them off, although I do still want to hear my alarms etc.

4. Ring or Vibrate- right now in schedule care, when I set up my profiles and use them, it seems like I have to choose between either having the phone ring and vibrate at the same time, or ring and then be silent when the top switch is set to the silent/vibrate position. I would like the phone to be able to ring when the switch is in the ring position, and vibrate when its in the silent/vibrate position. Does this make sense?

As far as my profliling needs, sound/lighting are the things that I would like to see the most flexibility with. It's likely that one or more of the things I've asked about are already possilbe with Schedule Care, and that I've just missed them (user error etc). I do already think you are doing a wonderful job so far!
    I already have the network/local Cradle/Cable sync in the product. The network sync option was added in the last build. As for the BT sync option, I will work on that. Don't know quite how to make it use a particular connection type.
    Sorry Jeff, should have explained better. I meant the different HotSync profiles. For Network Hotsync or the local HotSync option you can have different setups (of which one can be Bluetooth for example).
    As for the configurable sync'ing based on , I think all of that logic for configuring particular conduits resides on the client and not on the palm. I'll check though.
    In the HotSync app you can hit :menu: D and do Conduit Setup during Modem HotSync. I think it's tied to Modem HotSync only (and independent of how many different Modem profiles you have)
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Jeff, I'm really digging the constant updates! There are a few things that I would like to see refined (some or all of these may already be on your todo list).

1. Lower Brightness Level- I have a Treo650 and I find that I can manually turn the brightness level down more than I can get schedule care to. The Schedule care auto dim feature sort of seems to approximate this, but then the light comes on brighter after any keypress. Is there any way of getting schedule care to turn the treo's brightness levels down even further, perhaps some combination of the option-shift can be automated through schedule care. this would be really helpful for situations like the movie theatre where you might want to view the screen without lighting up the whole area around you. To be clear, I'm only asking for schedule care to approximate what the treo650 can already do manually.
    You bet! I was thinking of changing the control to a slider to you have full control of the brighness level. I think that will address this request.

2. Change between profiles more easily- Right now, in order to switch between profiles, I have to stop one profile and then start up another. When I use "stop" I get a crash and soft reset. The crash never happened before with any version of schedule care. I also completely deleted the previous version of schedule care before installing this one.
    Interesting information about the crash. I do not see the same behavior but I will look into that!

You are not the forst person to ask for a different implementation for stopping and starting up a new manual profile UI change. I agree and have that on my list. I took a shot at an implementation with the current release knowing I had to start somewhere. I will come up with a one step alternative and see what you and others think of it.

3. When I do get a soft reset or change profiles, my general system sound settings seem to suddenly turn back on. I would like to have them off, although I do still want to hear my alarms etc.
    I have changed this already. I actually found this last night and already have the solution implemented but waiting for a few other things before I put out the next release.

[quote]4. Ring or Vibrate- right now in schedule care, when I set up my profiles and use them, it seems like I have to choose between either having the phone ring and vibrate at the same time, or ring and then be silent when the top switch is set to the silent/vibrate position. I would like the phone to be able to ring when the switch is in the ring position, and vibrate when its in the silent/vibrate position. Does this make sense?

So you do not want Vibrate in the hardware switch ON position? I plan on implementing a software version of the hardware slider button. I already have this working but waiting for my UI shange in the Sounds tab to make it available for general use. This implementation stops *all* sounds - period.

But what you are asking for is separate controls for vibrate in Silent and Muted modes. I'll put this on the todo list. It is certainly possible and I took a shortcut when I initially implemented the vibrate option. ;-)

As far as my profliling needs, sound/lighting are the things that I would like to see the most flexibility with. It's likely that one or more of the things I've asked about are already possilbe with Schedule Care, and that I've just missed them (user error etc). I do already think you are doing a wonderful job so far!
    Thanks for taking the time to participate in the Beta and for sharing your thoughts and needs! I will incorporate them into the product.

Jeff
  15.    #135  
    Sorry Jeff, should have explained better. I meant the different HotSync profiles. For Network Hotsync or the local HotSync option you can have different setups (of which one can be Bluetooth for example).

In the HotSync app you can hit :menu: D and do Conduit Setup during Modem HotSync. I think it's tied to Modem HotSync only (and independent of how many different Modem profiles you have)
    Ah I see. Well today I have given the ability to automatically either do a local cradle/cable or a network hotsync.

As for the modem conduit menu, isn't this just a list of the programs that you want to backup/restore? Or is this menu saying that these programs have conduit software on the PC that performs additional duties for that application during a hotsync? I tend to not think so because I see "my" programs listed in this list and I know that they do not have conduit support built in to them. I would like to know more about this if anyone has the information to share.

Jeff
    You are not the forst person to ask for a different implementation for stopping and starting up a new manual profile UI change. I agree and have that on my list. I took a shot at an implementation with the current release knowing I had to start somewhere. I will come up with a one step alternative and see what you and others think of it.
    Maybe a simple profile switcher where you can select your profiles by numbers and letters? Sort of like what you have when you hit whatever hard button you have chosen as profile switcher in the ScheduleCare app itself (Manual Profile Selection). I'd like to see the top part maybe in a two column grid (like the Phone app Favorites pane) where you can assign speed access to the different profiles with letters and numers (like said before). The duration can be a drop down list with the different options.

What software is out there to help me explain better by actually designing the screens? (with PalmOS controls etc). I'd like to help out and express better in UI design if you would like that (the help that is)
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Interesting information about the crash. I do not see the same behavior but I will look into that!
    I'm seeing the same crash. Here's the ERR (#*377) output if needed: 'A reset was caused on 9-3-05 at 4:37 while running "Schedulecare": MemoryMgr.c, Line:3849,Invalid chunk ptr'
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
  18.    #138  
    Maybe a simple profile switcher where you can select your profiles by numbers and letters? Sort of like what you have when you hit whatever hard button you have chosen as profile switcher in the ScheduleCare app itself (Manual Profile Selection). I'd like to see the top part maybe in a two column grid (like the Phone app Favorites pane) where you can assign speed access to the different profiles with letters and numers (like said before). The duration can be a drop down list with the different options.

What software is out there to help me explain better by actually designing the screens? (with PalmOS controls etc). I'd like to help out and express better in UI design if you would like that (the help that is)
    Well there are a couple out there but the problem is I have a limited ability to use advanced controls in the mode that I am dispalying the hotkey window. There are very few OS routines to help me control the UI. So everything has to be done manually. Not a huge deal but I have only so much code room in that "section" of the program. I don't really want to fill it up with UI control code. I would rather use that room for things like BlueTooth detection, cell tower detection (this one is huge maybe), LightWav, Callfilter integrations, etc..... So I would like to try to stay with the controls that I presently have if at all possible. I was thinking of increasing the Font on the profile section, changing the duration control from a listbox to a spin control, adding a field showing the currently active profile and then adding a stop button for this profile. Do you think this may work? I understand that it would be nice to have shortcut keys in addition to HotKey's. If that ment a tradeoff between that function and something like CF integration or BlueTooth detection for profiles what would you recommend?

I can always postpone this feature until the very end of development and see if there is room to add it then???

Jeff
  19.    #139  
    I'm seeing the same crash. Here's the ERR (#*377) output if needed: 'A reset was caused on 9-3-05 at 4:37 while running "Schedulecare": MemoryMgr.c, Line:3849,Invalid chunk ptr'
    Palm errors really mean very little unfortunately. It would really help me to know how each of your profiles was configured. Even better would be for you to send me:

SC-ProfilesDB
    SC-StrProfileDB
    KeyboardDB
    ScheduleCareDB
    SCDB-Cat

From these files I can begin to trace and find the problem much faster.

Jeff
    Palm errors really mean very little unfortunately. It would really help me to know how each of your profiles was configured. Even better would be for you to send me:
    I was trying to ask you for the email address to use to send those file by PM, but you exceeded your PM quota Please let me know and I will send those files right away.
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast